Marks of Fury to Marks of Distinction

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dewey Cheatem, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Dewey Cheatem New Player

Marks of Fury have been transitioned from a mark solely for one dlc to a universal mark to be used with symbols. This game started with two "universal" marks that was not tied to a specific hero/villain/theme: Marks of Triumph and Marks of Distinction.

I understand the name of the mark used is largely immaterial, but thematically, if I beat L&W, it doesn't make as much sense to be rewarded for my "fury" as it would be in the amazon content where fury is synonymous with amazons. When we get to the next amazon dlc, will we get marks of fury and symbols of fury as well?

Marks of Distinction aren't tied to one hero. It has roots in the game. It sounds like you have done something by beating content.

My question for the devs would be is this feasible?
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

Maybe bad example. Getting Marks of Fury for beating Love and War makes sense to me. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Little Sister New Player

When they first introduced Symbols I suggested they add Symbols of Fury to Amazon Fury Part 1 and change the name of Mark of Fury to something else. Mepps said it would be ideal, but they weren't going to implement it.

Once T7 hits I'm sure they'll start fresh.
  4. nohealhere New Player

t7 starts with hop. so unless its gonna be called "marks of power"
    im not sure what they would call them when they made "symbols of power"
  5. FreedomRollerMan Well-Known Player

I personally don't like the name of Marks of Fury and find it bizarre that they would make that mark to earn for all the new stuff they add. Simply just calling them The New Marks would work for me. They seem to like to give these bizarre names to the currency. Doing it simple and just naming it PVE Currency and PVP Currency, I guess, is something they don't want to do.
    It like the gear, right now , I have no idea what tier the gear is at because they don't put that in the name of the gear, instead they give these names I can't remember instead of the simple Tier 1 gear or Tier 6 gear, you know? The current gear I call The Mogo gear (Level 2 because they had another set in there before) but it called Adara or something something and I call any of the marks I get Marks from Mogo, Marks of the Star Sapphires, or Marks of Lanterns but it called Marks of Fury right now. Perhaps they should rename it Marks of Freedom, Marks of Symbols, Marks of New Content, etc. , etc. , etc. , ....
  6. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I'd guess Marks of Fury and Symbols of Fury II. The naming of "Marks of Fury" was already set before they figured out the exact Marks/Symbols scheme being used today. It's really not worthwhile for them to go back and change it anymore now. There's no benefit to players, beyond eliminating the confusion over the name.

Some of the current problems came from how Marks of Triumph were limited to just over 65,000, just under 16 bits. That was a software problem that's now been resolved, after what looked like quite a few headaches. Along that road there was even one really bad day where MoT were 32 bits instead, but some of the higher bits were flipped to make completely invalid amounts. The path forward should be clearer for the developers to completely rework the marks in the game in the future.
  7. X-zero Loyal Player

They are just fun little names to give a mark of a tier. They don't really need to match everything in that tier.

Remember we did get Marks of Krypton by doing the Courthouse
    Marks of War from doing Inner
    Marks of Reality for doing War of the Light content.
    • Like x 1