Need help with mods

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ZeroShiar, Jan 30, 2015.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Actually 80 will be very short if you get Mbot and Obot drops. I had 4 pieces of gear from those, and then picked the other 4 pieces from the ace and strykers solos. I think I was 80 pretty quick.

At ace chem there is a wanted poster the same place you get the daily missions. It is for a 2nd generation Morrowbot (Mbot). You can do that bounty every day. Make sure you find a group, because you can't solo this bounty until you have a full set of T5 gear.

Same at Strykers, there is a wanted poster for the Oolong Siege Robot (Obot). He is much tougher than the Mbot. Since you are Rage you may be able to solo him with T5 gear, but you need a group for now. I just finished my 10 Obot bounties after I had IL 95 DPS gear, but I'm not rage.
  2. ZeroShiar New Player

ok thanks for all the help but remember im new and have a lot of questions while you are writing i have new questions :p
    1. Reowns means the solos where they give me a reward badget and add 25 something to my rewards right?
    2. What the tokens you talking about for SP?
    3. i dont like PVP so i gonna be PVE always
    4. where i can see who drop what item of style or something like that?
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

1. Yes, I think it is 125 renown points. You might even have some renown boosters in your inventory. I think you said you are premium, but I'm not sure those are only for legendary members. They give you a 50% boost. You can buy a style (maybe iconic?) from each vendor after you get trusted status for 8 marks of triumph. You get a feat when you reach the max renown in each.

2. One of the vending machines in the watchtower war room sells tokens. You can exchange Marks of Triumph for seasonal tokens and others there. One of the exchanges is tokens of merit. They go into the thousands, so I usually wait until I'm T5 and have lots of marks of triumph. There might be a youtube video too if you search for it. wavedox.com usually has links to youtube too.

3. I don't like PVP either, but the new rewards make it totally worthwhile. You don't even need PVP armor anymore. If you lose you still get 100 marks of valor. I know you get 2 marks of legend if you win, I think for 1v1 you also get 1 mark of legend if you lose. Because you are a tank I think PVP will make you better at boss mechanics. One of your jobs will be to interrupt boss attacks since you are closest to the boss. The main ones are lunging and block breaking, since you will probably block alot as a tank. If you PVP you can practice your lunges and bb. Find a legendary character with your same weapon and use them too. I just do 1v1 and 2v2 lair battles (because they are so quick). You can have enough marks for styles and to buy legendary characters in just a few hours.

4. For style locations this is the original old one:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/comprehensive-style-locator-list.7717/
    I think this is for newer one:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/style-locations.159/
  4. ZeroShiar New Player

wow too much info, sadly im not on the game right now to check u.u
    yeah im premium so i dont know what to do :p i bought the 3 month pack (im on PC btw)
    1. i dont know what boost you talking abot i need to research maybe, yeah is 125 i get those when i solo things, i hate groups :p
    2. i would check war room when i get home :)
    3. when you said legendary means when you are batman or other here or villian to play as you? where is 1v1 and 2v2?
    4. thanks :)
    5. whats bet weapon for me? im using one hand and doing the Skills points on dual too

So much to ask, thanks for the patience :) (sorry for the english too)
  5. Red Jenni Loyal Player

1> Renown is how much the 3 factions like or trust you. You get boosts in this for the solos.
    2> Skip the tokens until you get a lot of Marks to spare
    3> There are LOTS of feats in pvp- but I would stay away from Lair Battles, personally, as they are more brutal. When there are only one
    or two enemies, they will find the weaker target and focus all of their energy on that person. If you don't pvp, it will be you. 8 player
    matches are very confusing, even for me. I would stay with 4 or 5 man battles.
    5> No one has mentioned yet that there are style vendors near the sparring dummies in the Watchtower that sell several sets of gear
    that will get you a feat for completing- formal, schoolyard, most of paramilitary, most of biker, and 2 or 3 I forget. Paramilitary and
    Biker can then be finished off in one of the police stations.
    • Like x 1
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

If you bought the 3 month membership, I believe you are legendary. Do you have a cash cap of $2000 in game and escrow? Or do you have access to all your cash? In T4, you probably have lots of cash by now (or escrow).

1. They are called renown boosters. They have an icon that looks like a case of some kind. It lasts for 30 min, so use it and then start with the T1 solos so you can do as many as possible before the boost runs out.
    2. As FFilcher also said, don't worry about the tokens of merit until T5. You will have lots of marks then.
    3. Yes, legends PVP is when you play as a DC hero, like batman. Heroes get Robin for free, and I think legendary members may get some others too. Since you are 1 handed weapon, I think Joker is too. You would have to buy him though with marks of legend from PVP arenas. If you get a good partner for lair battles you can win a bunch. It's just unpredictable.
    4. FFilcher had a good point about all the styles in the War Room. You get feats for 250 styles, 500, etc. Since you should have lots of in game cash, you can just buy those all up.
    5. I don't have a tank, but 1 handed seems fine since it is a good melee weapon. I assume dual wield is your weapon mastery combo weapon, so that is good to have as well.
  7. ZeroShiar New Player

yesterday i made mbot y obot and got 2 pieces, one with blue socket and other with red (health bonus)
    I made dominance the one with blue socket
    i dont have anything to do with the red socket, i dont have the exobites necesary, so im waiting for make dominance+pres to mod that, gonna take a lot :p
    i made some styles from war room
    and made some solos
    no skill points yet u.u
  8. Red Jenni Loyal Player

NOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Don't waste exobytes on modding t4 gear! Run the t4 raids. I forget what they're called on hero side. Dawn and Vengeance? Is that it? Those will give the best gear at t4. Also the styles I meantioned-formal, schoolyard, biker, paramilitary and 2 others will give you feats for completing them. I didn't just mean any styles toward the 500 styles feat. When I have leveled toons (and only half of my toons are in my sig) I get them to cr 76 before I even THINK ABOUT sticking some synth mods in there to boost cr. If your gear is under 76 then you might just replace it before t5.
    • Like x 1
  9. ZeroShiar New Player

ok, so i dont gonna mod big till T5 :p so i gonna just upg my tier till get the best i can on quest because sometimes im one hit on t4 runs u .u thanks got i yesterday i get chest and helmet from obot and mbot :)
    but yeah i gonna cheap mod them to get some bonus, and then run t4 runs because like i said the other day tried and i was just one hit u.u
    and gonna do a lot of the solo quests :)

I think i made 2 styles yesterday and got feats for that :) i gonna re look again today
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Yes, Dawn and Vengeance give the 76 gear. If you have Origin Crisis, it is OK to mod 74 gear because you can quickly get to CR 80. The Iconic Solos drop 81-83 gear, which is better than anything you can find in T4 any way.

I agree don't waste exobytes on T4 gear. Buy the synthetic 3 mods. They are 125 marks each. Basically what you get for each ace or stryker daily. The T3 vendor in the meta wing sells them. The T4 vendor sells synthetic 4 mods in the magic wing, but you don't even need those to hit CR 80. You can save your marks to buy CR 90 gear on mogo after you hit CR 84.
  11. ZeroShiar New Player

i gonna try to get 74 full gear with t3 mods and do the runs to get more items and better rings, necks and weapon u.u
    • Like x 1
  12. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I found those solos to very hard. I've still never finished the Huntress one, and would never have finished the other if some league mates hadn't given me some pointers. And if you don't like to do Legends... well... those solos are based on Legends (without other players).
    • Like x 1
  13. ZeroShiar New Player

I dont have solos tier4....my solos just are tier3 and tier5 u.u
  14. Red Jenni Loyal Player

The solos we are talking about are the t5 iconic solos where you are Bizarro or The Huntress. They're really hard.
  15. ZeroShiar New Player

:eek: im cr75 now with 2 new obot and mbot parts trying to get more cr faster :p
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

For Bizarro the key steps are to just focus on the " boss" in each room, ignore adds.

1. Just kill Failed clone in 1st room, ignore scientists.
    2. Just kill Security Captain in 2nd room, ignore alarms and adds that show up. You will need your soda, or the healing barrel, but just beat him down with powers and hold melee when he's not blocking.
    3. Fly to the rafters in the 3rd room so the turrets don't hit you. Kill robot up there. Hold triangle unless he gets close, then melee.
    4. For the final boss grab the healing barrel on the left hallway after killing all the adds.
    a) Use hold melee (square) for the first phase when he is trying to scan you to knock him down, attack.
    b) Block for the 2nd phase when he does scripted brawling combos to knock him down, attack.
    c) Go all our with clipping your powers (freeze ray, fire breath, etc.) in 3rd phase when he uses hand blasters. Use barrel or soda if needed.
    After you get the pattern down, it takes about 6 minutes to complete.

For Huntress.
    1. Kill clusters of mobsters 1 group at a time in 1st room. Make sure to kill the guy with the phone first.
    2. After open door fails, stay close to the door to stop guy from pulling alarm. Kill him first then go back to mini boss.
    3. For alarm room, cling to the right wall of hallway and move your camera to observe the pattern of mobster closest to you. He will come close to panel, turn around and go back, turn around 1 more time, then walk away.
    a) deactivate 1st panel then run to 2nd panel behind pillar in the far right of room as you enter.
    b) deactivate 2nd panel then hide there to observe mobster who is now on your right. He will walk close to you, go back to middle pillar, turn around toward you, then walk away.
    c) run to 3rd panel on middle pillar, staying to your right or mobster on left (the 1st guy you saw from hallway) will see you. Deactivate 3rd panel.
    4. Try to lunge mini boss down the "hole" to stop him from activating fire. If he does just jump out and fight him on the edges or range attack until fire goes away.
    5. For final boss, open door, then go back and grab the healing barrel in the fire room if you didn't use it. If you did, go all the way back up to the first room and grab the barrel by the first elevator shaft. Hold the barrel as you walk in and listen to his speech.
    a) place barrel with a drop (circle on PS) on the side close to his desk and start fight (don't break barrel yet). Block his brawling combos to knock him down and attack.
    b) Use the barrel you brought in for this 1st phase if you need it. When he goes to grab the rifle, you want to be able to lunge, but you can still use the barrel and range attack in the healing area until its done.
    c) Lunge his rifle attacks and use your soda if you get low. Keep using your taser power and bug stuns when the come up.
    d) There is another healing barrel by the door you came in if needed.

I like these better than the WW and Circe Iconics because they are alot shorter. I ran them until I got the 100 times feat, plus they count to your solo challenge feats.
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

The Iconic Solos will show up in your on duty menu when you get to CR 80. Just remember to mod everything with synthetic 3 mods. I'm pretty sure I still had my IL 62 weapon from FOS3 when I hit CR 80. I did by the Central City trinket which is IL 70. You probably need the rings and mask too if those are low. I don't think the T4 vendor sells those.
  18. ZeroShiar New Player

100 times? omg u.u thats ALOT u.u
    • Like x 1
  19. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I think the Circe and Wonder Woman solos are shorter and moderately easier.

Unpaid Dues drops 76 weapons.
    • Like x 1
  20. ZeroShiar New Player

Well i keep doing Sbot and mbot but is droping things i already have u.u bad luck i guess