PS3 constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jad-Ell, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Jad-Ell New Player

Since gu46 my game had froze so many times I have lost count, the game has become unplayable.

Anyone else having this issue?
    • Like x 1
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Yes, and it's the client team's top priority.
    • Like x 1
  3. Phantom Corsair Active Player

Yeah its been 2 days for me i cant really do much i even freeze when im scrolling thru my inventory...
    • Like x 1
  4. Laz523 Well-Known Player

froze up 5 times in AnB, then 4 more times in port of paradise duo. think ill wait for the fix before playing anymore this weekend
  5. Franchise New Player

Should of invested in a ps4 a long time ago. Time to make that step
    • Like x 2
  6. Darkest Law New Player

Gee... I wonder why. :rolleyes:
  7. JSnaples Committed Player

Ps3 is not the problem it is after the update it crashes now. I have been playing on ps3 for 3 years and haven't had problems in a long time
    • Like x 3
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

Ps3 constantly crashing, is that supposed to be NEWS? o_O
  9. Xzotix Committed Player

Currently unplayable on PS3. Random Crashes for doing nothing. Cannot even farm exobits.
  10. Xzotix Committed Player

YES!!! It wasn't crashing like this before the last update.
    • Like x 2
  11. Xzotix Committed Player

Me too!!! Could play days weeks without a crash.
    It has gotten progressively worse.
    • Like x 1
  12. just an honest dps New Player

ps3 is not the issue. it's the update.
    • Like x 1
  13. Xzotix Committed Player

Absolutely!!!
  14. Xzotix Committed Player

I agree. It wasn't happening before the update.
  15. Laz523 Well-Known Player

before this update I never crashed, or lagged in any shape, form or fashion. since this update it's crashing left and right and before you say it's the ps3 problem, no it isn't.
    • Like x 2
  16. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Normally I'm defending the Devs. But something that certain people can't understand is that if the PS3 is Freezing is because the Developers overlook something in the Code.

For all those PS4 users that can't come up with a better argument than "Get a PS4" or "PS3 is too old, you should move on and the PS3 support should be dropped". Let me ask you. Have you realize that the PS3 is a better piece of hardware than the Requirements to play this game on a PC?

Ok, let me put it very simple so you can understand it and not get too technical or your brain will freeze too. In the scale of 1 to 10, the game requires a 4 to be able to be playable, a 7 to be played flawlessly and 10 is an Overkill. A PS3 is like a 5, most PC gamers got a 6 or 7 as a PC to play the game and a PS4 is a 7. If the game is not running well in a 5, then there's something really wrong with the code because it should work in a 4.

Now a very basic technical analysis. First, Do you know what the Unreal Engine is? If not, go to http://www.unrealengine.com and then come back to have an intelligent conversation. Second, Do you know that DCUO was coded on top of the version 3 of the Unreal Engine? If not, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games and don't forget your way back to continue the conversation. Third, Do you know that the Unreal Engine version 3 was released in the year 2004 and doesn't require much of a hardware? If not, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Engine#Unreal_Engine_3 and now we can start having an argument.

DCUO was developed in the Unreal Engine 3 that was released in the year 2004 when Windows XP was the Microsoft Operating System and Windows Vista wasn't even released (Vista was released in the Year 2007). The PlayStation 3 was released in November 11, 2006.

Are you still catching up? Because the "Get a PS4" and the "PS3 is too old, you should move on and the PS3 support should be dropped" arguments are falling short after that. When DCUO Development start using the Unreal Engine 4 (currently is 4.7), then we can start having a talk about dropping the PS3 support. Meanwhile:
    [IMG]

/Rant over

My 2 cents.
    • Like x 17
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Bad news all. It'll take an estimate of 7 days to fix.:mad:
  18. AvatarOfStealth Well-Known Player

Awesome post BlackDragon and agreed DarkenedByLight, i estimate it wont be fixed until next friday the earliest. Our week is pretty much done DC wise beyond short style runs etc.
    • Like x 2
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its the update, not the PS3. I dont think people will get reimbursed for their days lost since they technically cant play the game.
    • Like x 2
  20. sillhouette Well-Known Player

No reason it can't be both.... it seems to be an update problem specific to the PS3. Fixes have been implemented, so now we wait for the new PS3 client to be pushed through PSN.