Fliers should be grounded in pvp arena's

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 16, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

See, this is that whole "sore" thing I was talking about earlier.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dylan Top5 New Player

see the whole double standard thing I was talking about earlier
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Still not understanding what you're getting at here. It's no double standard. One has a unique feature that can be used advantageously with a risk. The other had a feature that could be used advantageously with no risk. So for now, what is it? At least the third time, I'm fine with Super Speed getting it's kiting abilities back. But it needs to have some form of risk associated with doing so.

Until that point happens flight still has an advantage that comes with a set of disadvantages.
  4. junglejim New Player

This arguments came up before and the reason i switched and the reason most others back in the day did and by that i mean before wop was a thing was for speed drain it was the only way you could get a power sc . If im being completely honest also dash attack. It got abused silly in arena back then it got made a s.c so ss already got a pretty big nerf. Some suggested giving us that instead of Flywheel. Yes please! Flywheel came with the territory. Kiting with Flywheel was never really a much used thing in eu till around the last laugh era. Im not name dropping anyone but some guys were trolled in pvp chat for running away but it developed server wide when actual thought started being put into it. It was never a case of double jump and escape its not that easy in scrims but i have guys in mind right now that excell at it. Very slippery customers indeed. Pinning them down became part of the strategy forming . Equally ive got guys in mind who cant kite and if your vs them thats your target.

Ive answered as honestly as i can and ill go one further ive admitted in other similar discussions id advocate buffing flights combat speed which is horribly slow instead of stripping the whole server of ss which we do all use to the point of it being as basic to pvp as blocking or shielding. Id even have accepted slowing flywheel or shortening distance covered instead of removal but wouldve much preferred a flight buff. However a hasty decision was made with no discussion and here we are. It cant be argued that removing flywheel in combat leaves ss "a liitle underpowered" thats clutchs words btw and therefore not balanced
    • Like x 3
  5. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Ok let's ground fliers, but since some people are so obsessed with making it "fair"(LOL) that means speedsters and acrobats ease of movement must be aligned to coincide with flight. Let's see how they like trying to wade through ice cream like fliers do after taking a hit or using an attack instead of zipping around like they do now. And they will love having to briskly jog everywhere when out of combat.
    Want to grab that rock and run away? To bad it's slow motion time. Remember when you could hit someone and run away real fast and leave them far behind? To bad it's slow motion time.
    We can all swim through concrete, that should make everyone happy.
    Everyone will make threads praising the fact that they can barely move and how happy they are that we all move exactly the same way.
    • Like x 1
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

It's a lot harder then you think especially if they are directly above you! Plus it's not easy targeting them, and some times lunge doesn't work at all. If there is like someone in your way, have fun targeting them.
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Flight is their movement, they shouldn't be grounded but there should be a certain ceiling they can fly up to! Make sure flyers are never out of range for the other movements.
    • Like x 1
  8. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Give everyone acrobats with no jump. Nevermind that won't work someone will find something to cry about that to.
  9. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

Can you picture Superman falling from the sky every time he used a super power while in mid air? Or The Green Lantern dropping like a rock when he uses his ring to make a construct while he's flying?

This is a Super Hero/Super Villain game. I don't see this being put into the game, as it will drastically take away from the Super Hero/Villain feel.
    • Like x 2
  10. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I posted a video a page or two ago on how difficult it really is to target and lunge. Enjoy
    • Like x 2
  11. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Just my personal opinion, no need to be rude.
  12. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Or the flash moving slow? See its a game and when balance is called for for one it needs called for all.
  13. Loadingscreens Committed Player

so wait, whats the problem now?

The Skybreakers have been around since this game launched! they are easy to counter! if your in a premade, everyone just attack them.

so whats the problem? cant beleive this is a 10 page argument lawl

edit: just saw a few posts of people saying they cant lunge them or whatver thats bs. i pvp whenever im on this game and have never had a problem with Skybreakers, other than they are annoying af.
  14. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I didn't feel like it was an issue either because that was an advantage of flight, just like flywheel was for Super speed. But when flyers cry and get it changed it time to cry myself. I could really care less about the flywheel nerf in pvp because I didn't use it as a kiting "weapon" but when it goes over to pve that's my problem with the nerf. Hate running thur town and some level 5 npcs slows me to a crawl and I can't even jump away now.
    Edit: or in a raid I can't get to a downed player cause of it
  15. FameYack Committed Player

I should be able to press Square and knock all my oponents,
    PS and PC at the Same Time
    1 hit K.O
    Why is it so much to ask? :mad:
    ... :cool:
  16. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Watching the 5v5 PS.
    Noone flew to take advantage of this supposed "exploit".
    Anyone who was using long range weapons was on the ground.
    Why? Because if you are in the sky using WM you are asking to be countered.
    • Like x 5
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I got to the stream a little late, but I don't think anyone was flight tonight :p

EDIT: DINKLEBERG!
    • Like x 3
  18. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

There's your balance, this has been the way of things for flight for four plus years now.
    • Like x 1
  19. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

Acro and SS still move faster than flight, both in and out of combat
    • Like x 1
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Really? I brought up beserk because y'all wanted to compare balance around the top teams. Imo beserk was op, but to the top team it wasn't. If we gonna compare balance to the top people doing it, nothing would be touched, and that was my point. Anyway I'm done with this argument