How is EXCLUDING tanks from competitive PVP creating balance? V

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 18, 2014.

1. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Still, it took all those hits to do that damage. I know it hits hard but in a 5s it's not that hard to heal through. In a 1v1 while your swinging it the other guy could pull of a short WM + burst which does the same damage or more.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jamie New Player

Since tanks can't pull aggro in PvP I think tanks should be able to mitigate damage for teammates like Brick can.
  3. Kai El Well-Known Player

They basically killed Ice Tanks' shields. They only absorb 25% DMG or something like that now. I cast a shield in PVP, and it's basically destroyed within seconds. All I can basically do now Cleanse or Breakout. This update forced Support Roles in PVP to go DPS. I was PVPing yesterday and basically every group I was in told me just to go DPS, a Tank won't be needed & that they'll just burn everything.
  4. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

no1 will ue tank on th 4v4. if they do they will get beasted.
  5. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Haha my inexperience is showing... You don't think they'll be needed to cleanse a healer since you'll be the only healer?
  6. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

The best 4v4 set up wll be 2 healers 1 troll and 1 dps. The powe cost is too much and stuns I too much for1 healers so you will need 2.
    • Like x 1
  7. Senexys Well-Known Player

When the only thing you have to offer to the team is a 3 seconds rebuff something is clearly wrong.

Even Pre-GU 41 Tanks in PvP have been lacking a specific duty or one that truly matters, if they give HP or toughness increase to the rest of the team that would be a thing.
    • Like x 2
  8. JTaroni97 New Player

What many people in this thread are failing to notice is he said " competitive" pvp, by which he means scrims i'm assuming. Since Gu41 one of the 2 main roles of a tank in scrims has been removed. Now the role debuffs have been removed and tanks cannot power debuff the trolls, most teams are opting for 2 dps instead of a dps & tank setup as good healers can cleanse themselves from heal debuffs with their trinket so tanks are more or less useless for scrims now.
  9. Kharhaz Committed Player

Over time, tanking in PVP has been reduced. Now its dead.

So ok, but at least recompense me my gear. Give me DPS gear. I have grinded endlessly for my tank gear in PVP, if it is now useless, then swap if for DPS gear. I deserve that much. As does every other PVP tank out there.

Fair is fair, if the tank role is going to be made defunct, then at least compensate us tank players to give us a fighting chance.
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its the same set of gear. Press T [Or PS equivalent]
  11. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

Tank would be relevant if they kept the way pvp use to be in gu39. TBH all they had to do was buff up the health, lower healing sc ( so teams don't reset) an tke out HT out. The rest was just extra.
  12. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

All gear became the same , if you had Whirlwind tank gear it turned into unirole Whirlwind gear. But I can see being unhappy about it being full of worthless tank mods.
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Tanks are not excluded at all. They are actually quite annoying with their CC attacks, especially in safe house. I would say that PvP isn't entirely balanced though.
  14. Dylan Top5 New Player

As I already said. For the sake of balance, tanks CAN NOT have god mode survivability in PvP.

This isn't PVE, there is no boss fight for you to tank, nobody is hitting for 40k, there is no aggro for you to hold.

Tanks in PvP can cleanse, have a small health boost, have access to more defensive abilities and can hit for almost as much as a DPS. This is much more balanced than last season, people just need to forget about being in god mode in pvp and learn how to adapt to balance.
  15. Ice Lantern New Player

I can tell you don't PvP competitively whatsoever. A tank is basically a DPS who can remove debuffs in competitive PvP. But since healers don't heal nearly as much as they used to, the value of removing debuffs from them are dramatically reduced and so the value of a tank goes down along with it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dylan Top5 New Player

Also to note that chainsaw splits the same as a melee tap. unlike most powers, 1 target will get hit for full damage, the second gets hit for only 20% damage if I recall correctly. It's great for 1v1s, but I feel something like sorcery's fury is better for passive damage in a 1v1. Fury's safer, doesn't leave you open for as long and allows you to stack damage since fury and the sorcery user can attack at the same time.

sorcery DPS is so underrated right now
  17. Senexys Well-Known Player

If i have to adapt i will do it, i was a Rage Tank before GU 41 and i agree, Tanks was basically god mode and easy win with little effort but that "small health boost" is 2000 hp who is pretty much 1 hit of weapon mastery, is a lame role advantage to be honest, that is not balanced imo.

There you have sorcery healer who can mitigate more damage than any other Tank thanks to the golden aura + watcher + CoP , you cant simply give everyone the same toughness and left Tanks to mitigate ONLY 25% of damage (except fire) that is a lower damage mitigation than heals who can crit, these things makes me wonder how the devs see this a logical change.
    • Like x 2
  18. Blue Spectrex New Player

Yeah tank role is basically back to where it was before we could cut a trolls vit in half, except now we don't have the survivability we had then. :s
    Something needs to happen to make tanks needed in competitve PvP, because right now the optimal group setups don't include a tank.
  19. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

A tank is useless. If you run a tank you're handicapping you're team now. Why would the dev's destroy a class just to TRY to create balance. We have 4 roles & by doing this, how is it balanced when a 1/4 of the roles are excluded.
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

ran it all weekend and with several tank friends seemed great to me not broken at all.....quit crying

edit: except CC's those are still very broken