So Why Nightwing instead of Batman?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NCR RANGER, Sep 30, 2014.

1. NCR RANGER New Player

I mean it is still the 75th anniversary after all. Was this just to spite fans? It sure seems that way, just like the Aquaman Armor during Origin crisis.
    • Like x 1
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Dark Specter Batsuit.
    • Like x 1
  3. NCR RANGER New Player

#no
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

something called #licensingrestraints SOE cannot make ANY iconic sets of gear without getting the OK from DCcomics first. So you got an issue with why you got this instead of that?

http://www.dcentertainment.com/contact

leave them a message
    • Like x 13
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Oh joy, a new approach.
    • Like x 2
  6. Batman SI New Player

I think I see where this is going.....
    • Like x 1
  7. NCR RANGER New Player

I'm just saying you got to admit the outfit is pretty bland. I mean come Gotham Knight? The only time Dick got that title was when he WAS Batman. Even the gear sets name is cringe worthy. The only redeeming quality is the utility belt.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

The Atlantean Monarch was a total troll to the Hero side. Probably one of the ugliest sets in the whole game.
    • Like x 12
  9. NerdOfPrey Creative Director

http://www.comicvine.com/batman-gotham-knights/4050-7207/

That was the inspiration for the name. It's OK to not like something though. I don't much care for large amounts of cilantro.
    • Like x 35
  10. Tye Hailstorm Well-Known Player

lol wut? Nightwing Inspired ANYTHING in this game is Pretty awesome. Once it comes Out, Im gonna grind my Life away to finish the set just so i can rock the Full set in PVE and PVP when I use my DPS Load out.
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

• Like x 3
  12. Sardik New Player

Dont we have enough of Batman or the bat family? Dc have a lot good characters still to put in game.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sbel Devoted Player

BS. The Atlantean Monarch may not be as good as Manta but it's still a very nice looking style set, much better than any of the T3 or T4 sets.
    • Like x 3
  14. Zues New Player

We can never have enough of the Bat family. We have too much GL stuff if you ask me. All personal preference though. So whatever floats your boat.
    • Like x 2
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

We have too much of both. We need Section 8 inspired content.

#Section8Initiative
    • Like x 4
  16. BumblingB I got better.

The T3 sets are also ugly, though I think the Controller one sans helm and back, is probably the best of the 4. In any case, I said one of. :p It's like comparing dirt from two different locations. Still dirt. :p

Manta was a good set. A very good set. Actually, villains side has some of the better looking sets for vendor gear or the most interesting.
    • Like x 3
  17. Avian Dedicated Player

I actually really like the Nightwing style. It's slick, has good detailing, has the paneled sort of appearence that makes it look a bit like armor but not too bulky. I'd like to have more styles like this one because they are very good to mix with other styles there are currently in game.
    • Like x 4
  18. Blight KOBRA Commander

One of the reasons I'm glad to be a villain. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  19. Sardik New Player

About 15 legends of the bat family(3 bats....), 10 lanterns and 6 kryptonias, we have all the batcave storyline, the timeline crisis(Flash dont do nothing) and even at the Amazons fury you can see the Bat, we still have all the justice league to explore.
  20. Zues New Player

Wow talk about obscure! :p