How do you make in game cash these days?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by cravex15, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Skyfairy New Player

I like to think I'm a bit of a pro at making cash, so my views are this;

There are two ways to making money IMHO. You can either go for the small value but consistent way ie exobits, or go for the big ticket items which are subject to the RNG and thus can be very hit and miss.

I personally go for the slow and steady way. Farming bits I can make about 2 million an hour say (EUPS server), which on appearances isn't much at all. But I make sure I do at least an hours farming a day (helps for the gather feat also) which in just a couple weeks is almost 30 million, it adds up really quickly. Another advantage of exo farming is you will almost always sell your bits :D

Big ticket items are the usual suspects - kick me sign, CC hood, green kryptonite etc and yes it's great if you get one but you could spend many wasted hours trying to get such a rare drop. Also because the demand for such expensive items is significantly less you could end up wasting a fortune on broker fees repeatedly listing big ticket items.

If you do want to try your luck with the RNG I suggest the furniture items that give feats. In particular look out for playhouse/mystical armoires, playhouse dining tables and a few other pieces which can be worth a fortune (sold a playhouse dining table the other month for 15mil). Best place to get those furniture items are T1-3 solos, duos and alerts, often from the reward box.

So my advice would be the slow and steady exo method, the relatively small amounts add up very quickly. Chasing big name items more often than not ends up wasting a lot of valuable time for very little reward.
  2. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Can premium not salvage? Salvaging is what gives you complex and simple materials.

I salvage for the feat, and I do it so often that I have been deleting simple and complex material or ages now. If I knew they were in demand I'd put on broker super cheap. Any one making money of complex materials is a bit cheeky, sort of like those people who sell junk
    • Like x 2
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

sit on your plasma auras and when theres not many around anymore then sell
    • Like x 1
  4. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Yeah I agree. Someone else suggested selling complex materials and even those I see now is a waste of time to try to even sell.
    I am the same, I get complex and simple materials like candy all the time from salvaging. So much so that I starded deleting them or selling them for quick cash at the soda vendor. Complex materials are not as rare as they used to be anymore. Just the other week I saw stack of complex materials for about $800 bucks in the broker. At that price I'd rather just keep 'em and use them myself and or delete them.

That's the best suggestion I have heard yet on these auras. And I was actually just thinking about doing that too.
    I will probably buy a few more and then wait for the booster sale to be over, let some time pass and then *boom*......$$$$$$$!
  5. Captain Domino Committed Player

I get my hustle on and work the corners. I'll easily make 10mil in 10-20min. Sure you'll come across some piggish people but, you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
  6. Redscreen5 New Player

Wha'ts the point selling it straight away ? I got a green + red nimbus and orange plasmic. I'll leave them in the bank for a few months and once all the existing ones have filtered out, it will be classed as a rare. I did the same with the Nimbus Aura. Like someone above said, buy low sell high
    • Like x 1
  7. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Same way I always did, by beating other players at AH PVP.

Mwahahaha.

You will not get me to reveal my secret plan for world-domination just because I have you caught in a fool-proof death-trap!

Do you think I came right out of a comic book?
  8. JReel New Player

You missed one heavy hitter................Plans. I made 750k yesterday selling a Restoration and health VI mod plan I got as a drop from T6 content. I will only say that no one really buys a plan unless it is for cheap, rare and obviously a V expert or VI plan.
  9. JReel New Player

I don't see how they will be rare now considering the oh so "exclusive" red and plasmic auras made a return. Seeing as you were GUARANTEED a plasmic or nimbus in these bundles made the rarity of these auras drop a lot. You'll be a fool to think anyone will give you over 15 mil for a plasmic even months after the bundles have ended UNLESS they are desperate (which would them just make them a fool because they can buy one now for just 2 mil in the brokers). Hell I purchased a green and yellow plasmic for 4.2 mil total on day 1 of the bundles and the auras are actually selling for much cheaper now. I had purchased 1 booster bundle and got a smoke aura (sold it for 20 mil cause you can't even see the damn thing so it's worthless to me). Only rare items will remain the original nimbus, smoke aura or original plasmic. Hell even the red and green nimbus has a high price to a point. But any other aura is just a common item now. I mean I even see level 10's with plasmic auras lol.
  10. JReel New Player

That would be the case if you weren't guaranteed a plasmic/nimbus in these bundles. Or you can buy one for like 1.5 mil in the brokers. I swear everyone has at least one plasmic now.
  11. JReel New Player

My advice: Farm bits and sell. Get VI plans and sell them for cheap as well. Just don;t be greedy with the prices because I see people still charging 200K per bit stack lmao. This isn't 2013 anymore the damn bit stacks run at an ideal price of 110k-130k now (guaranteed sell).
  12. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I'll go backwards first

-Level 10's with Aura's - Probably alt's or friends of people who can give them Aura's, but the most likely reason is that they bought a booster bundle

-ARGGGGGGGHH!!!!!! - Smoke Aura for 20mil???!!??!?!?!?!?!!? That would have easily sold for 100mill

-Its not desperate people who will by plasmics months later but just people who missed the booster bundle due to not playing at that time, or not having money (real money) at the time to purchase a booster bundle. Seasonal items are proof of this, since there are no seasonal events at the moment, try checking the broker for seasonal items. I keep seeing the Nice List (Christmas Collection) in the broker for 800k-1mill and they are easy as pie to pick up during the season. Once the booster bundle stops being sold, and once the aura's currently in the broker sell, the price will re adjust accordingly, maybe not to the overly high prices of nimbus auras, but definately between 10-20mil. Only time will tell I guess, but it's certainly not foolish IMHO
    • Like x 1
  13. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Game cash isn't needed to progress (outside the money cap), which is why demand for particular items isn't so high anymore. That works out for SOE as people can progress to their more recent DLC releases (anything remotely 'new/fresh'), but it also means it has had the effect of normalizing prices on the broker after the 2 money exploits killed the game economy. Smoke auras are still going to get people to cough up millions, but otherwise, you can make 100k just from cash rewards running T6 content - and that was only when AF was out. With HoP out there now you can probably make double that. Run alts and move cash around, and you can finally, effectively make a nice chunk of change from playing actual mission content. You'll still make more by farming rares, but it's not the only viable avenue now.
    • Like x 1
  14. JReel New Player

Again I will say this is all a form of being desperate considering how bundles have transitioned from being a lottery to now being a sure thing. So why burn 40-60 mil on an overpriced plasmic when you can wait for the next Booster Bundle events and get one for 2 mil? Exactly my point is these are no longer rare styles so the demand is not high as it used to be. Therefore, since there is much more supply than demand for these new auras (excluding smoke aura), the pricing will remain relatively cheap or you won;t make a profit. Simple economical laws we live by. The logic you guys are applying was indeed the case only because the former booster bundles was a lottery and to obtain anything other than a regular purple aura was an achievement in itself. They even put the red and blue plasmics in the current Booster Bundle that was deemed "exclusive" to the previous bundle. This indicates now that plasmics are just seen as another common aura and shall be treated as such. Nimbus will remain rare and therefore you may have a point pertaining to that style. But as far as plasmics goes, if this discussion is not about the original plasmic, none of what you stated applies.

BTW, I sold my smoke to a good acquaintance for 20 mil. I don't even need a lot of money I don't buy anything. Having 100 mil will be a waste; at least for me. Unless I plan on spending money on nonsense I will consistently having 10 mil-20 mil in my bank and remain comfortable with that amount. Anything above is not ideal and certainly not necessary.
  15. JReel New Player

Exactly and the fact that the plasmics are so common now the pricing is decreasing over time. Anyone thinking they can sell a plasmic 4 months from now for 60 mil is simply delusional.
  16. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

As my buddy Jim Cramer says " Sell Sell Sell!"

If your looking for that big ticket item that will make you instantly rich good luck with that, sell everything you can for whatever price you can get is the best way to keep $ rolling in, as you start selling more stuff you will know the items you want to put in the AH asap & items you can just hold for a bit. When new base items are released sell those no matter how much you think you want it since within a week they will be down to junk status.
  17. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Are you married yet?

It will also ruin an organized closet and expecting to find the car keys where you left them.
  18. DaTruthBeTold New Player

Ppl are broke and the ppl that do have money hold on to it since its hard to get now a days.
    The things that are worth cash now a days is rare base items and anything that has to do with completing feats.
  19. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

T
    The Logic I am implying is the same logic I used for seasonal collections & items. People could wait for the next one to come round every year, but they don't, they buy at ridiculous prices. Really there's no point in arguing here, let the OP post again a few months letting us know how much he sold his aura's for and we can continue this discussion.

Plasmics will never be treated as common aura's because they are not available from promethiem lockbox's, thats what makes standard aura's so cheap.

BTW - I assume you have completed all you collections? Styles that can be bought from the broker? Base items? - Personally if I had 100mill I would have bought all of those items to get the feats from them to make my Toon better. Clearly since you didn't do that I assume you have all the collections, have completed all the base collections, and bought all of the styles that give feats.

Seriously dude I know you think it sounds witty but try not finishing your comments in such a argumentative way "none of what you stated applies' & 'not ideal & certainly not necessary' - These are intentionally but unnecessarily argumentative. I won't bother deconstructing it though, you seem to have your mind made up, lets just wait for the original OP to respond in a few months
    • Like x 1
  20. JReel New Player

No one is denying that people will go beyond measures to obtain an item simply because they lack patience, hence why I label those individuals as being "desperate". My sentiment is simply plasmics are so common now you will be a fool to think you are selling a plasmic for a very high price and making a profit. There are a plethora of folks with the same mentality: buy a few booster bundles, hold them and sell them to make a in-game profit. Problem is with competition in marketing/sales comes a compromise in pricing. A smart individual will speak to different individuals about their prices for a specific aura and ultimately buy the cheapest/best offer. Meanwhile the other folks will still be naive and stubborn and keep the price high because they want to make a couple extra bucks IN A GAME. They don't have to be available in prom boxes. The regular auras have been out so long if you don't have at least one by now or had one previously then you just have super bad luck (assuming this person has a membership). It all falls back on booster bundles GUARANTEEING you a plasmic/nimbus. So there is no longer a rarity for plasmics since they are so common in the bundles. I like how you are telling me not to argue here but you comment on my initial post so I assume you are fully prepared and capable of embracing debate.

I have completed most of my collections and still working on the styles but I am not desperate enough to buy them from the broker because again the principle of overpricing is one I do not support nor respect. I would rather try my luck farming for it which has been working out pretty well for me since I started to farm for style feats a month ago. Maybe mentally I just think differently or I am not in a rush to do things in a untimed, ongoing MMORPG such as DCUO. Completing everything now would just be no fun for me. The game is basically dull as it is now even with the T6 content.