An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Let us know how it goes!
    • Like x 1
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Back in the battle healing habit.

DW Bow Mastery
    AcB, CScWotP, RcW, McB, DL, C.I.
    Noticed that CI hits harder as you use your combos in Healer Role too.
    Seeing 4k crits on RcW. Love it.
    May drop C.I. for Sacrifice or Consecrated Ground

Anyone got any tips for Throne and Throne Elite?
  3. Lady Thren New Player

I've used those loadouts and spam them like I used to but I am not seeing crits as high as my WM loadout. Its frustrating as hell. Someone told me to wait between one combo to the other because it won't give me the AM dmg boost (PS3) and I tried waiting two seconds between RcW & ScH. There waz a slight boost but still not as close.

Ugh, wtf am I doing wrong?! >_<
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Easy way to tell if you're timing it correctly is to see if you get the AoE buff to Smite, Retribution, or CS. The AM changes them from single target to AoE. You can clip them pretty quickly, in fact. It's an 80% buff to most abilities and combos, 58.5% to DL and cDL, and 143.25% to CI. They should be very noticeable.
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I think that was a bit of misinformation.
    You cannot wait. You wait you lose the buff.
    on combos clipped like RcW into itself, RcW into ScH you have to slightly delay it by a millisecond, and same with RcW PcDL (clipped) RcW
  6. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Life Drain is useless, horrible power...
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Lol, well, now you know. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Tried this, and ugh, the flow is terrible. Honestly, I get about 34k DPS even with the second PcDL partially missing the buffs. The flow is much smoother.

Buffs>RcW/PcDL/RcW/ScH/PcDL/buffs
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Just did a little testing on 3 target vs 8 target DPS for loadouts with and without PcDL. The more targets, the better PcDL is. With just a few targets, the 3 buff loadout with RcW and ScH was similar to the 2 buff with PcDL. With 8 targets, however, the PcDL loadout with 2 buffs was significantly stronger--by several thousand DPS on my CR 113 live toon. That said, it would make more sense to just use the 2 buff loadout and drop out PcDL from the rotation, when there a only a few targets. I didn't find any advantage to a melee rotation, unlike with other AMs. Just puts you in harm's way without a payoff in damage. Of course, for those who prefer melee DPS, go for it!
    • Like x 3
  10. Wild Level 30

lol, wish it was 50% sc so more power
  11. Wild Level 30

Certain powers like that new munitions thing get buffed when closer to targets right? Maybe that's what celestial needs for Melee dps to be worth it. A buff in damage when in melee range. If it's already like that then maybe it needs a buff or something.
  12. Wild Level 30

Just like you said. I do fine in 1v1 unless it'f a fire tank but your right about everything else.
    Remander gave up on multi player arenas pvp :( (wake-up call screamed out)
    Wild gives a friendly wake-up slap do the devs to fix it
    SLAP! :p
  13. Lady Thren New Player

I figured out the problem I was having!

First off, I took into consideration that I have some lower tier gear on since I just got back AND they are modded for WM crits. I replaced the mods and saw the difference. I also kept my SPs in for WM (just in case a troll is down/out & my cola is on CD) and use just the AM.

BOOM! I saw the difference.
    • Like x 2
  14. Snix Dedicated Player

Clip of my DPS'n Area in Elite with a Quantum league mate. Messed up a rotation or two though lol.

15. E Clip Dedicated Player

I dont get it, how can the flow of Buffs->PcDL/RcW/ScH(or RcW)/PcDL/RcW be terrible, when everything lines up perfectly? Its practically the old Celest rotation ...

If you're used to clipping PcDL before 250ms of the burst cDL hit, what you can do at the start of your first rotation is this: RcW-> Buffs->PcDL/RcW/ScH/PcDL/RcW, this way your first PcDL is buffed, as well as your last one.
  16. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Is there any benefit to mastering the weapon you roll with?
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

I was referring to the second rotation, leading with RcW. It just felt clunkier. I even tried moving my keybinds to no avail.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Gives you the base crit bonus and control resistance. Alternative is equipping a melee weapon and not unlocking WM. You get an extra 5% crit bonus, while using the AM, which makes up for not unlocking WM. Personally, I keep WM as a backup (much less commonly used nowadays).
    • Like x 2
  19. E Clip Dedicated Player

Not sure I understand you: what is clunky, leading with RcW before Buffs or leading with RcW after Buffs ?
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

The former. It's not as seamless with the buff cooldowns. I found myself moving the buffs through the rotation. With the rotation I listed, it was seamless every time.