Two Hours ago I held my dad's hand while he died.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by NCR RANGER, Oct 13, 2014.

1. NCR RANGER New Player

He was sick with cancer for 3 years. He was in a hospice. My mom and I were 48 hours without sleep. It was a blessing knowing ahead time that he was going to die.
    It gave me a chance tell him everything I need to.
    I implore all of you, if you're in a position where you know a loved one is going to die, tell them everything you're sorry for, all you're grateful for, forgive them for all of their transgressions,and let them know that you love them.
    I promise you that you won't fall apart when they go because you won't have any regrets.
    • Like x 14
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

My condolence to you and your family.
    • Like x 3
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

*hugs*

Closure must have been the biggest blessing and I am glad that he is resting in a better place.
    If you ever need to talk im here.
    Im praying for the fam right now.
    I hope all is well bro.
    • Like x 2
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Man my dude I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse. My dad died three years ago minutes of letting him know netflix had some old cowboy movies to see. Either way, man it never gets easy man. You have my condolence. My first statement is about knowing/sudden.
  5. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

My condolences to you and your family. Rest easy.
    • Like x 2
  6. CHUD Loyal Player

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
    • Like x 2
  7. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

I am so sorry for your loss. Quoting Mycroft Holmes from BBC's 'Sherlock:' "All lives end, all hearts are broken." One thing he overlooked was the toll taken on those who loved the person to whom the life belonged to. It is obvious by your nature that he was a good man, loved by many. He seemed to have purpose, and that's why we live. The one thing I cannot wrap my head around, though, is why you would post it on the forums. I'm not trying to be insensitive and I know people grieve in different ways, but that's just me. Again, I am sorry for your loss.
    • Like x 1
  8. WildcatHunter Committed Player

My brother I walk a similar road. My dad is close to losing his battle with the same beast. One of his first thoughts upon hearing that he was terminal was how many wrongs he had done people he had hurt etc.... My reply was "pops we all have moments we wish we could have back". Since then this has been my mantra I try to think a little more react a little less. God bless you and all the peoples lives your father touched. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and if you ever need encouragement pray first send me a private message second.
    • Like x 1
  9. Has2besaid Committed Player

Sincerest of condolences.
    • Like x 1
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I know I'm just some random stranger over the internet but if you need someone to talk to, feel free to approach me any time. Talking helps.
  11. TheWhiteFace New Player

Typing helps too. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, but this really reminded me of 'Boy Meets World' in the episode 'We'll Have a Good Time Then.' Really emotional episode. I'm sorry for what you are going through.
    • Like x 1
  13. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

Very sorry to hear! My mother passed away three years ago from cancer an also did the home hospice so I know what you are going thru .... Stay strong an things will get better if ya ever want to talk just send a shout!an agian I send my condolences!
    • Like x 1
  14. shermantank813 New Player

When someone dies it's only their body. The energy or soul lives on forever... He's not gone he just changed. Sorry for your lost but he is still here
    • Like x 1
  15. WonderValkyrie New Player

sorry for your loss TC, i lost my mom last december and losing a parent is one of the worst feelings in the world as nothing is ever the same again. RIP to your dad
    • Like x 1
  16. Weapon meX New Player

My Condolences to you and your Family.

In this life, Family is the most important aspect of living. Mourning is natural and so are the emotions that come with it. Remember to take all the time you need to process and reflect, as well to be around Family. Together you'll make it through another day.

Above all else, always remember your father's smile and the moments you've shared.
    • Like x 1
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It's interesting that you would reach out here so soon after a loss to let us know how you feel. I hope that you find comfort wherever you seek it.

My father died of cancer at only 55, right around when this game went free to play. I don't really talk about it, but that's one of the things that got me into this game, and kept me playing it. He was one of those kids who's mother threw out all his comic books, including a quite a few first appearances and number-ones. He used to tell me the "true" origin stories of characters on TV, and a lot that you still won't find on TV. Even though he had some Marvel characters he was into, he was definitely a DC guy. Seeing DC lore in DCUO is very comforting in that way.
  18. Billy Sparks Committed Player

I know what you are going through all too well.
    I am only 36 years old but have lost a mother, a father, and a wife to cancer. I know it's not true but sometimes I feel like I am Doctor Manhattan.

You just have to hold on and keep chugging along.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mesmer New Player

I am so sorry for your loss. Having had a grandmother and a grandfather die in hospice care, I know what it's like, waiting for "it". Hospice makes it simpler, but it never makes it easy. My prayers go out to you.
  20. Dezaras Loyal Player

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mother in 2011 and I still miss her and struggle without her. I wish you all the best and hope you get through this difficult time.