Valentine day is meh

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HoodWarbler, Feb 4, 2015.

1. HoodWarbler New Player

Don't get me wrong I love that they had the voice actor make some exclusive lines and I do have a girlfriend to spend the 14th with but I mean :/ meh. Nothing out of the ordinary not even valentine weapon style. just base items made up crystals or hearth themed. Um a jacket I rather not have on my character. I'd probably do the event with mr.freeze once or twice. Stat clamped is also sucks and I'm laggy for some reason. I'm glad whoever is having fun is enjoying it but I can't wait for st. patrick day
  2. HoodWarbler New Player

Also what happened to the trinket I got for free in the mission menu. I clicked okay didn't bother reading it and when I checked my inventory nothing
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Considering that most Vet players have been granted Seasonal event completion. you're dealing with newbs. Good luck.
    Some of us spent time training users that may or may not have left. . There are ups and downs. Observe.
  4. iSmashly New Player

They made a decent enough deal about brining it back, this feel like they forgot they had to do it and threw it together 20mins before the update. Unless you have been dying for 27 variations of the same base item idk why anyone would enjoy this event. I was looking forward to it too and all I got was a backwards quiver.
  5. Faust74 Loyal Player

I had an interesting thing happen to me while doing the open world mission.

I went to a crystal that was cross from the 539 Club. Near by up in the sky was Hero just hovering out of site, but I can see the red dot on my radar. I figure he was going to attack me once I fight the Star Sapphires. Well sure enough that's what the Jerk Hero did.

We went at it while taking out 2 of the Star Sapphires. But one of the Sapphires would not die. I figure the Hero must be healing it some how. Anyways, the battle went on for a bit and a Villain jumped in on the fight and once the Hero was dead. We both turned out attention to Star Sapphire still alive.

The chick would not die. Her health bar did go down, but it was as if someone was giving her some super fast heals. Her Health Bar was up going up and down with each hit like a Sound meter bar on a stereo. She wasn't hitting hard, she was just hard to kill. I don't how strong the other guy, but I was wear all Andriod Energy PvP gear with high mods. It took us a minute to finally killer her, but it was actually fun for a change.

I don't know what caused it, but I hope it happens again. It was fun.
  6. hudapak Well-Known Player

I give the Valentine seasonal event a 5/10. The race is OK but it's location is stupid. The instance isn't that good. The base item feat is just ridiculous. Many of these items look the same. They could've been trimmed down to 10, 12 at the most. It's nice that the Star Sapphires are featured but do we really want another Green Lantern-inspired content? I'll have to say that the Summer (Aquaman) and Halloween events are still the best in terms of the alert and open world missions.
  7. Omega Boy Committed Player

You do realize that everyone got the old feats granted, right? Even players that just started this year. Everyone running it is doing so for the new feats.
  8. Omega Boy Committed Player

Does it really matter if you take out the generators? I was taking them out every time that they popped up at first, but the last few times, I've been in groups that just take them out once, and then go for Freeze ignoring the returning generators. It doesn't seem to make much difference. His shield doesn't seem to prevent him from taking damage nor is there any messaging linking the shield to the generators.

This event reminds me of the original Halloween or Spring or Xmas events. Maybe a new instance will be added next year. Summer was the only one to start out fully formed.
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Yeah... it's felt different from group to group. I generally go for them towards the beginning of the fight then ignore near the end. I think Freeze does more damage when both are up. Freeze's shield has nothing to do with the generators, but when players hit him while it's up, they get frozen and it just lengthens the instance.
  10. Omega Boy Committed Player

Ah. Gotcha. I thought you were saying that taking out the generators was mandatory. I guess it really depends on the group. Although it's hard to judge group strength when we're stat clamped, most experienced groups with cr100+ or groups with healers probably can leave them up.
    • Like x 1
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

did you not even read my post / the post I quoted ?

if not please refrain from quoting til you do in future threads involving me ;)
  12. HoodWarbler New Player

Unless it was yesterday at night. Close to gothams villains base. I think it was me. Lol I saw this villain fighting the star sapphire and then I saw this hero attacked him out of nowhere all I saw was another villain come up out of nowhere so I dashed away. I was on the hero side and a healer so I gave the npc some rechargeable health and I dashed away but stayed close to the area til I logged out.
    • Like x 1
  13. Faust74 Loyal Player

If that was you, I had fun fighting that Star Sapphire. Thanks lol!
  14. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Ok I will have to agree too. The event is pretty lack luster.
    I thought they were gonna come up with something original like the Halloween or Xmas event.
    It's just the same old Mr. Freeze pre-30 lvl mission but slightly altered.
    And the whole Mr. Freeze and his Nora story is so old. I thought they're going to make up something with the star sapphires and some love-thing between Hal and Carol.
    And the only styles in the vendor are the styles that they've been giving way now for free ever since they ended the last Valentine's Day event.
    Only thing new to get is that bow and arrow back piece and that arrow through head thing (which is silly btw).
    And they make it all expensive like its something spectacular.
    Not even any special rare styles or trinkets drop in the instance nor does the vault drop anything "seasonal" either.
    I guess they will never be able to get Valentine's Day right.
    The ship has sailed for V-Day events in this game.
  15. Omega Boy Committed Player

The vault at least drops 1 seasonal thing. I've received the heart shaped rug twice. It's not new though. Halloween seasonal started with the Scarecrow instance from Gotham Sewers. Xmas didn't have an instance the first year. Summer was the only seasonal to start out fully formed, and they've had a tough time adding anything new to that. Maybe the V-Day event will grow year to year like the others.
  16. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I have a feeling this might be the last Valentines day seasonal all together.
  17. Solarverse2 New Player

I have a Star Sapphire inspired character, so it works for him. Grabbing all the items for the 10 feat points on him then buying the feat on my other characters. It's kinda worth it to me. If only they would just turn it back on...
    • Like x 1
  18. Burnt New Player

Don't tell me what to do. You didn't even quote anyone on this comment I quoted you on. Do YOU read your own posts?
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Is the event back up today?

EDIT: I really like the event, I find it very fun and I love how they brought back the race. Really fun, do wish they would let us have those wings as a style though...
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

The vault is not always dropping items, I get about one per 3 runs...I hope it does grow each year, love this event.