A few appologies to all of you long-time forum users out there...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Gunny, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Gunny New Player

Those who seen the Gunny name out there know my posts usually are far from short and sweet, so I do try to give people a fair warning to settle down and get ready for a book before reading. This is that warning.

-------------------------------------------------------

I stopped playing the game shortly before the release of Halls of Power part 1. The reason i stopped is I deleted the game on my PS3 specifically because of disputes with my girlfriend and figured the best thing she'd see is to come home one day surprised to see it deleted. I did not redownload this game until about 3 weeks ago.

In that 3 weeks, I found many things to be different. Although I COULD try to list them, this post is about one specific thing - visible CR's in game and public census data.

These two things were both widely opposed to being released and were violently debated topics on the forums. I was perhaps one of the most vocal people in support of CR becoming visible. I DID say that we didnt need things like stats and gear visible, but visible CR was certainly needed.

Logging into the game, the first thing I noticed is that while I was gone, I seemingly got my wish. There wasnt really much changed in terms of gameplay though. I did not see anything different in terms of group behaviors in the game. I could really get used to this.

--------------------

Then, i returned to the forums and discover the census data being released. I initially didnt think much of it, but shortly after I returned, the Throne glitch came to light. These forums lit up like the 4th of July. The strangest thing though, is many threads turned from the usual outcries and support to deal with glitchers that many turned into actual witch hunts. People scrutinized one another using this census data! "You're quantum and 114? We cant trust a word out of your mouth, glitcher!" Or even better, people actually have access to league information and gear slots? "Oh, well looking at your league, I found the top 2 people out of your league of 500 has hades elite pieces on. You're a glitcher!"

Are you guys for real? THIS garbage many just did the past two weeks on here.... was probably the most argued point I would encounter before i quit whenever I seen the discussions about making CR and other things visible. Obviously, accurate information is always beneficial.... but the thing is, people went out of their way to misinterpret much of the information at their fingertips all to simply accuse one another of glitching. There's countless ways players could have used data like this to their own benefit or even make discoveries to make the playerbase as a whole better at the game. Instead, THIS is what people load up wavedox, awesome app, or other census data sites for.

So, here i am with fork in my hand ready to eat crow - thats been sitting untouched on my plate for months now. I'm sorry I was wrong in the past. Much of this information was better left unknown, because now the people who have no knowledge of the information now simply misuse it to further their own agendas. I found the changes made in-game are wonderful. Out here in the forums? ....not so much.
    • Like x 7
  2. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

Ok so let me get this straight. You're mad that people can see you and some of your leaguemates glitched gear? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 10
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. While I wasn't a huge proponent of releasing the census data, the community is ultimately responsible for how they utilize the information.
    • Like x 11
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I said with the visible cr and census data that it's handing a loaded weapon to everyone. People are selfish in nature.

The glitch thing was horrible, the problem now is that a lot of innocent people got affected.
    • Like x 4
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its how you use that data. If the lowest dps is the highest CR. I wanna know what his power is, then how many sp he has and then what type of mods he has. Its never personal its business. Since the +50% increase in the quantum population, yea your gonna get accused but just like everything else this too will pass.

And welcome back.
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It is not the tool at fault but the community.

Think of Wavedox as an enegery soucre. One it can be used for good to assist all or it can be used for evil to create a super weapon. The community took the later.

I do have to say I see more players now switching there powers away from Quantum.
  7. Badname4445 New Player

So let me get this straight... Your angry at the fact people are able to see your league clearly glitched gear and NOT at the fact that they glitched it in the first place? Most of the people that have 115 CR's can't even complete normal throne and that's not a problem. But people seeing what gear you have glitched is Hahahahaha. This thread is a joke.
    • Like x 7
  8. Dylan Top5 New Player

This game was gotten so bad... Only thing worse is the community
  9. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I still have respect for you though Gun. Your one of the originals on the fourms. But the fact that 10+ people in your league are 115, makes your squad stick out like a sore thumb. Thats gotta suck.
    • Like x 3
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Ok, so let me get this straight: he makes a post about people making unwarranted assumptions, and then you come in and make an unwarranted assumption? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  11. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

It's not an unwarranted assumption, it's a fact when he had/has glitched pieces that only come from elite hades. He had the chest and shoulders which only drop off of him. Also several of his league mates have those pieces as well. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  12. Malachyte Devoted Player

Hey Gunny,

Forgive me but I'm not getting the premise of your post Sir. So are you venting that your upset of the Census type applications and what not and/or you upset that people are using that tool to identify folks who got gear from Trhone glitching...I'm not understanding your point, I'm sorry.
    • Like x 5
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Ah, I thought you based your post on his post, not on viewing his character, so I may need to issue an apology once I gather more information. It depends on when you looked up his character. If you looked it up after reading his post, you still may be making an unwarranted assumption since people may have beaten the raid legitimately over the weekend after the bugs were fixed. I'm not sure whether they fixed Hades to make it possible to beat now, though.

Did anyone beat the entire elite raid after the raid was re-released last week?
  14. Gunny New Player

There are people in my league that are wearing glitched hades gear.

I am not here to deny that fact, nor here to hide it. I said it myself right here.

The problem I have is, is i can hop onto those sites right now and can accuse pretty much every PS league of the same thing - because bad apples exist wherever you turn. Sure, leagues out there can honestly say no member of them glitched, but think about it...

What can I really get from that information though? Are you really judging ME as a person right now because of a league I joined almost a year ago and know almost none of them now? Two of you just did in this thread and posted it - its been up for about 10 minutes. I am sure several thought the same thing and said nothing.

As i said, accurate information - which is what these sites have - is always a positive thing. PEOPLE like the several examples above take that information and misinterpret what it means.
    • Like x 4
  15. Malachyte Devoted Player

Hey Soul,

I'm sorry but its not an unwarranted assumption and most know it. Personally I don't care, but they shouldn't pretend about it either,.,,LOL
    • Like x 2
  16. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Nice to have you back Gunny.

Now I think it must be taken into account that anything nice we get in game, will always be perverted by the community. Examples being roleless buffs, how many times has that come back to bite us, and now with visible CR/census app. We just can't have nice things.
    • Like x 3
  17. Gunny New Player

@ Luckyme92781

Really? Where's my chest and shoulders? Pretty sure my chest is a 98 piece and my shoulders are also.

If you're going to accuse me having them, I'd at least want to be able to use them.
    • Like x 2
  18. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

You had them but have clearly replaced them. What's funny is the fact that you make this thread after replacing that gear. You're not fooling anybody.
    • Like x 8
  19. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Sorry that you're getting lumped in with the bad apples because of your choice in league long before this happened. For some reason the sins of the father, become the sins of the son. The father being leagues in this case.
  20. Flightboy New Player

I <3 you like a sister! :D
    • Like x 2