Work In Progress Vote Kick Update

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

For the PSN, they could just add the PSN-IDs to the ignore lists as the PSN-IDs are displayed in the "inspect" screen anyway. For the PC, they should not - by no means! - add the account instead of the characters as the account name is 50% of the login on PC. When CoH had the account-wide ignore feature - yes, it is a well working approach and other games used that long ago - they had the users assign a global chat handle to themselves that was not allowed to be the same as the account name was to handle. Also, that global handles were allowed to be used with friend-lists - not that they just had mutual friend lists in CoH.

It's for sure a detail that needs work, as any way of exposing alts should be avoided.
    • Like x 1
  2. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

If you go to settings and check the "Ignore Instance Invitations", " Ignore Group Invites ", " Ignore Duel Invitations " and set a Chat channel to view combat in/out only, and turn off the voice chat, you'll have the best "Do not disturb" ever.

My 2 cents.
    • Like x 1
  3. Oxeeclean New Player

Just found out tonight vote kick wa back by getting randomly kicked again. The raid I was with just stopped moving and next thing I knew I was out of the instance. I won't complain considering they wiped a few times on some adds (well one add, Bowmaster. Which is sad because it's like Subcontruct with the Scorpion, you get away from the group when the red arrow is over your head...). But needless to say, I wasn't the top DPS nor the bottom but I got the boot and no, I wasn't mouthing off. In fact, I wasn't typing anything (as I don't have a mic and the in game keyboard is not my cup of tea). So I'm glad to see the abuse is back in effective with a community (USPS) that is "good ole boy" based and not strategic.
    Okay enough with the vent. I've only read what Spytle has said.
    1. I'm looking forward to the new ignore features, it's much needed. When I first started playing this game, I honestly thought that's what was going to happen (you don't see ignored people anymore, yeah... disappointing). What's up with the 1000 player limit? Why is there a limit?
    ***2. I think it would be nice to see when you're being kicked off the island and by who instead of a surprise random loading screen. It might give you an opportunity to ask why. Also it seems cowardly to hide it.*** When I do plan on kicking someone, I've let them know who and why. I'm also going to tell them what they can do to avoid having a vote started. My experience is usually blindsided kicks unless I've been denied excusal 3 times 'cause I'm not moving from the beginning (having made it obvious I have no desire to continue the experience that group is putting me through).
    3. Thank you for getting rid of the deserter penalty. It was like being punished twice when it was around. You get stuck in a crappy group that won't excuse you or kick you. ^They intentionally force you to quit and take the penalty (another form of abuse) and believe me, I've seen it typed out in instance chat that, that's what the "leader's" intention was. Which is really sad, as people of such poor character RUIN this GREAT game.
    4. I still think the lack of kicking was better (especially after my usual random kicked experience tonight) but either way it's here. Glad to see the excusal is back, it's a nice heads up instead of what I like to do (after a couple of wipes, I leave. To me it's obvious why someone would leave after numerous wipes but I guess some people could be surprised/confused or like what I described in paragraph 3^). I usually DPS in raids and we all know DPS are a penny a dozen in this game.
    I'll end on this. I'm glad to see that content completion was better with the lack of kicking. Seems there are a lot of good players that are NOT given a chance when a someone thinks they should be the "best" player in a raid.
    • Like x 1
  4. Oxeeclean New Player

LOL, that's exactly how I play. It's very peaceful and no random duel invites when I'm buying soders or items for R&D.
  5. godonfire Active Player

And for those people saying that they have a lot of players on ignore in ignored list because of them cursing or insulting others or being racist in trade chat.. I might have a really good idea to fix this problem. why not take off trade chat and some how make another chat system for the broker. For example if I go to the broker and add a aggressive exobytes for 60k the new chat broker system will send that i put an aggressive exobyte for 60k to everyone online at that moment and the chat can be called broker chat. This is going to prevent people from randomly typing in the chat. I know trade chat is not only for the broker but a lot of us be using it to be enable to sell items and get buyers fast. Now maybe a trade option can be added to the broker allowing players to trade items on the broker and maybe using the same broker chat system to let everyone know that u want to trade that item for another item or a cash price idk if this is possible but like I said is just an idea......
  6. Buckley Loyal Player

1. There is no rule that states that you must finish the content before you get the investigations and such
    2. After the first boss, how often do you stop for 5 seconds to point out the 2 investigations at that area?

Its not that hard, most instances are of such a nature that once an area is clear you can get the investigations and briefings before moving to the next section. Instead of helping the other player you would rather kick him!? That players is not preventing you from completing the instance, you on the other hand want to prevent him from progressing by excluding him from the instance. This is why the new ignore feature will be the best feature when it comes to fixing the community. That way new players won't have to deal with uncooperative players for long.
    • Like x 1
  7. Seth Grey New Player

Just up until Amazon Fury 2 I used to be a daily player, I would be on the forums daily but thanks to that early members access (AF part 1 is the only DLC I haven't purchased) I fell behind a week or two and guess what? I get kicked repeatedly by my peers with higher CR DESPITE being the best or the second best DPS in the group.

Thanks to this elitism I have stopped playing the DLC content completely and the only content I've been playing is the seasonal event. I love this game and I have never thought about quitting but even without making a conscious decision I have pretty much stopped playing this game thanks to the wonderful 'supportive' community who like to kick players based on their CR and not their performance.

So this thing you guys are working on, I wish you luck. I hope it improves the experience for some guys like me, I really love this game and I want to keep playing this game but if we keep getting kicked out of instances even after doing everything right I don't think many of us will stick around.
    • Like x 2
  8. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Today seemed like the day where everyone wanted to play dps even if they qued as a tank or a healer. I do have it set so I get one of each role. One group a healer decided he wanted to dps. He suggested it would be faster. However, the new operations specifically the nexus require a healer. People just left that group. The next group the tank decided he didn't want to tank. In this group we kicked the tank. We got a new one that did his job well. However, the dps decided to leave. We then got a dps that really was undergeared and watching paint dry might have been more interesting than waiting on this dps to kill the mobs. My first thought was I wish I could kick this guy. But instead of leaving I just asked the group if they would mind if I helped dps just the trash mobs, and I would go back to my troll role for the bosses. They said they didn't mind and we were able to move along better. I realize the tank and the healer had to work harder to keep up but at least the mobs were dying a bit faster. They even asked me to continue to dps the final boss because the dps took a substantial amount of time to kill the boss before it. We made it through the alert and everyone seemed positive in the end.

I guess my point is where I would have probably kicked the dps for being under geared in the past, this new system at least makes me look at new alternatives first. I was never a kick happy person but this at least makes me second think kicking someone. I think the only downfall on this so far is if you get two people in a row that won't play their roles. However, if it occurs at the start it is at least easy to leave.

The other concern I have is raids. Raids and alerts are completely different situations because in an alert as long as you have all the roles you will eventually get through the content, well most likely. Raids on the other hand you might not. The time you invest is also significantly higher.

I have not had to kick anyone from a raid since the change but people generally will not leave on their own.

My last concern is I wish there was a way to separate the people that are underperforming on my ignore list and those that have harassed me. I had a guy that left Act of Defiance because he was a dps and he was not getting power by the troll. What he could not understand is the barrier blocks it and all he needed to do was block. After he left he harassed me for a role I was not playing but apparently did not remember the trolls name.

The under performing person in a raid I put on ignore so I don't get them in my groups because they will not leave when they are under performing. I have nothing against them in the long term but in the short term I would like them to improve before I group with them again. Three months would be fine. I mean hell a month would probably be sufficient. With the solo available people really have no excuse to be under 112 for the raids.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I and a few others have brought this up, there hasn't been a response as of yet (that I know of).

My best guess is that with the memory issues and those with large accounts, having a full list of an accounts character isn't feasible. So most likely you will just have the name you put on the ignore list and the system will auto recognize the whole account.

Hopefully.
    • Like x 1
  10. CostanzaG Active Player

The VTK system is perfectly fine the way it is.. I have no idea why the devs waste time on crap like this when there are 1000 other things that they could be working on to improve the game, such as fixing bugs and bringing out new conent. To be perfectly honest the only people who had a problem with the original VTK system were people who were getting repeatedly kicked for "No Reason".... Right._
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Unwavering Player

Theres a start to something good coming from this though its more of a forced solution
    • Like x 1
  12. not_again Dedicated Player

I am not sure what you think I said but what you are talking about has nothing to do with my situation. The player was not helping and said they were there to farm collections. They had no intention of helping complete the instance. You are just trying to argue with me but what you are talking about has nothing to do with what I have posted.
    • Like x 1
  13. Buckley Loyal Player

What you said was...

I suggested you help the player instead of just wanting to kick. But now you say that you took the time to have a conversation with the Player B. Still, would it kill you to show the player the briefings, investigation, collection in the area that has been cleared already and then continue.

14. not_again Dedicated Player

Agree to Disagree.
  15. Waterfall Well-Known Player

I just wanna say I am happy vote kick is staying. But I am also happy it is being restricted to help avoid abuse.
  16. Minrath Well-Known Player

there isnt anyone to group with so it dont matter..way to go sony you ran another mmo into the ground.6 hours in lfg que and not even a squeek.Join a group from lfg channel and kicked because you arent 114.Yeah this games long past dead, I showed my league tera and they havent logged back into dcuo since.
  17. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Kick AbuseUser who kick throughout the day need to be monitored by the system and if a abuse is found they're kicking rights need to be revoked right to kick and right to vote PERIOD, these are the players we have the real issues with.

Mute / IgnoreWhile ignore is a nice way to put a idiot on block the remove them from my life , why not include a simple mute button sure we can slide the volume button but it don't always work for those who have they're mics up as loud as it goes for some crazy reason.

Visual PenaltiesPlayer who violate the system caught by cheat mechanics and or clicking the ignore button to cast a vote in each raid they get in need to be put on a visual penalty let the community see who they are put a damn dunce hat on their head make them stand out in shame and they just might quit trying to undermine the very system designed to keep the game player as fair as possible

Kick Reason / Log Reason
    Needs to be added so we can help show the reason of why we kick a user from the instance you get player with 203 skill points who don't know how to spec there trolls who get butt hurt and just refuse to stop eating up the POT the lead troll with a few less SP is in control of to prevent this we give valid button pressing feedback to what the real issue is then this player can be monitored to remove them from the game or to help better them as a player to bring them more into the community vs pushing them out of it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Kick Reasons
    A Rogue Player refuses to play
    B Disruptive Player continues to be nasty
    C Ungeared tried there best but just can't do it.

Kick Deserter
    After a few times being of being kicked from a instance the system should treat it like a deserter penalty and give the player automatic player timeout on all ACCOUNTS but being said the deserter does need to be looked at even so it's set to 60 seconds I still do know players who get 5 minutes to 1 hour deserter times added to their characters screenshots have been sent to the GM team but no said fixes or patches have yet to be implied.

Deserter Timer
    It's beautiful to have it set for 60 seconds but if we go back to 10 we need to color code the user's name or add an additional icon to there name to show they have a deserter so many hold raid groups up not admitting they have it. ( Keep the deserter at 60 seconds add time if abused ) .

Consequences
    It's a videogame but we do pay from $10.00 DLC's Membership $14.99 to $120.00 a year to play it and in all fairness players need to be held accountable for their actions and for the said rules they choose to violate and or break frivolously or intentionally if this were GTA a game my self I don't play the consequences would be stern and well known they have been applied to that user. this would help us players who pay to support the game us players who care about the game us players who dedicate time to the game to know ahead of time who the hell we might need to ignore the next time we shout for a group.
  18. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Pretty sure he knows that. If I got his post right, he uses alts to be free from /tell and leaguechat requests etc to go farming and is basically concerned that the guys he sometimes helps will add and remove him from ignore so they get a glimpse at all of his alts ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are a lot of questions here that are asking for very specific use-case details, on exactly how the system will work or what the interface will look like. We'll let you know as best we can once work is underway and we've gone through a few iterations. This is intended as a high level summary of our plans moving forward.
    • Like x 8
  20. Gunny New Player

One of the concerns I have is how this data was presented.

Did the data account for the amount of people in private groups?

One reason I am curious is because with the absence of kicking, one trend I seen was people spending less time bringing in PUG's and more time running in leagues or private groups.

For example, no kicking wouldn't mean I would not get throne done, it would mean I simply would not do it with strangers. I'd still get the instance done, but I would do it more exclusively and with the same people.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.