SP Requirements need to happen.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theblackcat456, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Before i say anything, i would like to clear things up.

I have seen people with 120sp play exceptionally well, but i have also seen several players with over 200sp play horribly. However These are incredibly rare occurences.

By no means should having slightly higher sp indicate better skill Eg "1guy has 155, pick the other 160guy"but im talking about the outliers, the extremes, its unacceptable that i see people below 100sp at t6 i saw a guy yesterday cr115 100sp,REALLY? He had no knowledge in tod and failed miserably.
    Even 120-140sp is laughable At Endgame [ around 112-115cr ]

Currently im 190sp, By no means does my sp indicate im a beast but it shows i have a decent time spent here and have gained experience over time,i believe im competent and sp has helped my performance in content significantly.

Its time for an end to seeing a cr112 with 79sp or a 113 with 91sp or even a cr108 with 57sp.It shows a lack of experience and effort. SP requirements on content such as Raids and alerts need to happen!Im tired of the HUGE IMCOMPENTENCE in dcuo. SP requirements will greatly reduce this problem, as i previously stated, high sp isnt ALWAYS the determining factor in producing a good player. I have given low sp players a chance in groups before and they fail me, rare occurences does 1 have potential, but i dont have TIME to pick a needle from a haystack,i want to able to form a group and not worry about UNDERPERFORMING players, many get abuse for judging by numbers but in my experiences numbers tell you everything 9\10.
    • Like x 5
  2. Anima Committed Player

And you think more skill points is going to make him smarter? Are you reading your own thread?

Have you considered teaching him the mechanics of the raid and/or his power set/role? If not, you're posting the wrong message.
    • Like x 45
  3. True Despair Well-Known Player

Do i get something for reading this? for example the 2 mins i spent reading it back.
    • Like x 35
  4. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Lets get real here, a game that relies on people buying content for funding.

You-' Ugh i'm uncomfortable with running with people not performing how I want them to, bar more people from running the end game content I have 190, so thats a decent number, ugh everyone else needs to spend as much time as I do. i could form a group that meets my requirements, but no, i want you developers to sacrifice funding, get rid of new players who'll be unable to progress through content for months because I decided to personally grind rougly 30 points away from max sp and want everyone else to do the same'

Me- lol
    • Like x 27
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Beyond 100 skillpoints, the advantage is minor.
    The stat increase 100 more skillpoints can provide will not prevent a one-shot k.o. and not grant knowlegde about game or bossfight mechanics.

Use the character search and make your own group, if you wnat SP requirments ;).
    • Like x 26
  6. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

skill points indicate more time spent on game and all aspects of dcuo,if he had double his sp, he would know basic tanking skills and people need to figure things out for themselves, so u can adapt for things in the future,im not gonna hold his hand.
  7. True Despair Well-Known Player

The anecdotal evidence, and contradictions is giving me a headache.
    • Like x 31
  8. Anima Committed Player

Nowhere did I say "hold his hand".

I'm sorry, but did you go into Throne of the Dead automatically knowing what to do from the get go?

And I'm sorry, but did you once again insinuate that more Skill Points (thus, more time spent on the game) makes a better player? Makes someone more knowledgeable about their role?

No.
    • Like x 13
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Well.... it had been a while since we saw one of those.

Eons ago... people would automatically assume that bad players had low SP.

But luckily..... at some point we had Wavedox to check things out.

Thank to Wavedox....we were able to see that a lot of bad players had HIGH SP........ and a lot of good players had relatively low SP.

I say relatively because not everyone agrees as to what is low SP.

Some will see 120 as low SP.

Some will see 100 as low SP

Some will see 50 as low SP.

So now thanks to the Wavedox god....... when we see a bad player.... we can look it up.

And now we know that many of those bad players actually have HIGH SP.

So now we KNOW that there are BAD players with HIGH SP.

And we KNOW that there are Good.... heck even GREAT players with relatively low SP.

I guess knowing is half the battle.
    • Like x 26
  10. Xolag Well-Known Player

SP don't need to be a requirement, some people don't like to grind SP and i don't think the game should force they to do it.
    • Like x 14
  11. Saami Loyal Player

I think that 200sp should be requirement to any content.
    Including Brainiac´s ship.
    • Like x 21
  12. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

13. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

There should be requirements to keep the extreme lows out, your joke isnt funny
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Skill point does not equal skill...I repeat, skill point does not equal skill. Adding a skill point requirement will only accomplish one thing: It will drive players away from this game. Not every one enjoys grinding for skill points. Many of them are dull and boring to chase after. And while I still believe that skill points hold some value, word coming from test server players seem to indicate that skill points are having diminishing value (again) in comparison to Gear/CR. You already have a tool available to weed out low skill point players from your groups, the various DCUO Census web apps that allow you to look up characters and their pertinent details. Use it if you don't want to run with players with low skill points. Just realize that a skill point gate for content is not what's needed, and will only prove detrimental to the game.
    • Like x 28
  15. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

More time spent on game definitely indicates more knowledge.,
  16. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

If u can read,i said the low sp performance was good on extremely rare occurences.
  17. True Despair Well-Known Player

ive been playing this game for 4 years; i cant tank for ****. Where's your logic now?
    • Like x 13
  18. True Despair Well-Known Player

Now you're just playing semantics.
    • Like x 4
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

False, false, false...if he had double his skill point, he would have double his skill point. Case in point: I've seen WAY to many people that STILL haven't mastered the most basic thing in this game....how to block. It's one of the first things this game teaches you on the Brainiac ship...and yet there are people cr110-115 with 190+ skill points who don't know to block during the Carol Ferris fight in Love & War raid...even after someone yells out "BLOCK"!!!! :confused::rolleyes: Or how about people that don't know how to get out of an AoE damage like fire...:confused:

Your insistence that people "figure things out for themselves" only leads to people staying ignorant in this game...in which case it's not a lack of skill points that's hurting certain players, it's a lack of friendly players pointing the way. People helping each other has 1000x more value than another 100 skill points or so.
    • Like x 22
  20. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

The term "skill point" is a misrepresentation, achievement point would be more accurate title. Myself I would like to see more competency out of players in the community. One of the big things that I have learned is that sp/cr is in no way indicative of competence. I know plenty of 200sp+ 114cr individuals who have put in the time to farm their sp but still have very little understanding of their role or any in game mechanics. Like you said yourself I have also seen many 120sp individuals out play those same higher sp players. That being said as of lately I have also came across a LOT of 114cr 60ish sp individuals...smh. However implementing sp requirements for content is ridiculous and unnecessary. If it is really that much of a problem you can solve that by being the guy who shouts in LFG " need 115cr 200+ sp roles for TD PST". All kidding aside putting together your own group via LFG may help your issue, but we as a community need to try our best to increase the competency/knowledge of the player base. That's just my 2¢ worth
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.