Downtime Server Downtime - April 8, 2015 - PS3 Member Grant

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

Completely correct.
  2. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

I assume that the market place errors I am receiving is a result of an earlier post stating that the user was told by mepps that ALL members would receive the 500 LP. If so I am greatly surprised but also greatly relieved. I love this game but in 4 years, 3 accounts, and over 30 toons I have felt incredibly neglected and mistreated by the staff (namely the marketing dept.). I hope this is a new dawn and that us occasional Legendary, always Premium members are finally going to get the respect for our loyalty to DCUO also.
    • Like x 1
  3. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Read your own posts, your adding up if a premium bought all dlc's it would be $120 whether that's within a year or over 4 years that's still only $120, now a legendary whether they are new or not is paying the same or more within just 1 year, you would have to as premium bought all 12 dlc's within 1 year to even compare but no where did you mention buying all of them within 1 year you said when they dropped so that is over 4 years, a legendary over 4 years has paid at discounted price $480 and no discounted price $720. Your wrong.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Premium is not a membership level. When we say member, when mean a subscriber.
    • Like x 7
  5. iThaWiz New Player

I mean honestly PS3 has struggled way more than PS4, and for people to ask "why do they still play the game?" Or, "why try and find a raid group?" You are completely ignoring the fact that that most of DCUO's community is still on the PS3 and if this is the only game that they play and put there money towards than why do they need a PS4..... I'm on PS4, but you people that are trying to argue about why PS4 doesn't get any LP you're just complaining to complain on the forums. DCUO is obviously better on the PS4 but if the game hasn't been taken off of the PS3 server then it's obvious that the majority of people that still play DCUO are on the PS3 and dealing with this struggle that us PS4 players don't have to deal with.... So take your complaining somewhere else, because you are just making yourself look even more pathetic..
    • Like x 1
  6. xXS0EXx Committed Player

so what ur saying is that premium doesn't matter? It doesn't matter that we play ur game as well with the same issues? It doesn't matter that we buy ur content to play ur game? It doesn't matter that some of us premiun players buy replays almost every month or anything on the marketplace?... We don't matter? Is that it?
    • Like x 2
  7. Abisial Committed Player

Not that I have any problem with "Premiums", but think of it like Legendary members are getting compensation for losing about a week of DLC Time. While you have DLCs you don't necessarily lose any time because your access will be there indefinitely.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiime_Lapse Well-Known Player

That's exactly what he's saying.... And its exactly how the devs and community has treated us all along. I think its time to stop giving them money and find a dif mmo that our money we spend is actually appreciated. I feal your pain man. These devs dnt care bout premiums what so ever. They mines well jus get rid of the premium option all together and force every1 to stay free or go legendary cause apparently premiums mean nothing.
    • Like x 2
  9. Rewhx Well-Known Player

#PerksOfBeingLegendary
  10. ShadowNova72 Level 30

Well to ruin your arguement i have heard from mepps and it is all who plays on Ps 3 is getting LP i am prium and going to get some so prium is considered a member.
  11. Abisial Committed Player

You don't get compensation because you literally lost nothing. Your DLCs will be there always, while legendary membership expires, so they actually lost time they will have access. (This isn't meant to be taken in a hostile tone)
    • Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

actually in the post you quoted, he mentioned paying $15 every month for legendary (month to month subbing)

$15 x 10 = 150
    $15 x 12 = 180

so he would actually spend more then a premium who bought DLC upon release every time 1 was released.

BUT the smartest way to buy legendary is doing a full year which is $120, which is equal to buying 12 DLC's.
  13. Rewhx Well-Known Player

It's funny how something similar like this happens and premium players get in their feelings every time :rolleyes:.

While you buy the DLC fully, legendary have to buy it monthly. We lost DLC time, while you guys just lost regular time.
    • Like x 2
  14. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

But you didn't say subscriber! We aren't mind readers. We have no clue what you are thinking or what you claim to mean... Only what you actually say and you said "members". You did not say subscriber or all access members. Please point to the part of the ToS that will support what you say. If it isn't in the ToS then it just isn't as far as DCUO is concerned! If you people violate your own ToS then the ToS is null and void in the eyes of the law, including the provision that forces us into arbitration instead of a legitimate United States Court.

Sounds to me as though you are trying to weasel out of a mess you made for yourself.
    • Like x 1
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Important part about membership in yellow and underlined ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Rewhx Well-Known Player

Every time he mentions "members" it's always legendary.....It's always been like this
    • Like x 2
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Nice to see that you don't even believe Mepps about the definition of membership :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Pr0tojay Committed Player

No, thats where youre wrong. You were not Legendary at anytime during the days of freezing, so you were not losing money, just losing time. It doesnt matter if you were legendary 2 yrs or 2 months ago, you received your 30 days of legendary when u had it. Paying members during the freezing DID NOT receive their 30 days of legendary, so they lost out on their money. Its a pretty simple concept to understand.
    • Like x 1
  19. BrimstoneFireReaper New Player

A synonym is not a definition! It is a synonym.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

idk about you but not every legendary member buys month to month. I buy by the year ;)

perhaps thats many peoples problems and why they demand something from this?

yea you bet I'd like 500 SC/MC b/c last time we got anything we got a crappy 50 replays not even enough to reset 1 damn raid.

at least 500 MC would go towards something in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.