Spreading misinformation.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by David Ivanenko, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Collector New Player

Ahhh......... they are!

Try reading the GU41 notes under PVP
    • PvP Stat Balance!
    o If a player is un-geared or under-geared while in a PvP arena, any stat that doesn't meet minimum entry requirements is automatically increased to the minimum based on your current role!
    So this is NOT misinformation or hearsay it is a Fact!
  2. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Point proven, thank you very much.
    • Like x 8
  3. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I am pretty sure that the full duration of POT is actually 25 seconds, which is why I set my egg-timer to 20 seconds for the double-tick. In fact I am pretty sure that duration was confirmed in one of the Controller Guides, but hey- with the way things get ninja-nerfed around here, I might be the last to know if it changed.
  4. DCUController New Player

I dont doubt it, as the DLC is out longer the requirements will go up lol
  5. Champion_Of_The_Gods Active Player

"There is a feat for killing the first ICW sub boss after getting to oolong island before he gets around the corner."

Mention something like this for a nonexistent feat that is nowhere in the feat menu right after a DLC comes out and three months later people are still trying their hardest to get that feat and treating the misinformation like it was the word of [insert your religion's higher power at be].

Also this one is on me... I started that as a joke towards a friend in my league and he spread the word that it was real every time he ran ICW with a new group.
  6. Champion_Of_The_Gods Active Player

Also

"All items in marketplace are tradeable to free to play characters through the mail"

As in the items you paid station cash for. Like armouries. Base themes and amenities. Statless styles and trinkets. Yeah. Nice try. Free to play can't trade or accept attached items in mail.
  7. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Here is another I still see all the time... "spec'ing into Crit Heal/Crit Magnitude will increase incoming healing". People don't seem to understand that these innates are for 'outgoing heals' ONLY- they do not affect any incoming heals unless you are using a healing power or self-heal power, which at that point it is effecting your outgoing heals to self. Restoration DOES impact incoming heals, however; which is another myth people debate. Saying 'restoration doesn't affect incoming healing' when it actually does and is why it is in our gear along with Vitalization, which also affects personal power regen.
  8. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

"I never got banned from the forums"
    • Like x 4
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have heard this before...LOL
    • Like x 1
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Shields are impacted by resto and dom...tanks should have a higher than average resto and the higest dom effective pulls...aggro is gained by a tank using a power...
  11. Nemisor Committed Player

"tanks have half agro and full agro spells" he actually called them spells too lol

and

"if the dps fly the tank will lose agro"
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

"I know how to dupe your (rare) aura"
  13. Rasta Committed Player

Are you on USPC? Because if so I'm gonna laugh so hard because I know exactly who this is.
  14. RapidRay Committed Player

"If you're a fire tank using Inferno, you're doing it wrong."

That one always makes me laugh.
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Da hell? Lmao.
  16. ScarletGhost Level 30

Think we all know who it is. The 'debates' on lfg have been nothing short of amusing.

This person not only refuses to submit any evidence for this absurd notion, but will quit any group/raid if people queue on dual roles. Rather than provide any proof of the claim, the argument put forth is 'it doesn't hurt to do it my way.'

Goofy stuff.
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Here is one I hear regularly as a tank...

Why is this tank attacking. Tanks don't attack.
  19. Crimson Jonni New Player

"The devs are sexist"

"Haha dude i better lower my dominance! I keep taking the adds from the tank"

"Need beast roles 111+ for Gates, NO SCRUBS"
  20. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

"you must heal in a bug form"