PvP Clamping

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Monster828, Oct 16, 2014.

1. FameYack Committed Player

There are pvp grinding and pve grinding

Pvp sp grinded and Pve sp grinded are 2 different matters anyway,

A true mmo pvper doesn't expect you to grind but put up a fight,
    If you lose, good
    If you win, even better

Of course it will be, for a few months and more,
    That's what is expected when good things are done right

Those AFK have more in common with OP,
    than he would like to acknowledge

They are grinding afterall...
    MMO isn't it?
    PVE grinding i'd pressume
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't think y'all are. Putting the bad example to the side, the skill argument is useless. To get skill you have to pvp,when you pvp you get marks for gear. That's how it work. If anyone is practicing counters and timing, it's getting done through pvping. Now if you wanna argue it gives new players a chance fine, but the skill arguement don't make sense.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Only because you said 40 sp. Can't get wm with 40sp.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Funny thing is I have beaten full CR 100 people wearing no gear with 41 SP .What saddens me the most is that it required 220 wins to get [or 440 losses] and they still have not learned basic combat mechanics.

Also to OP and any other player who would rather complain then test somethong your might/health or stats DO NOT GET CLAMPED. ONLY YOUR CRITS DO.
    Due to the league hall buffs, and your stats being so massive, you notice the loss. Quit your league and remove any pool generator mods you have and see if your stats go down.
    • Like x 5
  5. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Huh? Skill point grinding IS skill point grinding. No difference, Sp effects stats for pve and pvp[if only a little atm].

A true mmo pvper? Even if that was a thing, i'm sure they'd grinding gear and getting ANYTHING the help you get the edge the best way. In PvP, you want to be at the top, therefore you want the BEST gear, BEST stats possible. Put up a fight? Yea if you on level on my gear and stats. Go to any game other MMO that has pvp. I dare you, it'll be this way.You'd get stomped trying to compete against vets of that MMO.
    "if you lose, good" Um, good? Who in the Massive multiplayer online - Player Vs Player wants to lose? No one. Game or not, it's a online game and has real people playing with you, idk bout you. But everyone i know loves winning, hates losing.
  6. FameYack Committed Player

pve grinding is pve grinding
    pvp grinding is pvp grinding
    pve sp grinding is pve grinding
    pvp sp grinding is pvp grinding

Yes SP can be used in pvp ATM,
    So were Home Turf Mods till a few days ago,
    Lessons were learnt,
    That's why league proficiencies don't apply in PVP,
    Yet why capps are present

Pvp is pvp,
    Skill?

Don't be affraid,
    Get better,

Don't worry
    Enjoy a good match

I love playing,
    And so should everyone

I'm pretty sure you hate losing
    Still i'd enjoy beating you
    Still i'd even enjoy if you beat me

Your are confusing Vets, Pros, Campers and Grievers

Although maybe you just don't know that many people
    • Like x 2
  7. FameYack Committed Player

PVP stays in PVP
    PVE says in PVE,

Issue resolved,

Everyone can be happy
  8. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

Edit: Are you say skill points are a pve thing?
  9. FameYack Committed Player

Whose reading comprehension is lacking?

If you are able to understand why i said sp pvp grinding and sp pve grinding are 2 different things,
    And how it compares to Home Turf Mods being disabled in PVP
    And rebutt my ideas...
    I'll acknowledge your skill ;)

Good luck though, :cool:
    • Like x 3
  10. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Slightly confusing, by saying ATM means that SP won't be usable in PVP in the forseable future

League buffs never counted in PVP, which was way before the update (as well as generator mods) because it puts people with no leagues at a disadvantage

The only cap present are the criticals, not the stats

SP is SP regardless of where you get it, as the devs stated, they want you to try out all aspects of the game.. They will never get capped or separated
    • Like x 1
  11. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Dude, you were replying to me. Logic in-tells that if i say your comprehension is lacking, you obviously failed to comprehend something in the post you just replied too.

Giving your reply right now only proves it.
  12. FameYack Committed Player

That's nice
    • Like x 1
  13. Lawlessworlddc New Player

And god. Sp grinding effects character develop in both pve And Pvp. PvE and PvP are obviously different. Sp/feat grinding is not.
  14. FameYack Committed Player

I know comprehensive reading is hard for you,
    So it is ok,
    Everything is cool, bro
    We're cool
    • Like x 1
  15. Lawlessworlddc New Player

It's apparently hard for you, this conversation has proven it. :rolleyes:
  16. FameYack Committed Player

That's nice
    • Like x 1
  17. kawe Loyal Player

I haven't bothered looking up what stats are clamped etc. I thought it's our overall stats and thus the PvP cr so both teams match in pure stats.

Anyway, I'm not bothered as it just helps making fair match-ups.
    From what I've read in here the red clamping is more like having reached a cap for certain stats, as in you are not allowed to have that high of a crit chance or vit, did I get that right?

The clamping icons are of no use imho. If you see the green one you know your gear isn't as good as the opposite team's gear which actually doesn't matter then being buffed. The red icon, with it's downward icon implies a stat nerf, something negative, when in fact it only tells you "hey, you are too effing strong, no additional League Hall crits/stats for you that exceed the set limit Sir or Mam."

With having the red sign, the game tells you there are stats you don't have access to atm. It's not wise to show the sign if the cap is the same for everyone. It manages to give the fact that you have the best stats available a negative undertone. Even tho it's meant good.
    Balancing should only have uplifting visuals.

Btw, question guys, how come I sometimes get the red arrow popping up during a fight and not all the time, is it because of a buff applied during a match? Like a weapon buff?
  18. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Works this way:

If you don't meet a base stat requirement for the role that you are in, your stat will get buffed automatically (you will see a green +x number telling you the amount of stat that you got buffed)

The only stats that get clamped are your crits for damage, chance, healing and power (not sure about power but wouldn't surprise me)

You won't get your stats reduced based on your opponent, most people who are seeing a stat change is because of the league buffs and generator mods -

During a fight you will see a red arrow pop when you are blocking cause I think toughness is capped at a certian level, can't check cause im in the middle of a block xD

For example when im on Volk in troll stance the only reduction I get are my league base proficiencies not being applied and my bonus vit I get in troll stance doesn't apply anymore (350).. When I go to DPS stance I get an extra 64 prec because that is the base prec that a dps "needs" to have.. Since I don't meet that cause of my spec and mods it gets an automatic buff

Long story short, if you don't meet a requierment you get buffed. If you are over the crit "cap" you get clamped. Stats that are gained through league buffs and gen mods are removed, however stats earned through SP, Mods and Gear remain untouched
    • Like x 2
  19. kawe Loyal Player

Ty for clarifying. The icon they chose for the clamped situation is very misleading then. Most players, specially new ones, will read it as stat nerf.
  20. Errorcode1058 New Player

Solution: Add MOV to the reward for collecting PVP Bounty Posters.

Encourage open world PVP where no gear buffs/stat nerfs are available.

Make Ring War and Diamond Heist replayable and up the reward value to contribute towards people being able to buy gear.

Let people bypass the clamps by abandoning the now broken arenas all together.

For those who keep saying the new PVP requires skill, let me remind you that targeting the right opponent in an arena via the RPS system WAS A SKILL which was removed to favor impatient button mashers. I used to tank in pvp. if i came u against a healer in 1v1 i would simply switch to dps armory at respawn...this is now useless.

Those of us who used to play Chess are now stuck with Checkers.
    • Like x 3