So Why Nightwing instead of Batman?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NCR RANGER, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Wish DCUO got licensing freedom of marvel game.
    So I guess we should expect Alfred inspired set named Gotham Knight MK2 or something similar since he was there as well? :D
    Yep. If we ever get an Aquaman DLC it should award us with Future Bats/Lex gear to bring back the ballance :cool:
    We can't be sure about this. Maybe DC do not allow them to add another Batman suit in the game
    The thing is Nightwing's appearance itself is pretty basic and you can already create almost 100% accurate Nightwing clone in the game by using only starting styles(and make it even closer after you get Protege chest). Even though I like the new pvp style set itself, there are a lot of better inspiration characters(in terms of appearance) for sets.
  2. Crimson Jonni New Player

Nightwing is way cool. Imo he's cooler than Batman, always has been. He's up there with my favorite characters
    • Like x 3
  3. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Dick Grayson was Batman, so, technically....
    • Like x 3
  4. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I have a tendency to really like all the Batman support characters...they usually turn out extremely interesting...
  5. Crimson Jonni New Player

Yeah, nightwing and the huntress are probably my favorite batfamily characters. Couldn't care less about batman, batwoman, batgirl, and no one even likes Tim Drake anyway.
    • Like x 1
  6. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Whoa...I like Timmy...Now I like Red Hood, too (used to hate that guy).
    • Like x 2
  7. Crimson Jonni New Player

I feel like Jason Todd's character as the Red hood had some great development. He seemed minor pre-52, but it almost seems like he should get the red lantern treatment and get his own series
    • Like x 2
  8. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Thingamabob! like the BATMOBILE!!!!!!!!! We need a cool side kick car or trinket or something. All these boo character sidekick pet trinkets & why not a bunch of bats or one big boo bat or something?! Comment & add on my trinkets thread.
  9. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

It's crazy it's like their dancing to the music I'm currently listening to. Eminem ft Rihanna "The Monster"
  10. Archangel Rafael New Player

marvel-game's license capital S U X. They rlease new characters one at a time. Its dumb.
  11. Nirvana 93 Well-Known Player

We didn't get anything for Superman's 75th and there wouldn't be a Batman without him, be glad you got anything at all.
  12. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

It "sux" that much that they even can add stuff from the movies or tie in content with the release of the movies o_O Heck DCUO even not allowed to add something like Steam trading cards for the game. Again wish DCUO's licensing "sux" like marvel's.
    Probably had nothing to do with licensing - they just release one when they create one. If you wasn't paying attention to the soe live keynote, there are plans to release content in smaller parts but more frequent in dcuo as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. Senshirou Committed Player

First off you're doing to much with all the exclamations. Secondly, I think you got the wrong idea from my post because I'm happy it's not something else batman. I'm sorry if I'm one of the few that's tired of seeing batman or stuff relating to him in-game. But we all know eventually the devs will do something batman inspired again down the line, whether it be another 8 skins for legends, raids, gear, whatever. All of you batman heads will get something to be glee about. That's what I was tryna get at.
  14. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yeah I was being ober sarcastic. As we all know the vehicle to ride in has been brought up along with others. I do think a bat trinket would b pretty sweet like one of the boos. Having a dog sidekick would b cool like krypto. Anyways, I was just joking around with all the !!!!!!!
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Dang, I like my Super Shredder look (Tier 3 Sunstone's Edge). I made it work for me on my tank.
    • Like x 1
  16. BATWlNGdccu Active Player

If you like the TDK suit you'll love the chest, as the Gotham Knight chest is clearly heavily based on the TDK suit. But WB doesn't really like Batman fans I guess, since you can look like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash, but you can't look like Batman.
  17. BATWlNGdccu Active Player

But it's Superman Universe Online, Wonder Woman Universe Online, Green Lantern Universe Online, and Flash Universe Online? Because I can look like all of those characters, but not like Batman. There's no real logic behind only having one chest item with a bat symbol and not a single head item that is a batman-esque (covered nose, bat ears, mouth exposed). I'm not even overly concerned about getting a Batman cowl. I just want the bat symbol. Other characters have that symbol and they're not Batman. The symbol doesn't make Batman. But because the game isn't Batman Universe Online, we can't have more Batman-like gear? Again, if that's the case, why do we have gear from the other founding JL members?

PS: Quite frankly, there are only 3 things I want that are Batman related: bat emblem (could be batgirl's, batwoman's, batman beyond's, red hood's, or batman's bat emblem), cape gliding for acrobat gliding, and sometime down the road, an eventual vehicle feature where we can spawn drivable, armed vehicles through the use of trinkets. Why? Why these three, and in general, why do batfans want batman gear? Because we want to be like our chosen mentor. Those three things would help bat mentees be like Batman.
    • Like x 1
  18. JonnyD New Player

Poor superman.
  19. BATWlNGdccu Active Player

But there are several Superman-themed items in the game already. It's easy for you to say that when you have those items in the game.
    • Like x 1
  20. HoodWarbler New Player

The nightwing style looks amazing. Just stop whining about it. Jesus if its not the mask it's something else related to batman's person. ''Why not...to get the batman mask''. ''Why not.....to get a decent armor of batman''. I love batman but damn you people will just never stop do what solowing said and leave a message. Just be happy they did the okay to the nightwing style it looks just like it would if they actually put nightwing in the dark night rises.
    I know batman is awesome. he's actually one of the most amazing thought out character's in dc (in my opinion). But stop with the complaining one day they'll do the ok til then just be patient and be grateful we get one more style from the bat family.
    http://www.dcentertainment.com/contact
    • Like x 1