Two Hours ago I held my dad's hand while he died.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by NCR RANGER, Oct 13, 2014.

1. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I am very sorry for your loss. Know that there is a family here for you should you need any support. My grandmother passed about 2 years ago from Cancer. I don't think that feeling of sadness, anger or confusion every truly goes away. I think it becomes more manageable as time goes on and you begin to be able to focus more on the positive memories, at least that how it went for me. I hope that where ever you are and whatever you are doing, you have good people around you to help and comfort you.
  2. dngnb8 Devoted Player

I lost my mother, father, step mother, father in law all in a 16 month time frame. I understand loss.
  3. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I know how it feels to lose a loved one (I lost my mother in 2009 the same month Michael Jackson died). Unfortunately in this imperfect body we are all destined to die. Just know ...you will see each other again. However since religion is banned on here I will just say this, you will meet again someday in a place without sickness,poverty or death.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

My dad died unexpectedly in his sleep at age 54, and the last time I spoke with him, we were arguing on the phone over something stupid. Taught me never to part on bad terms. You never know if that conversation will be your last. My sincere condolences, OP.
    • Like x 1
  5. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Sorry for your loss!

R.I.P.

IA ARMY
  6. NCR RANGER New Player

Thank you everyone. It helps give me strength to keep my mom together.
  7. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Not sure...

Don't mean to sound insincere but... first thing you do is write about it on a game's forums?
  8. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Sorry dude...hope you feel better, i know... my grandpa had cancer too...
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I highly doubt it.
    And if he did, it's a coping mechanism.
  10. Bad Juju New Player

Sad to hear about your loss man, went through this recently myself. So I can sympathize.

Just a **** part of life that will affect everyone at some stage.
  11. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i miss my parents dearly. i'd give anything for just a few more minutes with them which is kind of funny when you consider while they were around i did everything i could to distance myself from them. its not fair but its the natural order of things.

keep him in your heart and he'll always be around.
  12. speedster1981 Committed Player

My Condolences I'm sorry for your loss :( I know what its like to lose a father as well I lost mine 8 years ago and there is still some things that still get to me ( like songs we used to listen to on trips .. ect ) but I am however happy for you that you got closure on any past issues you had and that you you were there with him when it happened. I however was unable to be there for mine cause it was sudden. I hope the best for you and your family during this time in your lives... take everything one day at a time and remember everyday you have your loved ones in you lives is a blessing and think about the best times and best things about him cause if you really think about it in the end all we really have is our memories right. Hope the best for you , your family , and everyone on this thread that has lost a Loved One