Announcing Legends PvE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Gwalir Loyal Player

Please note he said, "each boss will drop at least one Mark". I'm guessing, based on how this one is an Alert, we will probably get 4 per Instance.

That aligns with how much is dropped in PvE, so nothing changes on that part.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

not the same thing at all, premium players purchased those DLC's knowing and being provided with information that they are 'granted for free' to legendary players. They actively chose to purchase the DLC's and remain premium instead of making the choice to pay a subscription. That is an informed purchasing choice and they have at their own choice changed their mind at a future time. However bear in mind if they stop paying their subscription those DLC's remain accessible, something they would not have otherwise. They've effectively lost nothing and the value of their purchase remains.

Let's not kid around here, the time it takes to get 100marks of legend for a legends character is so easy I could sneeze and I have it. You're making it sound like a grind where your knuckles are bleeding afterwards, although in saying that I suppose it depends on the skill of the player.

However regardless my purchase of legends characters has been ABSOLUTELY DIMINISHED, if not made worthless at all. If I had known this intention earlier I would NEVER have made a purchase of a legends character irrespective of whether I can get them on other 'alt toons'. I see that as no benefit at all and it isn't even particularly the selling point.

In my opinion trying to pass that off now as a major 'selling feature' is a stretch to try and justify the fact that the people that PURCHASED legends characters now feel ripped off. Come on really!!

To me this is all about being informed. This game is always changing the playing field mid game like this and this time I feel like being vocal about it, because this is now money spent that I feel I've been tricked into spending only for them to change it all up later and make me feel like I've wasted that. You're right time is worth something to me, so is money and this change makes me feel like I've been tricked out of the latter when I may have prefered to spend the former..
  3. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Not gonna happen before your exp date. Just had an update. Sorry :oops:
  4. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

This.
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

My bandwidth went wonky during the livesteam but I think Jens said the last boss gave 3 so that'd be 5 total. When it's posted to YouTube someone can confirm.
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

I bought the game full price (more really since it was the special edition) only to have it go FTP less than a year later. If they had secretly planned from the get-go to go FTP then I might felt some bitterness but I honestly believe it was a change reflecting a decision that made the game better.

The same goes for the legends toons (of which I have bought 5). They created a better purchase model that encourages subs, and gives the option between grinding per character vs. getting account-wide but still gives people the option to buy up front if they want.

Most seem to agree that is a better model, so it stands to reason that it makes no sense for the older MP toons to stay under the old model moving forward.

Businesses make changes to their revenue models all the time, in this case I really do think it's for the better. To be honest I would like to see the furniture packages repriced to reflect the cost:benefit of the most recent packages but I don't see that happening given the negatively of the legends switch-over which is, in my opinion, a shame.
    • Like x 3
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I think the subscription model might have hung on a bit better if the game hadn't been hobbled by GU 3 and the hack. Having the game rendered unplayable for a couple of weeks, then taken completely off line for a month hurt the game at a time when it could least afford it, that first quarter when trying to build a customer base. If you take the hack out of the equation, I don't think F2P would have been introduced until early 2013.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

YEAH! LEGENDS PVE! WOOOOOOO!
  9. Ra7ie11 Well-Known Player

All but Pre-order Batman you mean.
    • Like x 1
  10. CosmicIV Well-Known Player

New legends pve lacks creativity and looks like you rushed it. Atleast boost marks I know this is intended for pve players for feat point .But I genuinely like doing legends as a pvp player and to waste 1hour or even more doing a boring content ... Did you guys even make any effort with this?????
  11. Dezaras Loyal Player

I was wondering about Preorder Batman.
  12. Ra7ie11 Well-Known Player

Well It's a good thing i have him, i like making people jealous xP but what Batman i wanna see is New 52 and 4th Batman, i rely can't imagine what that Batman could be seriously Dark Knight Returns would be nice or heck even 1939 Batman we will see. :rolleyes:
  13. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,
    Go read the test thread. The people who are contributing to it have put some very helpful information in there about strategies and team make-ups.

For instance, I learned that Batman can give power to the group. I also learned what kite means, lol. A lot of good info, I appreciate their time.
  14. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

Seven pages and nobody mentioned Suicide Squad or Task Force X?

As it stands now, when I play a hero character and disable Task Force X, I will only, and always, be on the hero team and never the villian team. With the introduction of Legends PvE, since there is only one team, when I turn off Task Force X or Suicide Squad, my Legends team make-up should truly be all hero toons or villian toons.

I can see where the DCUO storyline should allow for Suicide Squad and Task Force X, such as when Brainiac is a central player in the story, i.e. Court House Alert. But when League of Assassins comes up, I would like to run it with only Batman, Robin, Huntress, and Nightwing.
  15. Ra7ie11 Well-Known Player

Hey be proud you got the game back then i didn't i decided to skip it then FTP came, i missed out on pre-order Batman then i got the code and got him there Marketing at times is complete Bullhonkey and disappointing the Booster Pack with it' aura is a major **** up but with legends it's decent.
  16. ShadowedMoon New Player

(So, members will have the option to purchase those Legends on the Marketplace) Oh joy once again no love to the premium players :/ And once again giving Legendary something that they already can get if they want to in like 2 months of subscription -_- And also They really got to start saying Legendary instead of just saying members because it confuses me every time considering Premium is called Premium Membership.
  17. Ra7ie11 Well-Known Player

Don't be pissed at them it's your choice to be premium not there's go legendary £8.99 a month is a joke.
  18. LoneBird New Player

Since the first legends PvE is the South Gotham courthouse alert, will we need the battle for Earth DLC to enter the instance?
  19. butaalinmarian New Player

They've said in one of the streams that you don't need the DLC. I'm at work and can't check in which one, probably in the Legends PVE Preview, but I'm not sure.
    • Like x 1