PvP Clamping

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Monster828, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

When your stats are clamped, they show up in red with the amount of reduction in your stats window. All players have their crit %s clamped when entering PvP. If you think your stats are being clamped, please post a screenshot of your stats window.
    • Like x 7
  2. Joykiller Dedicated Player

What are the Crit % thresholds? Or, at what point do I stop investing in Crit bonuses with my SP?
    • Like x 2
  3. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

I have to say, I think this is a really important question. Would be cool to get an official number instead of test-guessing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Broken arenas hmm... If anything HT and WM have helped break more than 1 aspect of the game.
    As for chess and checkers the Troll role completely broke the trinity.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

besides, the PVP stats you're mentioning AREN'T clamped in open-world PVP, they're just mitigated up or down in the arena to provide that 'level playing field' you mentioned...
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

PvP stats are not clamped [Excluding Crits] in Arena PvP either.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

there seems to be some disagreement on that one, and since I include 'Crits' in my stats (since I DID buy them with Skill Points and even spent a couple Power Points for the Iconic Passives) I'll consider it clamping - though from the end user standpoint, to me it means that I occasionally see a red or green arrow under the minimap and have noticed very little else in the way of difference.

my point being, I'm pretty sure there's a misrepresentation of the level of complaint one should have at the moment.
  8. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Yeah, but open world PVP is basically non-existent because there isn't any incentive. Upping the rewards for Ring War and Diamond Heist would be a good start.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

uhm, the Bounty posters feat is the 'reason' I use to run it, but the fact is I kill people in open world PVP because i'm a sadist.
    • Like x 3
  10. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

This is by far the most glorious idea that I have seen grace the PvP threads! I wish this would happen then I could grief all day and all night, while getting rewarded! I'd never have to do another stinking arena ever again after acquiring all my feats. :D
  11. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Can we get some specifics on how badly m crits are being clamped in arenas? Tried testing, but very confused. Specced full crit chance, things were fine. Specced full crit damage, fine. Species both, clamped.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i think clamping chance relies upon whoever the top and bottom end players in an instance are, i've been clamped down a few times and even up a couple on my CR 99 character with 'every Critical Attack ability bought'
    • Like x 1
  13. Kalito New Player

Sorry for the story but when I started playing Dc I was under geared low Sp I did legends and got to tier 3 and then started arenas I grinded my gear and then went into pve and grinded Sp and My pve gear I now have 154 Sp 100 pvp and 111 pve! I spent a few hundred on membership booster golds exc. Now after I did all that work spent time money. some new guy can get it easy and FREE.I feel like it's a slap in face to the guys that put the work in. When the DEVS took out walkins in pve I was impressed. I love a game that takes a lot of hard work to get to the top. But now u have pvp walkins "buffing under geared players " debuffs pvp buffs pvp clamping in the real gamer world its called HANDICAP GAMING. Every online game has some sort of clamping but u still have to grind your Level your RP Your GEAR. Let's say we buy 2k15 go to the park and because I'm a 68 rating playing against a 99 rating now my rate goes to 85 his goes to 90 that would never happened. In game buffs should be earned and lost a toon should be buffed if he wins 3 in a row debuffed if he loses 5in a row something like that. If a player doesn't meet the requirements there should be a task for him "legends". Play with pve all you want DEVS but PVP is OURS it's ours because we are facing each other to many people are not happy with pvp arenas you can't keep this kind of mechanics it's not fair!!!!!! Fair is everyone works on there own toon everyone gets there own and everyone earns or loses thier buffs.
  14. Zypher New Player

Is there a stat roof? For example if I spec'd purely into precision with my skill points and mods.. will it reach a limit where it has to reduced to be in range with everyone else? I remember on the test server my precision being reduced in arenas.
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Your stats are not affected depending on who you are going against.
    Refer to the quote my sig.
  16. Kalito New Player

Your right the purpose of hard work time respect and humility is what is lost. Every game has scrubs noobs I've been playing video games since the 80s. I've played countless games I've been a scrub a noob ive been a pro but I never went to my settings and put the game on easy I never put my slider bar up so I can beat the computer when online gaming came out I never used cheat codes. online gaming is tough because your not playing against your friends your playing against the world. Pvp should be clean your build against mine that's it or like legends where it's defalt.
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You mentioned not putting a game on easy. When you were max geared and going against enemies of lower level. It was practically putting the setting on "super easy", Tt should be build vs build, skill vs skill not my build can hit 10 times yours and one shot you.
    Skill is what matters, if you rely on gear too much you will lose. Think of it as Chess, its how you control all the pieces that allows you to win, if you put all your focus on your queen you will lose.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kalito New Player

What's the whole point of having a build of having sp of having mods of grinding gear it's versatility. This is not street fighter! on GTA your level 5 has a pistol my level 100 has a rocket launcher I earned the weapon the level . In sports games your toon earned accuracy speed there's no free stats. . Level up your toon get on my level kick my *** then i tilt my hat ! That's competitive!
  19. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Except this is not GTA, or any sports game. This is competitive DCUO PvP. You would have a point if you could not get all your gear by losing. In GTA can you get a level 100 rocket launcher by letting other people shoot you?
  20. Kalito New Player

This not GTA but it's an online game.