A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

That's what Tunso said when he was talking about it. I'm not sure if anything has changed.
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

That's really unfortunate. 2H clipping would have been sweet with this (need to spec into WM to clip immediately)

I don't know of any other weapons that are that fast that we'll be able to use with it.

Don't know that it will matter either way. WM is still likely superior to the AM.
  3. HazeTA New Player

Not an issue by the looks of it. Says this in new test notes...

Weapons
    • Martial Arts' Heavy Shuriken and Two-Handed's Hammer Throw Mastery now have a short wind-up time.
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Hmm, seems strange that they'd leave it. I honestly thought it was an exploit.
  5. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

It is fixed. I tested it and it's too slow to work in between the powers. Others have verified as well :(. And apparently before this update I t was getting higher effective DPS than the WM with Dual Wield. With the 2H I mean.
  6. HazeTA New Player

Yh, that is the fix. When I said not a issue I meant, not being able to spec WM to get this new crit buff for AMs won't matter if you were planning on using the 2H with our new AM since it's getting fixed.
  7. ArkhamRogue106 New Player

Hey guys, I'm coming back to the game after about 6 months. What's going to be the go to dps loadout to use with WM? I am not a fan of the AM for most of the power sets and until they are "more refined" I'd prefer to avoid them. Also is there really no SC worth a **** for mental? I always like to have a SC on my loadout for personal preference. Would Vaccuum Bubble be acceptable? Thanks in advance!
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Currently (pre GU-43): Mass Terror - Menace - Pyro - Thought bubble - Phantom Flames/Resonance - Shock

Post GU-43 (next week): Mass Levitation - Pyro - Cryokinesis - Thought Bubble - Menace - Whatever.

The SCs still all suck. They're among the worst in the game, but considering the alternatives for that last spot, you really can't go wrong putting one in when GU 43 hits.
    • Like x 1
  9. ArkhamRogue106 New Player

Wow lol so Mental is having a total power tree overhaul then with GU-43. I always used to look for a way to go for the Tele tree, but in the end Mass Terror was just to good, and the PIs from the Illusion tree with Mass Terror just seemed way too good to not use, and I wasn't a fan of the Dazed PI applicators. I'm kind of excited for Mass Lev now. Thanks for the help Greenman!
  10. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

Update releases tomorrow for anyone who didn't see. And, by tomorrow I mean in 6.5 hrs.
  11. HazeTA New Player

Oh joy, I can't wait to see the damage they did, I mean, it does...
  12. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting a Mental Breakdown v 4...
    to cover and explain what has changed.
  13. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I really don't think I can express enough how angry this update makes me. I was so excited to finally get an AM, and to see it come out so half ***** and poorly done is depressing to say the least.

There are so many things wrong with the AM and so many things just left out of the update that it makes me actually angry.

- Mass Terror should have never been touched. Nobody wanted it, everybody gave feedback that they hated that change and it was ignored.
    - We brought up that Reflect Pain was worthless, and we were told that it wasn't. End of conversation.
    - We brought up that the SCs stink. No response given.
    - We brought up how silly it was that we only get 4 powers to work with the AM. "Only gadgets is as versatile as gadgets"
    - We brought up that there's no way to amplify AM damage. No response.
    - We asked for changes to Menace. No response.

But hey guys, at least we get to be lazy right? Whoopdie-freaking-doo.
    • Like x 2
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I'm going to have an actual Mental Breakdown if we don't get word about changes.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Oh... it's a breakdown.
    Literally. If anything.. buffed nerf. (How is that even possible?)
    • Like x 1
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I'll be updating the first page after I have a chance to play around and fully understand it. I'd have it written up already, but unsure of a few things.

I'll also try to get some videos up for you guys using both AM and WM rotations by Friday. Have a 10 page paper I have to write tomorrow, and want to test things out, so I'll do my best to get it up Thursday.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yikes! On top of finals?!
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

No finals, I had 6 classes, 5 final projects, 5 presentations.

Technically this is finals week, but all my presentations and projects (minus 1) were due last week, so I get an extra week of break. The last break I'll ever have before I have to work...forever.
  19. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I understand why you're not ready to make it yet...
    I'm hoping I misunderstood half of what was in the testing feedback...

And, having used this guide before the update, I trust you to be able to explain it and figure out how to make it work as best as possible.

But I'm either
    A: Lost
    or
    B: Disgusted...

not quite sure which is more appropriate...

Hopefully you can make sense of this for us all!
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Damn! That's rough. :/ but im impressed by your work ethic.
    That's good though! Im sure you'll be fine financially.

On Topic: The AM in PvP is not too bad. Way less interruptable that Celestial and Light.
    just dont use MT if you aren't gonna clip fast.