Preview: New Movement Variant Skimming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. RogerBlack Committed Player

^^^ Agreed.

Devs should clench the fists, spread the feet apart just a little bit more, and bend the knees slightly.
    So that our toons just look 'ready for action'. Even when idle.

In these pics below... Superman, Flash and even Captain America are much closer to what the updated 'stance' is missing, imo. These poses look like they 'mean business'. Whether Hero, or Villain. (And the slight twist in Captain America's torso is a very nice touch, I'd say)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. xXDrstrangeXx New Player

GUYS PLEASE ITS THE DAY FOR MY MONTHLY REAWRD 10/4/14 and its not giving me my 500sc and yes I clicked claim reward. please fix it.
  3. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

I finally got my reason to get rid of flight. Should I go acrobats or, superspeed? I got a comical toon this will work for but, nothing else.
  4. wulff420 New Player

that looks pretty awesome
  5. Endorsed New Player

I love this movement mode variant, but it lacks style in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, flying around on two (energy discs) is awsome!! but wouldn't flying around on a jetboard or Shield be 10xtimes cooler. <hopefully those two items I pointed out turn into possible accessories to be purchased in the market place, sometime in the near future. 1last thing, we should get a "Static Shock" inspired DLC lol jk but seriously we should.
  6. JReel New Player

Yeah but I got the feats for all SS and Acro. Flight as I know I have a few but not all. Will eventually get those feats as well
  7. Cataclyzm New Player

I really want to see something like this for the idle pose:

[IMG]

Makes it look more intimidating and ready for action!
    • Like x 2
  8. DangerousDPS New Player

No one else is pissed you can't change the color of the discs?

I get that the devs want to "cash in" on the specific powerset disc styles but it's ridiculous you can not change the color of the original discs....this factor changed this from a day 1 buy to a NEVER for me....
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

They announced that it's going to tint with your main color.
    • Like x 1
  10. DangerousDPS New Player

Thanks for the info....much better
  11. UltraVillain Committed Player

Not for me, but it does look rather cool.

In terms of how it looks in motion the answer is terrific but when stationary some thought should be given to the players chosen mood, powerful, Serious, Flirty etc, that standing pose will not suit many methinks.
  12. The K-os X Active Player

ehm ok ..you want a pose ? well think about it ...its flying pose ...want different moods ? its a plain and simple NO.

Why no? simple ..if they do that ..they would need to implement different moods in the flying pose as well and speed and acrobatics to...so ye ..plain and simple ..its a NO :p

But let me be clear ..would like so much to have different moods :((
  13. Buckley Loyal Player

two feet on a static object is different from having two objects for two feet. and hobgoblin rides a type of glider(rocket assisted).
  14. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

lol ok buddy
  15. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I am also hoping they change the idle pose to something more intimidating... the idle pose for regular flight is much more aggressive than the current 'wide arm/open fingers' pose for skimming. I like the pose of the Mr. Miracle action figure above, something like that is the look we need for skimming.
  16. Nightbare13 New Player

I bet all the GOKU toons wld love a flying nimbus look
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

What's the ETA on this hitting test?
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Captain Liberty implied on the last FNL that it would be this week.
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  20. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l'm not going to use Skimming, but this l support, it would be great. But why don't do it? That declining has probably one of two reasons:
    1. They deleted old "balerina" stance completely, don't even leaving backup file, which probably wasn't too smart.
    2. They dontvont heave PS3 memory.
    Why? Personality "Powerful" uses different idle poses, personality "Flirty" as well. What is cost to add extra char anim to make 2 idle poses instead of 1. A fortiori BOTH OF THEM are already prepared (feminine one shown in this thread, in case file for that wasn't deleted). One code string to trigger it on gender-specific characters. Boom, done. Do it, plz, common!
    • Like x 1