Tier scaling instead of CR scaling

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kAiSeR007, May 16, 2015.

1. Treskar Committed Player

Question. Has anyone noticed Increasing CR on server causing game to have MOBs SCALE FOR EVERYONE FOR EVER TIER?*even when you have no CR 121 in group*

Now we have tier 7 CR 121. The MOBs in the game are now scaling to that point for all events<raids specifiically>As if we are playing a single player scaling game except this is an MMO so we are all being affected by the scaling.

Just a concerned player starting to notice odd changes to dmg received for both players and MOBs on a more regular basis then before this update. Mine in avarice tier 6 4 man used to take more then one shot to kill a player now kills all players with one shot. Blocking against Bosses you could survive the salvo, now just slows the death to occur. Like against Penguins grenade or the Paradox Tyrant rolling move. Probably a lot more examples those I noticed definite changes in what occurs.
  2. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Not even bothering to mod my gear anymore. Just sticking synthetics in that I bought before the marks conversion to get socket affinities. You need high CR to do damage, tanks need high CR to survive, and for healing and trolling it almost doesn't even matter. I'm sure the stat flattening plan for making the game run smoothly in the future sounds great but at the end of the day for the players it's ruining the gear progression that a lot of us loved. All the min/maxing is over. People don't care about math, they want shiny new things. When you see that your new shiny loot you got increases your stats by less that 0.1% it's a bit meh. It doesn't make you want to unlock more content, which is the current business model for this game.
    • Like x 2
  3. ddidderr Well-Known Player

Agreed. Me to. I don't mod a single piece of gear with new mods. Only Alpha Mods for the crits and maybe some synth mods here and there. But who cares, my CR rules the damage. If I have the CR the slight advantage VII mods would bring are not worth it. 21 Exobytes for every piece of gear just to get a really minimal advantage? Where I could instead just try to increase my CR by 1 more and booooom I have a better effect than modding everything VII.

I mean there is a fundamental problem with modding your gear with exobyte-related-mods. From tier to tier they get more expensive. You need more and more exobytes. But even if the advantage you would get from them would always be the same level you still would need to get more exobytes (for every char you have) and to spend more money to be fully modded. Either you use exceptional recovery kits and lose exobytes everytime or you are forced to spend real money to keep all your bytes. The one way or the other it is like modding gets more and more expensive but at the other hand you don't get out more of being fully modded than before. And especially nowadays where CR rules your damage people start to question why they should make huge efforts to be always fully modded.
    • Like x 1
  4. ddidderr Well-Known Player

Ok, let's think about it different. We all discuss it like stats went (or would have went) crazy somehow and they had to do something about it. Now they look at your CR and use it for a (messed up) calculation with your stats. Instead of just taking your stats for calculating (which should be mathematically possible).

Stats have specific descriptions in how they affect your character:
    [IMG]

If there was a problem with defense, then why not changing how defense works in the first place. Decrease the damage reduction it gives you if you get higher and higher. And with Might and Precision I don't see any problem. They increase your damage out by XX percent per point. So just give NPCs more health and/or defense so they withstand your Might and Precision you have in a specific tier.

It must be possible to use the stats as the only way of how your character is affected in combat. Using another value (CR) is just messing it up.
  5. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I'm doing the same.

I do still care about the Crits but not enough to need to put a mod in for 102 gear.
    The lack of content to do to earn marks is making me very stingy.

My plan is to run all my 4 toons through the solo, duos, and alert every day. When raids and bounty reset those too.
    No resetting raids unless I'm feeling whimsical.

I'm going to run that content to fill up on 102 gear while also earning marks for the vendor gear for all my toons. Most expensive gear bought first then to least. Mod only the 108 or 110 gear.

If I had more marks to earn I'd at least try to earn more for to place in my 102 gear.
    I've only gotten as far as the chest on most of my tooks because I've only decided on this recently.

I haven't decided when to put actual mods in yet. Maybe I will when I get all the plans I need by them just dropping. Not sure.

That's how I've decided to go about it.

Sure there isn't much content to get marks, and I know im being stingy, but idc. I've ran AF2 content into the ground that I don't mind.
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

Use a one exobyte Alpha or Beta mod. Gives you the crits, but you can get it back with an Alpha recovery kit. Make sure it's only one Exobyte though, some beta mods use two.
  7. KDICHU Well-Known Player

Base Stats + Gear = CR is how it should be then SP matter towards cr but not by a amount of SP but on how u spec meaning a current lvl 120cr could drop and a 119cr could raise if the 119 has 150sp and spec correctly then yes they could raise CR above another 119cr with the same gear.

Right Now DCUO is set up
    119/150sp > 120/107sp

Should be
    119/150sp < 120/107sp

a 119/150sp IS STRONGER than a 120/107sp DCUO HOW THE F u make the Elite Weak AKA

Gear + Replays + Replays + Replays = Most of the Population Not Modding Not Caring just getting Gear TYVM DCUO for F'N Up and wooo GU48 big moves dc big moves......oh crap look Elder Scrolls Online is coming soon o0o0o0 bye bye for now FIX UR CRAP DC
  8. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

This I can agree with. In our stats menu defense says how much defense it takes to mitigate 1% of damage. I can agree that they could have instead used CR as an adjustment basis for defense, rather than level, which could have prevented this issue quite as much(72=1 at 30 500=1 at cr 110..just random number). Either way, I wasn't defending the change overall, I was merely pointing out issues with arguments currently going on about the change.

Most of these issues consist of "CR means more than stats.", which is correct and incorrect. My view of it is simple: if you are weaker than an enemy... you should be weaker than the enemy, whether stat based or CR based it comes up with a similar result. I do agree that there needs to be some fine tuning to the equation to make the difference not quite as wide as it is on live.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eminence Dedicated Player

Mods? Irrelevant
    Skill points? As long as you have enough for wm and crits, anything else, irrelevant.

skill points are more relevant in pvp than in pve now, backwards again devs n friends...
    • Like x 2
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

I think you hit on the fundamental issue here: shiny. A few points in CR change isn't as shiny as a few thousand might, even if the result is similar. As to the modding, you should realize that the relative CR scalar interacts with your stats, so increasing them will still make a significant difference. Again, not as shiny, but still significant.

People are having stat inflation withdrawal. Yeah, I coined that term. ;)
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The devs removed one of the universal fun factors in mmos/rpg, and that is min/max. Guess can't worry about it to much, we will have a totally different system next year, the good news is ps4 have more mmo coming soon
    • Like x 1
  12. Mur Dah Active Player

I wasn't making a point with regard to GU 47 vs what we had prior and I can imagine the stats on item level 108 gear prior to GU 47 would have been astronomical, however I don't have a problem with linear stat progression it's the CR damage mitigation that I'm not sure about.

The point I was failing;) to make (obviously this only applies to DPS) was I expect the player with higher might/precision to hit hardest e.g someone with 10,000 might should hit harder than someone with 9,000 might. And while this is true for players of the same CR from what I've witnessed since GU 47 released is that even a difference of 1 or 2 CR can make a huge change to a players output.

For me this is hardly game breaking and I'll enjoy the game regardless, but like I said it doesn't seem right.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it changes and you either adapt or get left behind sorry that the way it happens like it or not.. and the OP clearly stated he gets smashed if someone is higher CR than him so blame him and others who makes these scoreboard chasing threads not I
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Mitigation works similarly. There's a scaling factor there that interacts with your defense stat.

As for the higher might stat example, since CR now modulates the might stat, you can't really look at the stat independently anymore. Before GU 47, as I explained earlier, the stats inflated significantly with the CR, so stat differences like in your hypothetical couldn't happen. Folks are just so used to the start inflation, they can't wrap their heads around the new system.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So when you adapt, you mean use replays? All the op said was the truth, and you said the same stale argument pkayers have been making since we started posting
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

nope rarely ever replay anything i personally would be fine if they were removed as they are the reason the devs keep having to try and slow the gear progression down in the first place. its only stale because you dont agree with it not because its not valid if scoreboard was removed or revamped to show the MVP as top instead of damage all these type threads wouldn't exist
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

CR Scaling makes sense as long as there are parameters that have been clearly defined.

For instance, if your CR is within 5% of the enemy CR you do not get a bonus or receive a penalty.

Using 111, 116, as variable for a 120 and a 126 boss here are things we can analyze and talk about.

CR 111 on a 120 boss variance in CR is 7.5% lower, this means a CR 111 will do less damage and on a 126 boss the damage decreases further.

CR 116 on a 12o boss variance in CR is 3.4%, since player is within 5% of enemy CR a 116 and 120 toon should have similar damage out. And on a 126 boss the variance increase beyond the 5% there the 120 will have better damage out.

I used this as an example so that we can all understand this beter. I believe that a 1 or 2 CR will not make a difference as the variance between player and enemy will not be as great. But as the variance increase both negatively and positive it impacts the damage out.

I started to notice on the new content that adds CR are 2-3 lower than the bosses, this make higher CR toons damage increase further during an instance.

I am curious whate % they have it set for determining when CR scaling is impacted. Is it 3%, 5%, 7%, etc... I imagine it is between 3-5% and that above or below that you start to see difference in damage out potential.

The last part is needed as we all know CR does not equal skill. A skilled player will produce more damage.

A skilled player with SP and VII mods will produce even more damage.
    • Like x 1
  18. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I find funny the "adapt or get left behind" (plus the scoreboard chasing argument you already post three times and everybody was ignoring). Forums are for discussing and debating, for saying adapt or leave I don't know why you even bothered to join the forums and post; even more considering you are not contributing to anything :)

I have a tip for you, for free: closing your eyes doesn't solve problems. And one more: things change when people complain, doing nothing only helps to have nothing.
    • Like x 1
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

It really is absolutely nuts how CR affects us like it is. Having a well geared tank is more crucial than ever in upper tier content. Our tanks each made a comment that they visually see a difference between just 2 or 3 CRs. I have no idea why they chose to do things this way. At 114 CR my DPS was 11k on 8 LH targets. Yesterday, just 6 CR higher with slightly more might (and a controller chest!) it's at 18k.

I hate changes that take the skill portion of play out of the hands of players and put it on a luck of the draw loot system. Skill and skill points are far less important then they were last week and that's a horrible thing. Everything is reliant on how lucky you happen to get with drops. Stupid.
    • Like x 2
  20. tinoman Dedicated Player

are they gonna have to change the description of might and precision because a 114cr player with 9900 might 3500 precision will do less damage that a 125cr player with 8000 might and 3k precision against 126cr boss and adds ?