Work In Progress What's Next For DCUO: New Plans For Future Episodes.

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krypton Dedicated Player

I almost read that as you broke water. Would it be our first DCUO birth. :)
    • Like x 3
  2. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I read it that way too, lol ! but since I'm not native English speaker I didn't know if that was the phrase for that in English too. In Spanish, it's romper aguas which is literally "break water" :p
  3. RealGODofWar New Player

I thought Dusty already gave birth to a ray of sunshine a couple years ago? Maybe I'm confused. I think it's her second.
  4. Krypton Dedicated Player

Way cool. you speak another language. it is always cool to know who speaks what, so we know why they might not be exactly right.
    • Like x 1
  5. Valsmurf Loyal Player

yeah it's happened to me several times:oops: , MrsTicklefate is always there to correct me though ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Radium Devoted Player

Well... We do have a livestream tomorrow :D
    • Like x 5
  7. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Yea I'm betting it all hits Test tomorrow :eek:
    • Like x 1
  8. true New Player

Mepps

Will we be able to pay our base rent early?
    Like half a day early if we have less than a day left on our 60 days?

Hate running a raid when I know my mods are going run out at any time, much rather just buy before I go in.

PS
    Will base batteries also last 60 days?
    • Like x 3
  9. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Man all your posts just ASSUME someone is going to be able to run all that crap in one day. People have lives and that stuff takes time.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well there was a 500MB download earlier this evening when I launched Test. :D
    • Like x 4
  11. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

this sounds very bad to me
    • Like x 1
  13. Radium Devoted Player

Its more like telling people "This is the most you can get in a month, this is what you need to buy in a month, this is what you have to work with after."

So you CAN earn 700+ marks in a month, but you don't actually need to as you'll probably only spend 250 marks in a month. The other marks can go towards rare styles and whatnot.
    • Like x 3
  14. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

so if my main frame is about to run out and i just bought that new pice of gear. ill have to use replay badges to unlock content thats my cr lvl instead of running lower stuff to pay my rent ?
  15. chipzes Committed Player

I see, no answer on the old gear issue so I guess that is set. Removal of mods for CR progression too to bring back unmodded skippers to endgame.

Content distribution also looks strange to me. It's kinda nice to see 4 Raids per relevance cycle but only 2 Alerts? I enjoys Duos but roles don't matter there so I enjoy Alerts more. I enjoy Raids but... I'm on EUPC. Raids usually mean pugging and long search times. So the type of instance that is easy to fill up and do daily is limited to 2.
    I think the Duo in the third DLC per cycle should be replace by an Alert. 3 Duos and 3 Alerts sounds better to me than 4 Duos 2 Alerts. Even better if one of the Raids would be switched for an Alert too. 2 Solos, 3 Duos, 4 Alerts, 3 Raids. Yeah, that would be great...
  16. metalfenix Committed Player

Actually, I'm planning something for the Tier 4, wich doesn't seem to have a lot of content, compared to the other tiers. I'll keep my current CR 66 troll gear that allows me to do T3, wich is a mix from T2/T3 gear. I'll get the rest of T3 gear, and when I get the full T3 set, and I'll be supposedly ready for T4 (CR 70, wich I'm not too far), I'll just change to my CR 66 gear and lower my CR. Get the marks with T3 content I know of, and later try for the marks on T4 content by just putting the rest of the gear so I can get my CR over 70.
  17. Radium Devoted Player

I would throw my money in the pot with you lol
  18. Isa Othala New Player

Not a single word of the OP is good news. All i basically got out of it was "Buy membership or eff off" This nonsense you devs are spouting about "Choice" shows you have no idea about the concept of "Choice" It's an illusion, people only think they want more choices, but in reality they don't. For example, there was an experiment where the researchers compared people's desires for choice between 2 ice cream stores. One sold a variety of flavor and the other sold three. Initially people chose the store with more choices, then they got inside and their interest dropped. Whereas interest went up at the store with less flavors. This is the same reason why restraunts with beefy menus are frustrating.

With this change, premium members are now being strong armed into either being a member or spending even more money for content than we were previously before the DLC -> Episode nonsense update. No we don't want to choose content, we want the large sum for the $9.99 that included missions, legends, powers, and weapons. This new system is just an obvious attempt to make being Legendary worth it and in the process, a huge money-grab.

MOVING ON

If I understand this update correctly; MoV will only be awarded for content in your tier range, which means doing tiers outside that range is pointless unless you need styles or feats. Which basically means: 1) Lower player pool for old content 2) People playing certain content will be roughly the same CR range (The intended purpose I presume) 3) When people are loot locked for their content, they are screwed unless they buy replay badges. Sure they can do the same duo and alert once a day....but that kills all interest in staying logged in. Currently I q for everything and cannot possibly finish all the content in a single day. That keeps me online and wanting to invest in the game. Now after I finish the content you are limiting us to....what's the point? Not even going to expand on the irony of how you want us to have more choices, but in the same breath take away a good chunk of our choices. Guess it only looks good when you're making money.

Marks of Valor conversion
    Why? Why does this exist? Sure, it would be nice if everything only used one currency (2 counting money), however people who are already at max limit of fury and triumph are going to be screwed out of their hard work. This also brings up the issue of 100 mark cap. The reason Mepps gave was so people could buy what they want, but not bank enough to buy everything at once. This combined with the new limitations of content is nothing more than an artificial way of extending the treadmill. If people are able to bank enough, then let them. What harm is there honestly. Oh right, no incentive to buy replay badges from the marketplace.

Now I want to end this post by saying I enjoy this game ~ a lot ~, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered typing this all up. I just want the dev team to know my concerns as well as the other consumers who are not wanting to post (after all, they say if you have a question, at least 3 other people in a room have the same one) with the greedy direction the company is looking like it is going. I was going to buy the 12 month sub in a month, but now I'm not even sure I want to support Daybreak games at all.
    • Like x 8
  19. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

The issue is once you hit 70 you have 0 to do.

solo content that drops gear once every 5 days if you're geared enough to do the inside missions.
    bounties that no one does because of their abysmal drop rates.
    2 Alerts, 1 being peoples least favorite bat cave mission,, the other being rarely queued for on either side
    Gates that people ran religiously for a long gap.
    Prime which is pretty unforgiving for a random group that queued in to actually tackle
    The hand of fate ops, which once again people lost incentive to run do to the styles being in the rare style vendor.
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

The bounties are actually guaranteed to drop gear now. You don't get to choose the piece, but you do get one.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.