Tier scaling instead of CR scaling

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kAiSeR007, May 16, 2015.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Did you test that? I have seen alot of shouts for 120 for content
  2. Redman_x Well-Known Player

DCUO greed at its best.

Replay badges are the only marks that matter now.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Its obvious, first off. And for what content? T7? If so then obviously that is because the enemies in T7 are 120, so a player below 120 will be taking more damage and doing less damage. The numbers I used are not exact on the %, but they get the job done on explaining it.

An easy test I did have though, was in T6 content (HoH and Lab), where I easily kept up with and beat a 121 dps while I was 115. The reason I was able to keep up is that the enemies we were facing were 115, and therefore the only difference between us was skill/stats when fighting these enemies.

Also, what people are shouting for is not a good notion to base anything on. People are always asking for higher CR players and they have been doing that for years. This change will not do anything to change the fact that people will always assume CR>Skill and want the highest CR.

That said, I will completely agree, when a player is BELOW the enemy npc's CR, then yes CR>Skill/Stats. When they finally reach the CR of the enemy, then Skill/Stats>CR as usual.
  4. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Um, I still see my dominance, precision, might, restoration, etc, raise when I use my sp. Mods don't matter about raise cr but stat now. SP and mods still matter but cr is the most important, there's nothing wrong here.
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think a big part of the problem is once again the fact that the developers put the CR of each enemy at around about the maximum achievable CR of the player. Completely oblivious (at least in the impression they give) to the fact that groups were destroying Survival Mode which made us fight NPCs that far exceeded anything you'll find in this DLC, at a CR much lower than is achievable now.

An easy solution is to at least TRY regular content with NPCs that are way out of the achievable CR range. So that advancing to the next DLC or the one after that is the only way the difficulty is reduced. The fact that I've already seen video footage of an imbalanced group destroying Elite Happiness Home BEFORE the DLC has even been released officially yet just speaks volumes to me about how easy the game is.

With that being said, I don't think we stand much chance of seeing change because as someone eluded to earlier in the thread, Replay Badges are the soul focus of content. Whether this is factual (and I'm sure the devs would be happy to say it isn't) or not, is irrelevant. This is the impression that's given each time new content is released.

But DLC14 was the last of it's kind. No more quarterly DLCs. Monthly content releases from this point on, starting in July/August/September. No longer necessary to choke the players into playing just 1 piece of content to chase unrealistic rewards for 3 months until the next batch is ready. I remain hopeful for the future.
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

This is that I do not understand, I'm cr 120, of course I have more stats than a cr 115, I have 5 cr more than him. Then this means that if I want to beat a 115 cr on necro I need to wearing a cr 99 items, become a 114 and go necro?
  7. just an honest dps New Player

would a higher cr support/dps person do more damage than a lower cr full dps person? that might be something to test.
  8. TroEL Dedicated Player

9. Remander Steadfast Player

Folks just can't wrap their heads around this. If they could, it wouldn't be an issue.
    • Like x 3
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

People have to want to listen.
    • Like x 1
  11. MentosTroll Loyal Player

But a player with higher might/precision should ALWAYS do more damage than a player with lower might/precision(whilst everything is the same)
  12. just an honest dps New Player

they should but is that the case with CR scaling?
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

yep. Your damage is highly reliant on your CR and less reliant on your might and precision.
    • Like x 3
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

The game is fine how it is. These changes brought it more in line with a difficulty scaling and stat scaling for future progression. the point of this thread is to complain about not topping the scoreboard which doesn't matter anyway so it's a non issue. Games change, some of you just need to learn how to adapt
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

They won't listen , I have explained in multiple threads about how sp and stats still mater and how they work in the formula but they choose to believe what ever the want as long as it fits within their ideas.. There not topping the scoreboard so their egos can't take it is all these threads are . Good luck trying tho we need your voice of reason amongst the crying
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm tired of players using the "games change" excuse, no game change every year like dcuo, and the scoreboard topping excuse is equally as stale.
    • Like x 2
  17. Zeikial Committed Player

If this wasn't about the scoreboard you would have never made this post plain and simple.
  18. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I fail to see how SP and stats are as important or relevant as before when my damage out or my withstand against enemies is highly determined by my CR, which for raising it you have 2 raids with luck based drops. The damage or withstand difference between two people playing the same tier but with different CRs is very noticable, very.

As I said, this is the reason why Elite vas beaten two days after the episode release. Push NGN until you reach CR120 then pew pew Elite. CR scaling allows that. CR is what matters, pushing as hard to get the highest CR is what matters. That's what's going on right now.

It would be much better to remove the CR scaling if the players are in their relevancy band, so the only differences will be due to Stats, player skills and of course, FotMs.
    • Like x 2
  19. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Scoreboard just helps to detect the problem. It's like your eyes, just because you close them it doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
    • Like x 6
  20. Zeikial Committed Player

I agree this game changes way to much, and both arguments are stale but the fact is people make these threads because they are not where they want to be on the scoreboard. As stale as that may be it is the truth. I find seeing nerf this thread because I was doubled in damage stale or change this back because I was doubled in damage stale. It is what it is. The first paragraph was a excuse as to why he was doubled and the second was how he didn't like it, typical of a scoreboard thread.