Mayweather VS Pacquaio

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Dark Horus, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Will it happen ?

Who will win ?

2. Radium Devoted Player

When they actually step foot in the ring, only then will I believe this fight will happen.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

I feel the same way after waiting about 5 years for this fight
  4. Ramonater New Player

Pac Man will win that is why this fight wont happen. Floyd wants to retire undefeated a d he knows Pac man threatens that record. Pac man wants this fight for the money and to shut floyd up while floyd is avoiding him. Pac Man has agreed to every single Floyd offer yet he still runs.
  5. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

By the time that this fight happens, most will have lost absolute interest in the fight. Kinda like when Roy Jones fought Bernard Hopkins in their infamous rematch (approximately 15 years after their first fight) Both old, slow, and overly cautious to take a punch. Definitely not a fight that people cared for at all. By the time these two finally meet, both will be past their prime and the fight might be nothing short of insignificant and lame.

IMO, Mayweather is chump who has been ducking a true challenge. Sure, he's fought a handful of actual competitive fighters, but most were on their way down the has-been ladder. Boxing nowadays is a joke. Wish it were like the 70 and 80's where everyone fought eachother. Hagler vs Duran. Duran vs. Hearns, Hagler vs Sugar Ray, Sugar Ray vs Hearns, Hagler vs Sugar Ray, etc. Boxing was actually about fighters fighting the best of their era. Nowadays everyone wants to be a paper champ and come up with all sorts of excuses to evade a challenge. This is why people care less for boxing and care more for MMA.

Oh, and for the record, I do believe Pacman will hand Floyd his first loss if they were to fight within the next year. Floyd has speed and great defense, but Pacman has a solid defense, speed, & power in BOTH hands and the angles that he punches from are ridiculous. Also, his combos are not the average 3 -4 punch combos. If this fight takes longer than a year, this may change though as Pacman is starting to walk down that retirement walkway.
    • Like x 1
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Just waiting for Mayweather. Pac's good to go, anytime, anywhere.
    • Like x 2
  7. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

If it happens I think Manny will win it. I don't think it will happen because, as others have said, Mayweather wants to retire undefeated and Manny is too much of a risk to that untarnished record.

If or when they fight, it will come down to who has the fastest wheelchair. Don't think it will happen but hope it will.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Every one wants to be a champ that they make all these stupid belts, then you end up having a 'consolidation' match (where they 'merge' the different belts because two guys have eliminated all the other holders), and then you start all over again, pathetic
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The fight won't happen because of Bob Arum. Contrary to popular belief all agreements haven't been hashed out, that's just rumor coming from Bob Arum's camp (think that's Manny Pacquiao promoter name)
  10. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

While I do hope this fight happens it's not going to happen due to Mayweather running away and throwing a hissy fit on the rules of the fight (like the size of boxing gloves.)
    • Like x 1
  11. La Shark Dedicated Player

May 2nd, possibly

TMZ says its a done deal

but ESPN says otherwise.....
  12. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Team Manny Doh!
  13. Krypton Dedicated Player

It is sad what boxing has become.
    I remember when fights mattered. I mean this is a middle weight fight.
    Where are the heavyweights?

It is bizarre that UFC is what people care about now. sad....:(
    • Like x 2
  14. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

^This. And it's probably too late for Floyd Mayweather and his empty record, I think any boxing fan paying attention knows it's a padded record with wins against fighters passed their prime or fighters not quite ready for the big time. Even if he beats Manny now it's clearly not the same Pacquaio of a few years ago, who has a far more impressive record even with the losses.

Edit: 90's still had some great fighters, I think the true death of boxing came with the slew of Boxer-Puncher types that began to sprung up towards the middle and late 90's to present. Eventually it became fighters posing far too often because the threat of a power punch was better than actually throwing a risky punch and it only got worst when fighters got bigger. The fighters with specialized skill sets like the peek-a-boo style of a Mike Tyson or the less technical bob & weave style of a Joe Frasier who had to take risks are mostly gone, and with them goes the interesting style match-ups.

It's because the UFC is in a position where they can put on fights that people want to see, there's no ducking in the UFC because they will just replace you and send you packing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I wondered the same too, heavyweights back in the day had speed.
  16. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

Right on, bro
  17. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Let's be honest here both of these guys are to blame for the fight not happening , Manny was " afraid " of needles so he didn't want to take the blood test. But now magically he isn't anymore hmmmm? This makes me think he was on something and he is clean now. Manny has been taking test for a few years now but now he some how lost his knockout power.

Floyd has made every excuse under the sun not to fight this guy , he knows it will be his biggest payday and after he fights manny he really doesn't have anyone else left to fight. He will have to go 100% to beat manny , he has to fight harder than he has had to in years . But I think he can still win the fight he can adjust to any style
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I've seen most of Pac's fight including the earlier ones (being Filipino myself and all). I've noticed the deteriorating knockout power too the past couple of years and I really think it's mostly because of his extra non-boxing activities in the country. He's a governor, he does have a lot of TV stuff going on and being the owner/coach/player of a team in the local professional basketball league. Those kind of stuff take a toll on his boxing (taking into account his age too).

I've seen Mayweather's fights too, his form and speed is undeniably great. I've watched a couple of his father's fight too and it's obvious where Floyd got the stance, but senior lacked the speed. Unlike any other die hard pacfan ignoramus, watching Mayweather makes me uncertain about Pac. But Mayweather cares too much about the "undefeated" title making him not want to take the risk.

The uncertainties really makes this bout something you really look forward to.
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Im not sure if you guys are joking or just hoping Manny wins cause Floyd is black, but lets be serious here.... Manny beating Floyd is highly unlikely Pac is going down hill, Floyd still has the best defensive game of all time and rarely takes much punishment, Manny has been struggling for awhile now and is far from the boxer he was a few years ago..
  20. Ramonater New Player

Everything you said is true for one reason, Floyd is such a big star the he hand picks his opponents and his opponents always fight him even if they know they will lose because its their biggest payday. Please name 1 opponent in his prime that had speed and power like many that Floyd fought? I don't blame Floyd or his opponents who took the big payday( i would do the same) but to say that Floyd will beat the pac man is a stretch. Have you heard the way pac man talks about fighting Floyd? struggling or not in his last few fights PAC MAN will come ready for a battle if floyd ever mans up. I guarantee Pac Man and Floyd will both look 10 years younger if this fight ever happens
    • Like x 1