Test Discussion GU 47: CR Differential Adjustment Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

lol im still waiting for those instance portals......I wanna solo Oan Sciencells... lol I would do that a lot lol........just thinking about it is awesome
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

lol I love the forums.... >.<
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

I was doing some T1-2 solo missions and I found a few problems.

Healing barrels are not giving enough health and power, especially power, to low CR characters.

The Gotham University Warehouse seems somewhat harder than the other T2 challenges.

The T2 Old Gotham Subway solo gave me a level 32 piece of Split Personality. I realize that the solo on live drops 52 gear that has the stats of 32 gear, so having the stats and CR matching each other is arguably an improvement, but I'd still prefer gear of the proper level and stats.

The Battle for Earth South Gotham solo missions (Uncivil Engineering, etc) aren't giving Marks until T3. This is wrong for three reasons. First of all, as always we can get the missions at 30 regardless of CR. It doesn't make sense that they don't drop marks until they're easier. Secondly, on live the Sub Avatars start dropping level 52 gear (T2) when we reach CR 43(T2). Thirdly, those 4 missions have always dropped T2 marks, first a Mark of Distinction, later 5 Marks of Triumph. So you should either make the missions give marks for multiple tiers or make it so that you don't get the missions until they do drop marks.
    • Like x 3
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

They just need to add the loot drops for the low content raid bosses- and I mean base items, styles, etc. (not marks)
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

So far noticed a couple of things, New Genesis solo is a lot easier now, maybe it's a bug, but pretty much everything dies in one hit (with some exceptions).
    For low content I tested on FoS 3, that's pretty much where I always test as it's in the mid range of tiers, and all adds are stronger than the ones in FoS 1 and 2. So far like everyone has mentioned the damage is huge, In 15 seconds I did 1.1 million damage, however I found an issue, Superman and Lex are dying almost instantly, that didn't happen before, as I was killing the sniper along with the Infantry, medics wiped Super and Lex within seconds, then the problems began as I was ambushed by all the adds, 6 in total (i made it pass the first wave of 3), and since all my HL combos split damage I couldn't hit all 6 adds with enough force to do enough damage to counter theirs, within seconds I was dead. Second try I tried to range them, but then had the problem of the sniper, and again all HL attacks split damage, special in range, I was able to reach Nod, but not without using a soder and backups, Nod beat me though, but only because my health didn't recover enough. So as it is now I'm sure If I add a shield to my rotation I'll probably be able to do the whole raid solo, but for toons who's attacks split damage it will be an issue, but it was a raid so I understand the risk involved.

I am thankful to Tunso and the team for the changes, right now at CR 124 I felt more like CR 90 doing that raid solo, but I don't really care much for raids soloing, my concern was the alerts and solos as they where giving us some trouble, but again thanks to the team for the work, It's been an uphill battle with some league mates regarding this Update because of the marks issue, trying to convince them, even when I myself don't agree one bit, that we can get through it, hopefully this fix to the damage might help a bit, or at least not totally quit.
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

that's all we're supposed to get now, everything but the marks.
  7. Earth Mastery Level 30

I don't feel like the Bounders in Gates should be hitting me for 7000 with 124cr. It's also tier 4 and I'm still hitting for normal numbers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

For those people worried that things are going to be too easy/as easy as they are now, I don't think you have to worry. I just did a bit of a test to see for myself. I have no issues soloing the SoT Raven bounty on live with a 104 Sorcery character. With a 124 on test I was damaging her much, much slower and she was hitting me much harder. I also did a quick check of FoS2 and the adds are hitting much harder than on live (I fell pretty quickly with a few of them on me). I really don't see
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Testing on the League Hall targets is kinda useless on Test right now. Being CR124 and hitting a Level 1 Sparring Target causes me to hit it with 11k+ Crits with a simple Phantom Slash Mastery (Dual Wield ranged tap). A single enhanced PDart is hitting for 250k+ and the Burning DoT of Napalm Grenade ranges from 1k to 2k damage per tick. There might be some adjustments needed lol
    • Like x 2
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Fox when did you test this? With the new extension I think your news might be alittle old- now it should be easier with a higher cr
  11. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

One problem I found is with the crystal! The damage it is not adapting to CR! And remains the same indifferent who is the enemy ...
  12. Spacewind New Player

Have you tried it youreself?
    It is easier now, but not as easy as on live server and as it's described in the the beggining of the post. I've tested it right when changes were implemented, you can't solo FoS3 (at least that easy) being 124cr as you can being 113cr on live server. The rule of being able to solo multiplayer content at 2 full Tiers and above is not really working. CC bounties are the same difficulty on 124cr as they are on 113 on live server. Damage-out is huge also damage-in is huge too. It still needs tweaking... If it's going to stay as it is now then it's not what they promise us in this thread.
    P.S.: I test using highest vendor gear available, wich is 108 now. CR 124.
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I just tested wearing item level 46 gear on a CR 120 character, and I do as much damage to CR 56 enemies as if I was still wearing the CR 120 gear. This needs to be fixed. We need to have an option to go into lower content and help players without it being a landslide. Right now, there is no option whereas on the live server, I can choose to put appropriate gear on to run the lower content if I choose to have a challenge or if I choose to help players learn their roles.

I enjoy going back into lower content wearing lower gear. I have a lot of fun playing that way. If I cannot do that and have it simulate the instance as it was intended to be run originally, then I may lose interest in playing. That is something I do at least a few times a week to provide myself with more content I can run for fun. And no, I do not want to get on an alt to do so; I play that way on my main so I can also obtain the styles I am missing from lower content without ruining the experience for other players.
    • Like x 6
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

I second that! As a player who loves putting on Tier 1 or Tier 2 armor to run raids for nostalgia reasons the new system kills that feeling entirely :(
    • Like x 1
  15. generalzod Committed Player

So i watch Trex light video on the update to the test server . And man is this getting all confusing lol ! So he says that when 2 tiers higher can solo the content ! ok that's what the DEVS are saying ! the confusing part is he saying that if your 2 tiers higher and your helping your low cr buddy the raid wont be easy ! So is he saying that if you walk in there alone without lobies it will be actually easier ? because all the Cr stat flattening and fluctuation ? some might get this100% but im sure there alot that are unsure how it all really works .

update :
    Also he mention you get stat buff if we were say a cr 60 fighting npc 80 u feel like your a cr 80 . so in the new tier 7 starting at cr 111 -115 will we get that same buff when we fighting the new npc cr 120 ?

16. Remander Steadfast Player

If you look at my post a couple pages back, I tested the Captain Cold bounty at CR 32 to 124. There was a very clear difference. Now, a full raid may behave otherwise.

As to the behavior with different CR toons against the same NPC at the same time, I was interested to see that myself. I would assume the damage out and in is scaled on your toon. If not, it could get very messy.
  17. L T Devoted Player

I would suggest that gear should matter more and CR should matter less than it does on test right now. Gear progression can still be linear, just make the line steeper.

As it stands, CR is everything and gear barely matters. I think Remander could solo captain cold at cr100 even if he took off all his gear and did it as a fire tank.
  18. generalzod Committed Player

well i appreciate your hard work and trying to break it all down ! And i understand a little more , guess only confusion is if there a lower cr in that raid and your 2 tiers down , because they are there dose the raid actually become harder ! then if u were to walk in alone ? asking because some of the things Trex was saying . has anyone research this

Also this may not be a bad thing ! people still get there way they could solo raids ,alerts by them self but if you trying to carry a lower lever it gets much harder ? make the experiences much better for that lower lever
  19. Sorkvir New Player

As far as the seeming discrepancy regarding folks being able to solo Raven bounty vs FoS3 content with these new changes, I've got an idea as to why:

The calculator takes into account the number of players the content is supposed to be a challenge for, 1, 2, 4, or 8, in addition to the CR differential when it's calculating your hits vs their hits, etc. Another thing it's probably taking into account (although this I don't know why), is open world content vs raid / alert, "instance" content.

Consequently FoS3 mobs are being more difficult at CR 124 on test, vs CR 113 on live because it IS an 8-player raid, designed to be a challenge for 8 players, and the calculator is taking that into account in addition to your raw CR / stat growth as it is now on Live.

That would also explain why 4-man alerts, bounties are easier than doing a "Raid" too.
    • Like x 1
  20. generalzod Committed Player

Yes they need to come with option of some sort to try and make everyone happy walk in portals , different Q up ! But i don't think us hi levels understand that longevity wise the newbies have to learn how to play the game without being carried ! but its not our fault there not more option so we wind up with them ! the game is being destroyed by all the 113 114 cr ppl with 40 to 70 skill points !
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.