Preview: New Movement Variant Skimming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

I was wondering about this, too. What does using a shield look like, especially with the combo throws where the toon kicks up his leg? Do the disks stay? Martial arts was the other one, with all the flips and kicks. Just wondering how the animation is going to translate across the weapons gamut.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I think the discs stay on your feet. I watched the video again and he uses the HB scissor kick ranged move. Anything with a kick is going to look weird.
    • Like x 1
  3. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Yup. Weird indeed. But super-speed looked goofy to me when I first made a speedster and now it's old hat. Guess we'll get used to it, eh?
  4. JReel New Player

Looks cool but since it won't reset the movement feats I already acquired to help me farm for more SP then I am passing on respecing to it. I will stick with speed. Now if you guys ever add a Silver Surfer type flight movement then I will mos def get it lol.
  5. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Wow this is very exciting! I hope that my thread about movement modes can be looked at and taken into account on this new movement mode kick. Mepps! Spytle! There's a link in my signature! Please check it out! The original post reply # 50 and 57 are great ideas with animations that are already in game! Please take a look!
  6. zicmik New Player

everyone is here to look at skimming mode.
    but im just sitting here waiting for the rorschach's mask style
  7. DCUController New Player

it will change you movement feats to flight though as your SS movement so you will have flight based feats to get. So thats a plus.
  8. KnightFalz Active Player

It is indeed more likely that my thinking was wishful rather than practical.

This could well be a case where less change leads to more benefit for the player base, as it would provide more movement options to better meet character concept while avoiding extra work.
    • Like x 1
  9. PolarStHudson New Player

10 Dollars is a lot to pay for a 'reskin'. Its funny how they keep calling it a 'reskin' but they want you to pay for it like its a completely new movement type. 5 dollars makes a lot more sense is its not actually a movement.
    • Like x 1
  10. MrJinggles Level 30

Just a suggestion for super speed would be slide because like killer frost she didn't fly in the comics she created ice under her feet, and you could use almost the same animations for it.
    But it looks great the animations seem to be fluid and well done great job guys.

But yeah I agree with PolarStHudson 10 is a bit too much. o_O
  11. GREENKNIGHTER New Player

When does it comes out because I want the new movement I cant wait nad I want ask if I need a DLC for that or ist it F2P, pls F2P I dont want buy another DLC pls F2P New Movement (Sorry for bad English)
  12. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

I like the skimming movement itself, legs go side to side..neat! I'm just not a fan of the white disks, I'd be ok with black disks, or even silver.
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Have Multiple Objects for skimming instead of just Disk based, EXample Like a surfboard (silver surfer inspired), or a Glider (Hobgolin Inspired) that would be more awesome customization ..

Thumbs up so they can see or if you agree!
  14. Smilk New Player

What about Teleport movment?
    • Like x 1
  15. ArkonAWOL New Player

I'm so excited for this! It matches my character style perfectly!!! My god I already bought my
    Respec. I want it and I want it now! :D
  16. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

Very nice. That move with a new power choice would make me so so happy.
  17. Ghostof91 New Player

Great job on the original default animation of skimming, hope you guys keep it that way.:rolleyes:

Edit: As far as white discs I can deal with that until other movement variations arrive.
  18. Cataclyzm New Player

Here's preview #2 in case yall missed it:

I'm still not sold on the idle pose, I think either clenched fists or going back to a more "balancing" type hand position would be better. I do love though the tinting option for the discs!!!
    • Like x 2
  19. kneelandbob71 New Player

I was just wondering if there will be a preview of the other movement variants? Or if there has been where can I see them? BTW, very excited, I cannot wait until I FINALLY get to purchase my membership and try this out
  20. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

The new default stance looks worse then then the 1st one. I actually was hoping to use the 1st skimming stance on my female character it would of been perfect. There should be a choice which default stance you want because the new stance looks really plain and dull. The other one had its own uniqueness
    • Like x 1