Why does 98 gear drop in elite??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Frankzilla, Apr 24, 2015.

1. KDICHU Well-Known Player

Right but it doesn't drop 99 I believe Elite should drop minimum of 99 Gear for AF II, I like the idea of Elite but when I first did it and I got 98 for all drops I was kind of over the Elite Raid, on the other hand its a good thing it doesn't since people cant help but do what I call cheating and some of the community calls and Exploit.
  2. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

The new tier gear should drop at a minimum of 100 gear. Anyone that has played the last episode should have a full set of 98/99 already.

I can understand "rare loot" should not be common but it is a kick in the face to obtain a drop that you could have received from the content before in an alert/solo. In addition, why should we get gear that is no longer "relevant" to us anymore. If the devs are suggesting that we do relevant content for progression then the rewards should be relevant to us as well.

I understand how making everything use the same mark makes sense and to not allow us to double dip in past content. However, due to the fact this game has substantially less content than other mmo's it would be nice if they added something to the loot table for veteran players. I am not suggesting anything towards our actual gear such as marks but it would be nice to get exobits, recovery kits, and a higher chance at getting those rare pieces in the content that is no longer relevant to us.

The relevancy issue should be considered a two way street. I am not asking to receive a piece of desired loot from every raid I run. But I am asking not to be kicked in the face and given rewards that can be obtained in lower content. This goes from getting solo/alert gear in raids and getting gear from one episode in the next episode. New content should always = progression.
    • Like x 2
  3. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i would have have liked to see a few more unique items. some special role specific iconics, some special dps gear. some items apart from the style sets were trying to complete with some variation in their stats or special mod affinities and bonuses.

i feel lucky that i managed to get a few 101 utility belts and a neck piece out of my elite experiences. even if it dropped 99 and 100 cr pieces would it matter? Gear becomes obsolete faster each dlc. At this point 99 cr gear is as worthless as the blue 98 drops. 100 cr drops are only worth the style feat and coveted 101 pieces will soon be replaced by easier to obtain 102+ cr pieces each and every month. if you enjoy farming the elite raid more power to you but in a few weeks it won't matter much anymore.

mostly i'd like to see some more variety.
  4. Unida Dedicated Player

just pick to take the extra marks in the new loot system if 98 is in the list - 98 is just filler and pointless.
    take the marks, run raids/alerts etc in order from fast to slow, buy vendor gear, burn out, and then wait til next month for new stuff.

*profit*
  5. OG Grier New Player

Frankzilla does have a point. They should be dropping at least 99 gear minimum instead of 98. After spending countless hours of wipes and looking for tanks in LFG + spending replays it makes you wonder. 100 gear isn't really "rare". I guess it is by DC's definition but it's not for players who continually run the content. I guess this would be more of an idea for upcoming DLCs.

P.s. you can also obtain 98 gear doing the daily Gotham under siege solo mission which doesn't make sense for it to be dropping in ELITE content.
    • Like x 3
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

Yes, it is.
  7. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

Ridiculous is right. If the drop rate were increased then this would not be so painful. But the community is so thin (because the drop rate is so low) that getting into an elite raid to get a chance at a rare drop is difficult. Circling the drain is the metaphor that comes to mind. I disagree with the current set up because I think the vendor should sell better than 99 gear. But more importantly, the drop rate is way too low.
    • Like x 2
  8. ermike Committed Player

The elite raid dropping 98 gear is insane.. that gear can be chosen in the solo.. The "trash drops" should have been exclusive base style, hard to find styles that could be sold, mods, total recovery kits, etc.. Things of value. Receiving 2 trash drops when only the 1st 2 bosses were beatable was so disheartening.. i never understood putting the 98 gear in there.
    • Like x 2
  9. lanternknight Committed Player

His point is that it should not be dropping cr gear that drops in alerts and duos. And he is right. That is just a waste of our time to run the raid just to get solo cr drops. AF2 as far as drops are concerned was just not done well on your guys end. You moved away from what was working with the best gear being vendor gear. When you did that with AF2 along with the poor drops in raids caused a lot of problems with the enjoyment of running the content.

Even the way elite was designed is wrong. We beat regular then have to wait a week to beat elite for drops. The next week it then resets. You made it to where we HAVE to use replays to get more of a chance at the absolute best gear in the game. Yet it is still full of 98 drops. To the point where two different bosses will drop the exact same 98 drop in one run. Really? Elite should not have 98 gear at all in it.

How it should of been is that the raid drops should of been 99cr with a chance at 100cr. Elite should of dropped 100cr with a chance at 101. With 98 gear only dropping in the alerts and solo mission.

Hopefully HOP2 doesn't follow the same poor drop planning as AF2. If it does this new loot system still won't matter because the poor drops will still make it suck.

Like I said the best was when vendor gear was the best. Even the raid loot set up from A&B to L&W was good, with both vendor and raid drops having the same cr, with raid drops being just slightly better.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

It'll be interesting to see how people perceive trash drops when content is equalized in value. Right now people view solo < duo < alert < raid < elite raid. The new episode system coming in about 4 months will be more like (solo = duo = alert = raid) < (elite alert = elite raid).

Bigger group content won't give you better rewards. To finish a set, you need to play everything. Solo, duo and alert rare drops will be the same as raid rare drops. The difference will mostly be that raids will give more marks, more boss fights, more attempts at loot, and possibly more of the items in the set can be only earned in raids.

That'll mean trash = trash universally. There'll be no expectation that a raid's trash drop be better than an solo's rare drop. It'll certainly change how people share their feedback. I wonder if people would perceive things differently if trash drops were exobits, simple and complex materials instead of gear with an IL attached to it. It seems the 98 is the thing being focused on when it could just as easily be 28 gear for the purpose it plays. It's just a placeholder for that slot in previous DLCs when you wouldn't get a drop at all (just an extra mark).
    • Like x 1
  11. Rasta Committed Player

They should really change the description of the Throne of the Dead (ELITE) because it says the raid has "greater rewards" which is clearly misleading. It is not a definite 100% chance for a better drop.

Getting the same item level 98 drops from a raid that is obviously more difficult than its regular version doesn't qualify as greater rewards.

Change it to something along the lines of "An increased chance for greater rewards."
    • Like x 1
  12. Frankzilla Committed Player

Ok is everything handed to ppl literally or do you have to pay outrageous amounts of money on replays for because there is a difference. As i've previously stated it doesnt have to be every single boss but ppl should know at the least once the beat hades they will not see anything blue. How is that wrong maybe if ppl weren't so busy posting they entire existence on facebook they'd be aware enough to see when they getting played with. I am vigilant and will not be played as the 85% of the deaf dumb and blind masses if ppl are on here talking about dopamine then they know about the 85%. The same thing thats happening now took place in dox after ppl voice thier opinions changes took place and they made sure when you beat the Tyrant you received the highest lvl gear because you worked for it. But it didnt start that way the same should apply now regardless i am understanding so ill give that every boss would make other raids irrelevant. Even thou in reality they are already irrelevant i mean ppl want 100 gear only to be able to get in Elite to chase after 101 gear and there is already tons of ppl whom took advantage of glitching throne and are 115 cr in which they dont need lab or hoh outside of feats. So what is it thats really being said nothing and in conclusion at the very least Hades should not be dropping 98 gear AT ALL how can you accept anything less the vendor in the ELITE content.
    • Like x 1
  13. Frankzilla Committed Player

Um truthfully going in elite and receiving something less then vendor gear is getting nothing especially on hades like come on
    • Like x 1
  14. Frankzilla Committed Player

This is exactly what i mean Ive been around for a while and definitions are changing before my eyes with little to no explanation. I could have swore trash drops came from trash mobs of adds. When did these trash drops get added to the bosses loot table. Right now its like when running TD you fight the adds and a white weapon will drop thats 88 lvl or something like that. But thats what we are getting on bosses now can you please point me to the Thread where the devs announced this.
  15. Frankzilla Committed Player

Now they might hook the kids that play this game but most adults are (1) Disappointed on here voicing it (2) Disappointed and on their way out the door (3) Already gone waiting for ESO to come on out. I've put in time in this game heck I have the 25k gather feat and got it before you could do it as a group. Now I resort to running my free raids and standing in the pvp phase talking to league mates. Because the drops are as bad as the have ever been and now you tell me that they added trash drops thats should come from adds to the bosses loot table and its clear now. Those kids your trying to hook do nothing but pvp and have no money are premium and get a respec token every two weeks with allowance the big bucks are coming from pve where the adults are. Give us our just due cause i previously stated we were told we have two weeks to beat this raid you have only one unless you pay. So technically this raid is being paid for on top of subscription i shouldn't have to say to much more.
  16. Frankzilla Committed Player

Ok sir if you dont use replay badges do you have 2 weeks to run the elite and receive a reward like you were told you were going to have no. Did they tell you that in order to have two weeks to receive a reward from Elite you would have to use replays that you paid for with your money no. With that being said in this free world you live in you would only be able to receive a reward every two weeks thats 6 chances at the highest lvl gear in a month. Compared to the 36 chances a month you would get at obtaining 100 gear from the non elite raids all without using any replays. Now the difference between the two is all the more reason why that trash gear should not be on all the Elite bosses loot table.
  17. ACW37162 Loyal Player

With content being released monthly in the near future and each set of gear having at least some sense of relevancy. It would be my expectation that the drop rates be increased to actually be able to complete gear sets in a months worth of play.

I have found the drop rates extremely frustrating for me every sense Halls of Power 1 and if they keep he current gear drops rates into the new monthly release cycle I can promise I'll be extremely frustrated.

Test is always a hard place to judge gear drops rates because group content and finding groups is much more difficult and less common.
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

I kind think they have been explaining it each step of the way. In the beginning there was vendor gear and all raid drops were below that. They kept with that through T4. They also had us roll on loot. Then in T5 they introduced a few new things. They told us we would get the best gear from raids, not from the vendor. They also gave us personal loot. They had a high drop rate but offset that by making all gear role-specific meaning you had to chase drops for your role. People really didn't like that. So they said okay, they'll make drops unattuned but we're going to have to drop that gear less frequently because there's a specific pace they want us earning gear between DLCs. They offset that drop rate with an extra mark when they didn't get gear. People complained because they didn't see the extra mark and thought they were getting nothing. So then they did away with the extra mark and filled its place with trash drops. People today still complain about the drop rate being low so they're giving us a loot choice system where you get two chances at gear and a choice at other stuff. They're taking the system further after this next DLC by making solo, duo and alert content more relevant with monthly release cycles (making their rare drops just as valuable as rare raid drops). There's a history to all of these changes and they explained each step of the way from my recollection.
  19. Sbel Devoted Player

That's not true. I wish it were, but it's not.

As you can see, it's more like (solo = duo) << (alert = raid) < (elite alert = elite raid).
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

Yes, they did.

So what? It's still free. None of those facts or feelings change its freeness.