Server Downtime - October 10, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I take it as an example that Sabigya shared to demonstrate that a person can generally accumulate marks faster in lair battles vs the other match types. Yes, 2 vs 2 lair battles do generally take longer than the Batcave and Inner Sanctum (2 vs 2) match types. Just the distance it takes to get to get into position for battle enhances the time. The only way I see Inner Sanctum and the Batcave taking as long as lair battles is if a team dispatches their opposers "very quickly".

Lair battles are designed (intentionally or unintentionally) to be shorter. As long as the node(s) (Batcave or Inner Sanctum) are contested the match they can go on and on until the timer expires. While lair battles are only based on the players ability to reduce one opponents health to zero at least three times.

Review: In Lair battles, it only takes teams ability to reduce one opponents health to zero three times to win (not counting the timer). In Node battles, it takes a teams "ability" and their positioning on the nodes to reduce the opposing's teams score to zero to win.

Bottom line: The need for a team to position themselves on a node that can be can be contested makes node battles the longer match type.

Pragmatism: Why do people generally favor lair battles vs the other match types? I believe it is because of the "short" time frame it takes to complete Lair battles. Yes, there may be other variables such as fun factors or queue times. However, I do not believe it is the main focus. In general, this community has time and time again chosen paths of least resistance. Usually being the shortest distance between where they are and their goal. This time has no difference.
    • Like x 1
  2. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

The longest time it can take to complete a lair battle would take longer for Inner Sanctum and the Batcave match types. As long as the nodes are contested the match can go on and on until the timer expires. While lair battles are based on the players ability the node battles are based on the players positioning on the nodes.

I recommend seeing the above post for more details.
  3. Spacewind New Player

Will throw my stones on the field...

I can spend some little time on PvP a week because PvE takes most of the time, so i would like to get the most i can from PvP in that time.
    So why should time spent in battle be the reason to shorten rewards? It doesn't make sense especially in terms of gear cost.
    Yes Lairs bring a portion of fun in my gameplay but there is some point (most of the time) that the prior reason is to get marks to buy gear. Usually it takes long to get in PvP arena/legends fight ( at least for me) so Lairs, as well as other deathmatch arenas seem the best choice for people like me.
    In terms of multy-characters players it's even worse...
    I myself have 5 toons 1 of them is 98 PvP CR and other not even 96 PvP CR now... how long will it take me to get that gear+styles+feats for all of them?

I've always thought that PvP is competition on the 1st place and not farming, unfortunately it seems reversed now...

If the problem is in gear leveling then why don't try design the "legends like" arena, were you get universal arena gear once entering it? Everybody will be equal then :/

It's great you can get equipment mods and styles with MoV. I personally don't think collecting marks to get what you need should be the reason to argue. One of my main points is that there are people like me who can't spend all days/nights on the game so they need chance to get what they need too. Increasing time of leveling (incl. SP) is not what makes the Game intersting, in fact sometimes it kills the Game. There must be balance BUT ALSO some engaging factor.

P.S.:

Applying too many fixes like the one related to lairs sometimes make the Game seem a big sinking boat with whole bunch of patches here and there :/

Sorry for grammar and vocabulary :/
    • Like x 1
  4. True Lasombra Well-Known Player

Stop acting as a baby!! Maybe they don't want to have the same little bunch of people been DCUO main Communuty and want to give chance to everybody! So many left already cause they see this game belongs only to the powerful who invest theor lifetime in here! Same thing for pvp world...It's the desert! Wonder why lol!!
  5. winter13 New Player

I favor lait battle over the Batcave because I don't like the Batcave. Oh, and I need the Lair Battles feats too, because I'm done with the Batcave. The lair battles feats are the last two feats I have for Home Turf. Now, I still have to get 1,000 wins, but I earn 1/3 of the marks while doing it. The change makes no sense at all.

I dropped lair battles from my rotation and only que up for the Australia and safehouse/hostage, because those are the other feats I need. At least I'll earn marks running those. Oh well, I'll get lair battles done someday.
  6. SpeedM4xBR New Player

WILL PUTTING THE MISTAKE THAT THIS HAPPENING TO PC ??? PLEASE ME THAT GAVE INSTRUCTIONS
  7. SpeedM4xBR New Player

AE I SPEAK IN SUPPORT you do not take BALL TO THE PROBLEMS OF PLAYS TO 1 AE TAO OR WITHOUT PLAYING NOW THINK OF PLAYING FOR Q WILL ONCE AND PRO PEOPLE SPEAK HERE NOT PLAY DC UNIVERSE IN WHICH THEY ARE NOT AND OR NOT VAO AE TE HELP AT ALL THANK YOU FOR YOUR aTTENTION THAT **** NOT HAD NO
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Is the team aware of the spears not spawning (again) in The Gates of Tartarus's initial boss fight? That bug returned after GU 41.
    • Like x 2
  9. SpeedM4xBR New Player

sou brasileiro um to nem ae vocês tao nem ae pra isso também era fan da dc universe mais agora com essa falta de comprençao de merda nem pra tenta ajuda voces se vijirao de surdo so querem sabe de dinheiro seus merda um jogo bom desce desperdiçado com essa pocaria de atualização:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: da merda entao dc univerce enfia esse seu dinheiro no cu :cool:
  10. niteravn Active Player

OK.....this lair battle 2v2 and non-lair 2v2 and reduction in Marks. It is stupid. First, we have 1000 lair battles for a feat. Entirely too many. It should have been 750 then 1000 but I digress. We NEED the wins for the feat so we should get the full marks for the win not having a reduced rate because the lairs are being "farmed" to get the marks faster to buy the armor. If you, DEVS, want to make the game fair and even across the board, instead of change how people are rewarded for playing within the rules, ENFORCE THE DAMN RULES. STOP THE HACKERS THAT MAKE DOING PvP UNBEARABLE. I have seen the speed hacker in 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, and have reported it to no avail. I put the hackers on my "friends" list to see if the still log on. They always do. They laugh about hacking and at SOE because SOE doesn't care as long as people are playing. Make to PvE content as hard as you (SOE) want. I don't care and look forward to the challenge. But reward properly and stop the players that are hacking into your system and bringing down everyone else. The PvP feats are my last major group to get for Skill Points. I stop playing PvP because of the cheating that was going on. I play the Legends for the Lair Battles BECAUSE it is a little bit more balanced. It can still be hacked but not as bad and it is a lot more obvious when it is done. Stop put a Band-Aid on the wound and get stitches to close it up. Put the Marks back to what they should be and fix the other problems that the game has. I welcome a reply form Mepps or ANY of the DEVs on this issue.
  11. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Horrible decision. The devs are punishing everyone for a problem that wasn't even all that serious. AGAIN, I might add(prestige diabolical).

Lair battles are the most convenient way to earn gear for people that aren't all that hot about PvP. Or even people who simply enjoy the quick pace of the mode. So what if people were throwing matches?! Yes, some people do it. But was it really needed to punish everyone for it? The devs don't realize that this is not the way to fix this problem. In fact all they had to was decrease the loss reward! Now instead of people simply throwing matches, they simply just won't que up for lair battles, and move on to the other 2v2 mods. This spreads a very contained "problem".

It's a bad solution and hurts everyone EXCEPT those who were the reason for the change. It also hurts that map. Who would que up for it other than for feats now? What they should have done was up the rewards for winning in other modes. And perhaps decrease the loss reward for lair battles specifically... But certainly not a decrease of this magnitude.

Here is a good idea from long ago. https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/scaling-marks-of-valor-rewards.187198/
    While the idea is outdated and flawed, I think it provides a good basis on how marks should be distributed

in conclusion: Nice job devs for once again solving a non-issue. You guys are very good at that.
  12. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Yes I can confirm this a buddy and I 2-manned gates last night, after the 1st 4 birds were dead no spears spawned, luckily we're both 108cr and were able to just burn through the other 4 birds healing but I can just imagine how difficult it would be for people at that tier level.
    • Like x 2
  13. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Can someone explain to me... How someone comes to the conclusion of nerfing Lair 2v2, yet somehow doesn't feel the need to buff 8v8s and 5v5s and etc? Seems like half-baked change, only designed to hurt players.
    • Like x 2
  14. KnightFalz Active Player

Why would a change of reward to one type of match necessitate changes in rewards for the others?

There is no reason why this must automatically be so.
  15. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

No time to fiddle around with broken game elements when there is important taking away duties to be done!
    There are pressing matters like a T6 vendor chest is still worth 450 prestige that needs to get reduced to 4 and T6 drop gear is still worth 1 prestige, figuring out how to drop that to .01 is gonna take awhile.
  16. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Question, why would you complain then?

That system isn't going to last...save some money and step up, it's not going to get better for you on PS3 complaining or not!

This is a well known fact that this game can only go so far on that very old tech.

Get use to it or step up, not much more can be said...

IA ARMY
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Well, in their defense. Bug fixes such as gates spear is a different team than the reward teams.

I do agree that they have basically just made tributing completely worthless.
  18. iawgom New Player

I like those people, they made achieving the Shutout & All Their Base feats (5-in-a-row & 1000 wins, respectively) virtually effortless.
  19. iawgom New Player

Agreed. Ever since the PS4 launch last year, PS3 users have been at an inherent disadvantage; enemies are allowed to attack for several seconds before the player has an opportunity to defend, which frequently impedes group progress. Since the supposed aim of GU41 is to level the proverbial playing field, this issue should have been a priority, but they are probably hoping PS3 users instead buy a PS4, since it's most likely too late to segregate the server. Still, as long as a feat or mission is more difficult on a PS3 than a PS4, the playing field will never be level. On a related note, I hope they stop adding PS3 trophies; 102 is enough for our neglected minority.
    • Like x 1
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Wait, I see nothing about this in the update notes. What tribute values were changed (and why is there no information about it in the update notes)?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.