Downtime Server Downtime - March 25, 2015 - Game Update 46!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy New Player

2. 5parcks Active Player

Ectolantern, thank you for the great laugh! :D
  3. Red Robin12345 New Player

theres 5 more min?
  4. Zephyrzaivian Active Player

That's a lot less time than I expected. You guys are amazing.
  5. EctoLantern Active Player

My pleasure. Nothing like a good llama chase...
    • Like x 1
  6. Xero New Player

Of everything of this update, I personally don't agree with buffing rage powers. As for the current downtime, this is why back-ups are needed. Other than that, I can wait because I can play something else until the world comes back up for PC
  7. Kitimochi New Player

I do feel sorry for who ever is working on the servers, I do that for a living and it is painful at times, but if I were to allow services to be down as long as this has been down I would be seeking new job rather soon after the equipment was up. Virtual servers do not take long to bring up if you have enough hardware in your racks. Sounds like some one is running a bit short on the hardware side.
    Granted my job is not in the Game industry and more along the lines of a Tier 1 service provide , still everything we have runs on virtual servers with the exception of a few things.
  8. Morcra Committed Player

LOL WTH WAS THAT
    • Like x 1
  9. DJtanner New Player

all we need now is a maury meme...
  10. Morcra Committed Player

i like u
    • Like x 1
  11. TAVelcro New Player

With the eternal rage arising from the forums, the remaining 4 were running out of time and fast. There may not even be a player base by the time they could get all the information copied over. To think, floppy drives use to be the hot new thing and here is it now, thousands of useless pieces of plastic littered all over the work space for the crew to sift through in hopes to get USPC back online. Jerone pitched an idea to post on the Game Server Status page that the server be back online in hopes to take some of the attention away from the forums and the group all agreed, though a suicide plan, it may work to buy them some time. Without a moments delay, the website reflected that the USPC servers were back up and for an added kick, listing low population.

The plan worked! For just a minor distraction, thousands of people fled from the forums to verify this information by attempting to launch the game. Things were beginning to look up for the adventurers and would have stayed that way if not for the shady and treacherous habits of the HR assistant, Connie who came up with an idea to shower the forums with kitty cat videos to make the angry mobs happy. The idea was shot down by Jerone's plan and Connie was out for blood. She secretly signed the server status update in Jerone's name and even put his location for all to see who was responsible for such a lie. Her diabolical scheme worked quite well for among the unruly mob was Reverse-Flash who saw the signature and location and in nearly a split second showed up and ran off with Jerone who was never heard from again.
    • Like x 2
  12. Anomaly New Player

its funny and sad to see ppl still here waiting lol. its just a game, its not going anywhere. Play tomorrow :p
  13. GMS88 New Player

up but world still not accessible,

guess they wanna get the kinks out
  14. dropzak1984 New Player

serv is up but cant login
  15. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Why do you hate USPC server :(
  16. SirMuttonChops New Player

Time to put on my hack-attack sweater and remember those early 45 days, back when replays weren't a thing and you could only do raids once a week for rewards, so missing every day of content meant something (instead of complaining that you're not going to be on today and you're going to have to spend replays to catch up in 24 hours).

I'm still working to get back those Marks of Krypton, guys.
    • Like x 1
  17. GMS88 New Player

Mepps said 2-3 MORE hours :|

this was my last night of being able to play DCUO this week,
    stocked up on SC to buy the booster bundles...

all for naught lol
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

My ps3 crashed for the second time while playing in an alert and i saw more than 3, 4 players get disconnected in that same instance.
    • Like x 1
  19. KillTheSilence New Player

Lol
  20. KillTheSilence New Player

Not like I'm buying any bundles. I just want to get Legends PvE feats out of the way. I hope the server will be up soon.
    • Like x 1
  21. Michael Brown New Player

Omg when is the server coming up?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.