Can we discuss Stat Clamping??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drifting Dreamer, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fkeidjn Level 30

Stat clamping the seasonal is a terrible idea, period. The only that it would do is cause the skilled players to form groups and no longer pug, while the pug groups are stuck not knowing what to do, get frustrated, and rage quit the instance.

Now, if the devs are going to stat clamp all queued instances, what's the point in gearing up anymore? This game might as well be redesigned along the lines of Mario Party Wii, just a whole bunch of mini games where you don't have to grind for gear anymore, and you are simply unlocking a bunch of bonus stages through the marketplace a-la-carte. Heck, might as well just port this game to the iPad and forget about PC and PS3/4 and call it "Candy Crush, DC Edition."
    • Like x 3
  2. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Qft
  3. SuperBell Loyal Player

Everything thing in this game is "optional". Playing the game is "optional". But the optional mission does reward Marks used to buy stuff to finish feats.

I can't speak for myself, because I haven't done the seasonal yet, but I can understand why people feel like they are being punished. If you have 111CR, and have done this mission for, what, the third year in a row, why should't you be able to one shot everything? Especially because you only have about four weeks to do this, and a lot of people like knocking out the feats on multiple toons. And it actually kind of hurts new players, because they have three years of feats to catch up on, and they don't get the benefit of having a vet knocking things out quickly for them.

As for the countless low level toons, again, a lot people are playing alts. So when I play my low level toon, I've taken part in these missions in a meaningful way plenty of times. Now, I just want to get in and out.

In my opinion, Seasonal events shouldn't really be about a "challenge". It should be about having fun and getting cools stuff that you don't have the ability to get 11 months out of the year. Keep the challenging stuff accessible 12 months of the year so I can plan to sit down for hours to get it done.
    • Like x 3
  4. SuperBell Loyal Player

*Note: I read and understand what Spytle wrote. This is just my hypothetical 2 cents.

Normally I'd be against stat clamping. But now that we have the nosy app, I'm all for it. Go ahead and call for 111CR, 180SP and check their stats, because it won't matter. I think that's a good compromise. Just as long as there are no walk in portals or opt out features, because that would make the stat clamping pointless.
  5. true New Player

After a horrible experience puggin the seasonal I have to ask the dev team...
    Why should I pug?
    Why should I help new players?
    Why should I level up even?

Seems this is just going to kill the current dcuo community all you will have is new players getting frustrated and old players who only play with people they already know are good.
    • Like x 3
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

I haven't deserted in months, haven't had to turn the game off in years...I've done both within an hour of trying this seasonal. Seasonals are not the place to teach people their roles and make no mistake, the clamping is meant to do that.
    • Like x 2
  7. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I’ve waited for the most part to give my opinion on stat clamping and IMHO, it’s gotta GO!!!

Too many players queuing in support roles, not running them properly or have no clue how to play, which adds unnecessary time to what is support to be a nothing more than a quick instance.
  8. Prosser Dedicated Player

I dunno what everyone's issue is. We went in with one troll and three dps. In and out in five minutes, got two feats, and two of us had never done it before.

Come to think of it, i thought everyone wanted a challenge, this gives you a challenge, or is the real issue that you can't Que in and look godly in front of some random low level player......
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Pretty much the same as my own experiences running the seasonal. Out of curiosity I did some comparisons on the scoreboard this time around (not a normal habit, but I was interested to see how I fared in comparison with others). With the playing field more or less level (and if I'm remembering all the runs right LOL) I was placing in one of the top two spots in terms of damage, even when I had trouble getting a combat pattern/rhythm going. I was pleasantly surprised by that, because it means I must be doing something right even though I tend to go it alone. :D

I almost hate to admit this, but if this pattern keeps up, there's a part of me that will start to wonder about the complaints, and how many are coming from players discovering they aren't quite as beastly as they thought they were.
    • Like x 4
  10. Gokaigerbay New Player

the stat clamping is silly. at least let us actually make use of our skill pts.
    change the gear down.
    But come on, I know I had more than 66 precision @ cr34 when I was a healer.
    My lv 10 character cr9 w. 2Sp has 30
    • Like x 1
  11. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

Actually, yes there was notice that the seasonal would lower you to CR 34 (or raise you to it if lower). With this in mind, you could go spend that fortune you bragged about having to buy/craft sodar appropriate to the task at hand. This to me is the same as switching to a build you don't use much and not checking what the power/skill loadout is before doing any difficult content. It's really silly, and any problems that arise are your own fault.

Or maybe it's like when my friend bought a weapon on the broker after respecing weapon type. He bought a PvP weapon by mistake, and didn't notice till we entered an Alert. He didn't complain (much) about it. Nor did he whine to the group or come to the forums to rage about it. He just adjusted and made do, then fixed the problem as soon as he could.
    • Like x 1
  12. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

Okay, this makes me laugh. What do you think happened the first time any given seasonal was available? I'll tell you what happened. People didn't know the way that seasonal worked. Because they didn't know the mechanics of the mission, they probably wiped a couple times at least. Then they learned through trial and error how to do the mission. Okay, I'll grant that some people decided it wasn't worth the effort. But do you want to know a secret? Last year I ran the Larfleeze fight one time, yes exactly one time. And after that I avoided it because I'd thought it boring. Why was it boring? Because unlike the previous year, he was getting defeated by one to two people within seconds. In fact, the mission completed before I could finish entering the room. At which point I decided to avoid a mission I'd liked the previous year.
    • Like x 2
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

So where's my ability to unclamp this to fix it?
  14. AURELIO New Player

I love this reply!
    It's the kind of replies I'm wish I see more often.

It's definitely and issue that needs to be addressed. Because I'm pretty tired of of going into t2 and t3 instances with t5s that just rush thru everything taking the fun out of the game. I don't understand why they even bother playing if it isn't for fun. I understand they want to farm for styles and such, but why not let the other players have a little fun! Show some courtesy!
    However, I don't think this method is the best solution. I've been saying that the match making of this game needs to be improved. Dous for example, when I'm PUGgin , I'll end up with another player that playing the same power. If not the power, we both went in there as healers or trolls or tanks. in alerts, I've gone in with all players playing the same power too. Many times! If there was a way that the game picked players within the same tier that would definitely make things more balanced. If 4 t5 players end up playing a level 8 instance at least none of them would feel left out. Or at least have no reason to. But the game seems to match players on the role or the power they play. Hmmmm.
    On the other topic of this, the amount of misinformation, HELL YEAH! There's a lot of misinformation on these forums. But the reason for that is that there's a lack of information on the part of the game staff. A lot of the changes and additions that are made to the game come with such vague information. For example, when I notice that gadgets could heal over time now without the use of supercharge...how does that work with such low restoration? Useful leaving to 30. Useless for then on. Or how can healers have powers that stun without much dominance? Everything I know abut this game I've leaned by playing and experimenting. But it would have been better if had some sort of manual that came directly from the game developers. Let's face it, the descriptions within the game are vague. Somewhere there should be a full guide to this game created by the developers. Not by the players. And it should not be scattered through out the many threads of this forums. If there's one already, please point me to it.
    To close, I do love the initiative. As long as the game loads and there's no glitches, I'll adapt to the weapon masteries, the nerfs, the caps, and power tweaks.
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Dreamer, I was one of the players who were for this. It's just that gearing up with higher tiered players the burn is rather... Excessive. Players don't learn the way we learned gearing up with players in our own tier. It's necessarily carrying players up through content and that's something we nor the Devs initially want or need. It makes taking walks out almost no longer needed because players are still being carried in a sense.

You're beautiful, I love your face a ton, don't be angry wis me k?
  16. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

When did 4-6 minutes to do the event become an unbearable burden?
    • Like x 2
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

what are u speaking about ? i had the challenge/finished the feats when the game started and had around cr30 , my hero progressed got stronger why do i have to repeat that for this low content ? i have alot of toons i want fast in & out , the way it is now i need to spend over 1h in seasonal only ...with pugs like you.
    • Like x 1
  18. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If this stat clamping is going to go to all pve then they should just max out everyone's SP and do away with all gear because it's f-ing pointless to have either with a system like that in place.
    • Like x 1
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

There is not enought population to do that. It can already take an hour* to get into an alert by the queue, what you suggest would destroy grouping entirely.

*Saturday evening I queued for all alerts with daily rewards (I think it was 4 in total) and started decorating the league hall. When I was done one hour later, the queue was still there unchanged - not a single pop... :(
    • Like x 1
  20. thedemonocus Loyal Player

if stat clamping goes to all pve i will quit
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.