Free Deathstrokex

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Dec 23, 2014.

1. ChuckLess New Player

Oh please. You know that's not what people think when they see the word "free".

It;s not the right way to use that term and they "should" know better.

Shifty shifty shifty
    • Like x 1
  2. ChuckLess New Player

3. nohealhere New Player

techinnally though it is "free" just like skimming was "free"

and just like atomic will be "free for members"
  4. ChuckLess New Player

se·man·tics
    səˈman(t)iks/
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The advert is fine. It states quite clearly that Deathstroke costs 1,000MC/SC but is otherwise free for subscribers. Unless they added a feature into the game where you must now pay money to obtain Marks of Legends (breaking news: they didn't), then the advertisement is still valid and legal.
    • Like x 1
  6. ChuckLess New Player

How does an item "cost" something AND "otherwise be free"? That doesn't make any sense.

I really don't understand those of you sticking up for them on this one. It's BS no matter which way you look at it.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The "otherwise" part is being a member, making the item, which would otherwise cost real money if you aren't one, be included as part of your Legendary subscription.

I honestly don't know why you're complaining about it anyway to be honest. Makes absolutely no sense. "I have to use my free in-game currency to buy an item that would cost me real world money if I wasn't a subscriber". Think about it.
    • Like x 1
  8. nohealhere New Player

i get his point the way its worded u would think you get him auto if you sub
    • Like x 1
  9. Impulsively Committed Player

I don't find anything misleading or confusing about this at all.

The ad says that DS costs 1000 SC/MP Cash. However, if you're Legendary, this cost does not apply to you. Nowhere does it say or even imply that no other conditions apply. It's simply saying that members don't have to dish out the extra 1000 SC. I think people are trying to read too much into an advertisement.
    • Like x 1
  10. MetalMario Loyal Player

Are you upset about the other free legends toons costing marks of legend also? What could people possibly expect when they read that?
    • Like x 1
  11. rival exe New Player

that's exactly what people think when they see the word "free". :S
  12. rival exe New Player

okay let's say it didn't cost any in game currency either. now you have to work your way to walking to the vendor. do you consider this not free anymore? oh oh now you have to confirm that you want the item. then you have to collect it. oh but before all that you have to turn on your gaming console or your pc and load up the game. then you have to pick a character and log in. so much for "free". :rolleyes:
  13. ChuckLess New Player

Oh, I have thought about it. And as a long time player I totally get it.

My issue is with new players and or those that do not know better (as is my issue with most of this game).

You think about it.
  14. ChuckLess New Player

Really? You are adding nothing to a real conversation.
  15. rival exe New Player

it's free. point blank. no way around it.
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Let's dissect the advert then.

It states that Deathstroke is now available in the Marketplace for 1000MC/SC. In a little "sticker" on the top right side of the banner, it says "Free for Members".

Between seeing that advert and running their first piece of content as Deathstroke, are paying members required to pay SOE any additional money outside of their membership fee in order to obtain Deathstroke, which sits behind a pay wall of 1000MC/SC for everyone else?

The answer is no. Therefore the advert is not misleading or falsely advertising anything.
    • Like x 1
  17. HazeTA New Player

This^

Creating a new character is free...
  18. FreedomRollerMan Well-Known Player

Yeah I saw this and didn't see anything unless I deleted it or sold it to a vendor because it looked like garbage that I needed to get rid of. The only character they gave away for free that I got was one of the Batman versions. Again if they put this in my inventory, it looked like garbage to me so I got rid of it and did not get the character for free.
  19. Chukdatruk New Player

yeah because non-member have to pay. Legendary players can unlock Deathstroke using Marks of Legend
  20. rival exe New Player

you have to get it from the vendor.