Why people quit the game before lvl30 or 70CR?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Apr 5, 2015.

1. RealGODofWar New Player

can you please just stop replying to me specifically if that is all you are gonna say. You are just repeating the same hidebound argument. Explaining the situation and lack of options doesn't reinforce your point nor does it take away from my point. WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION IS. What we are discussing is how the situation negatively affects the population of the game. If you can't counter that argument, then admit defeat. Stop posting what we already know and start making actual counter arguments.

My statement: The cash cap negatively affects the population of the game
    You statement should either agree or disagree with that statement. Otherwise what are we even talking about?
  2. Van_Gho Committed Player

Pay an extra 80 dollars a year for what? removal of the cash cap? thats nuts

If thats the only thing that keeps folks legendary, i think legendary as a whole needs to be looked at
    • Like x 3
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes the whole F2P part couold be considered a Demo. Wich goes up to T4 as my post was mentuioning.

The Gorrilla Grood example was compared to the Dragon's Dogma Demo.
    By the time you have defeated Grodd..... you essentilly played as much as the Dragon's Dogma Demo.
    Was that to obscure for you???

But yes.... after Gorilla Grodd.... you can keep on playing up to T4 and until the end of time if you wish to repeat the same missions over and over again.

But still you fail to answer.....

How long do you need to play the DCUO "demo" before you can decide to "buy" it???
    No the Devs do not have a limited time period to "force someone to subscribe".

But if someone did not subscribe to DCUO after 3 years...... odds are they will never subscribe.

How long should people have before they make up their mind??? eternity???

Wel they can play the DCUO demo for all eternity if they want. Is that long enough for you??

And what about the DLC???

If you buy the DLC..... you get access to the DLC.

If you want to get acccess to the DLC and UNLIMITED cash.... subscribe.

It is nit rocket surgery. :rolleyes:
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Ehh I dunno. I don't think the online elements are the problem. The overall game just isn't that good. As a fan boy of DCUO, I can enjoy pretty much everything they put out, but trying to sell it to someone who hasn't played before or who has a bitter after taste from the 1-30 process or alerts like Area 51? It's a really hard sell.

The game doesn't know what it wants to be. It never has. It's been everything from a "rich kids" title that 18-34 year old men "would be happy to pay a monthly subscription to play" because of it's Triple A presentation, to a casual free to play title. It isn't casual enough to maintain that huge audience it attracts yet it's too casual to attract hardcore MMO players who dedicate their lives to playing MMO games (the likes you see in WOW).
    • Like x 4
  5. RealGODofWar New Player

DCUO in a nutshell
    • Like x 4
  6. kav Committed Player

Let's say that DCUO isn't too bad when it comes to people quitting. Hands on—how many MMO's have you tried and insta-quitted / deinstalled quickly? I for one tried a lot of those. A lot of MMO's, like DCUO are kinda misrepresenting of what they really offer, in a non-bad way.

If I'd be in control of this game I'd suggest following to be done:
    • Scratch the Level 1-30 completely out of the game
      • And yes, I'm serious. There's no point going through it. You don't learn anything crucial of what you are expected to do or how to do it. I would alter the mission on the ship with a part of combat mechanics, the support role mechanics and what is expected of one. No "Y0, you da dP$ n0w y0, s0l0 everything y0.", no. Rather be realistic that failure is expected to get better. After the ship I'd teleport the new ones into a tutorial room with stations to play videos. R&D, Solo/Duo/Alert/Raids, Current State of the Game (Weapon Mastery, AM, ...) and so on
    • Remove the Symbol's of Adrakadrahullubullu and keep the two latest DLC's inherit of the current mark system
      • Let's be real. Leveling up, for someone who is new, takes too long to enjoy the latest content. And that's a huge issue in the MMO scene, not only for DCUO. People see those awesome raid videos or PvP fights, etc. for the fancy MMO, then they join up and what do they get? Nothing of this. No awesomeness for you, better pay up and grind until you cry. Not saying grinding is not expected but for someone who has not 20 hours to spare a day and wants to keep the pace realistic cannot get there fast in a timely manner.
    There's another thing I don't understand. The DCUO dev's are lacking in the Marketing area. An example is how the Marketplace is being treated. I enjoy some of the stuff but damn it guys, you could do so much more revenue. Hairstyles, Auras, Movement modes, different stances/body meshes. Or á la Steam Midweek Madness sales for one item or double XP / mark weekend.

Concluding to say: I like the game but the potential is, in my opinion, wasted on the wrong ends.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It only affects the game negatively if your plan is to play for FREE forever.

If all you plan to do is try the game.... the cash cap does NOT mater.

If people are leaving the game because they wanted to play for free forever...... why does that mater????
  8. chipzes Committed Player

One thing many people very much unerestimate imo is the horrible UI. It is one buggy piece of crap, very inconsistent, uncomfortable to operate and confusing as hell at times. Doesn't help that each new update introduces a bunch of new UI bugs to join the masses we already have. Everything about it is the complete opposite of "smooth" or "intuitive".
    If I were to start this game as a new player, chances are I would drop it faster than the Flash if I wasn't a DC fanboy simply for this massive abomination of a UI.

But of course the new UI doesn't bring in money (or does it?) so it got "put on hold" so they can release this game on yet another new platform with this great old UI.
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There are more then that to be Legendary....... but here we were talking about the EVIL cash cap and how it drives players away.

Was not relevant to mention all you get for your sub.

Although many threads in the past have mentioned how Legendary as a whole needs to be looked at..... but that usually does not end well when that happens.

And the Devs have been adding perks as the years passed.
    The Latest perk added was the All Access one I think??
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Damn you..... now the Devs will release a Brand New UI............... that you can purchase for 1000 SC/MC. ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes I am positive that the current UI pushes players away constantly. Especially when it takes you 2-3 mins trying to que for something without trying to avoid to reset the content.
    • Like x 3
  12. RealGODofWar New Player

Them putting the UI on hold was one of the single worst developments I've ever seen regarding this game. Never thought I'd say this but HOPEFULLY it's on hold because the dude in charge of it was laid-off. As opposed to it being put on hold because of money issues. I know it sounds like a horrible thing to say but, one scenario is much worse than the other.
    That UI would have helped this game in immeasurable ways. If they choose money over player life improvement, I'd seriously question if this game is heading in the right direction
  13. Azrael New Player

I agree the time of quality Dcuo is producing lately compared to other games is not worth the 15 or 10 per month. I would say maybe 5 bucks or free. I think Dcuo is great game for free only.... Hence why majority don't spend a dime on the game....
    • Like x 1
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Exactly why June is the determining factor for me. If things arent going my way for June with DCUO I will take another 6 month break from the game and put that legendary money elsewhere. You would think that they would improve the new UI with a new console launch like FFXIV did, but nope they do the opposite and put its production on hold.

I hope this console launch puts some serious cash into this game. But IMO it will be a spark like the booster bundle and then fall off. Especially since Xbox 1 already has 2 MMO's with a 3rd one launching in June.
  15. NaumNML New Player

I can say with almost 99.9% certainty the layoffs played a factor. Even if they didn't lose the lead designer, the loss of manpower means priorities had to change. Most of the recent changes, policies, UI on hold etc. were due to the layoffs. I'm just hoping they can make enough money to get through this rough patch and eventually gen the revenue needed to bring on more people.
    • Like x 2
  16. Sbel Devoted Player

Citation needed.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I think you bring up some good points. On PC particularly I don't think the game offers enough to do, especially when compared to other PC MMOs. The game past level 30 is one of the most repetitive that I've played, in that you don't have a solid crafting/treasure hunting/other side game system which takes up a lot of time. I think the rapid leveling is also not doing the game any favours. I think a slower leveling system (with more things to do at each level) so that people become more invested in a character would have been a better route to go, but it is what it is I suppose. Finally I think they need to look at Fire. There are more Fire characters created than any other power set, yet only a tiny percentage makes it to level 30 (and even less make it to the top tiers). What is it about Fire that attracts all these people and apparently doesn't keep their attention?
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

The idea is there but not really. Survival mode is the only thing that sparks my interest now. Considering the bad loot from AF2, Glitches, Power imbalance, etc.

Not to mention excessive downtime more than any other MMO out there right now. If you look at DCUO, it has the most unexpected downtime, and planned downtime of any MMO out there. It is also the #1 MMO that tells its subscribers 2 days or less when its going to update the game, take down the server, etc. Sometimes less than 12 hour notice.

Not too many paying customers would put up with that.

We can look at all the bad technical stuff. But this thread is mainly about why players quit due to content reasons, not UI, payment and technical reasons, even though those reasons are clear.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trial 1 New Player

disregard.

replied to wrong person.

cheers
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

My personal opinion is that launching on the Xbox One is a bad move.

It has a smaller audience than Playstation for a start and the entire console is touted and targeted for the complete casual gamer. The sort of player who spends most of their nights out in clubs/pubs with friends and on the nights they can't, they're chilling on Fifa or Call of Duty. It's the wrong audience for an MMO like this one.

Plus, factor in that this title is "new" to the XBox franchise, yet it's using a primitive engine, with average graphics (compared to what is achievable now) and is going up against not only the Triple A titles but better looking MMO games, too. With more on the horizon.

On top of that, all the problems that have been discussed in this thread alone will still exist the XBox version, where the end game doesn't resemble the "free" portion of the game. Plus it will sit behind the inevitable XBox Live Gold Membership pay wall, too, I imagine, which alienates the potential population further.

One final thing to consider... the game will launch with 13 or more DLC packs right from the start. Which instantly sours people from trying out games, knowing so much sits behind a pay wall. Also, taking into consideration the fact that ALL DLCs will have nobody eligible to play them, those who do burn through the end game are going to be very lonely at the top.

DCUO should sit this one out, in my opinion. I can't see it doing well. Not well enough to justify it's own servers and dedicated development. Planetside 2 and H1Z1 are the only DBG titles I can see working on the XBox One, especially PS2, because of it's casual appeal and the fact it's on the "home" of First Person Shooters (so to speak).
    • Like x 2