I'm sick of high Tier Players in low Tier content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

Don't blame us, blame the system. No portals to all content "yet" (meaning lair base portals). Neither we have a system similar to other MMOs that evens the field downwards the actual content you enter (while giving you an alternative option via portals to overgear the content if any one wants that for whatever purpose). Content access is just what it is, unsatisifying solved.
    • Like x 4
  2. Profaci New Player

I hear you, but sometimes when you're a low level and you're going through an instance and its tough for you and your group and you get a T5 or T6 in there to help run through it....i ain't gonna lie that **** comes in clutch sometimes lol. But like i said i hear you, from start to finish a T6 running a T1 T2 can get annoying to the low levels. But in all, who really cares? Just beat the ****, get the drops, and move on to the next que up.
  3. Laz523 Well-Known Player

^ this, maybe the OP joined with the second type
    • Like x 1
  4. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

But there isnt.....

Only SOME alerts...
  5. Gucciana Committed Player

who cares if i wanna que for something im over geared for owell you dont make my choices i pay for the game aswell
    • Like x 3
  6. TheAllmightyLegate New Player

I will keep running LoA and CC until i get the Dang League of Assassins head!! more than 60 runs and still nothing :(
    • Like x 1
  7. rival exe New Player

I think this is only fair. You have my support OP.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The obvious answer is to run the mission with friends or Leaguemates.

Other then that.... not much choice but to bite the bullet.
    Either you leave and re-queue hoping to get a better group next time.... or you stick around and try to keep up with the overgeared player.
    • Like x 3
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Having the option wouldn't hurt. I for one would really like to play content at the pace it is meant to take for the purpose of learning a new rotation on a character that can't yet run tier 6 content. This last weekend I was playing around with Fire but I had no time to do any kind of rotation simply because 1 or 2 players in a group can solo it thus things die way too fast for a test. Now sure I could use Sparing Targets, and I do, but they don't reflect real gameplay.

Make my own group? For tier 1 content? There really isn't much LFG interest in content below 1 tier of current highest tier.

From talks I have been hearing about at SOE Live a sort of level sync system may be coming (won't go into detail as my information is second hand). I'll hope this comes sooner rather than later.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Give us the option to walk into an old alert/whatever solo and problem solved. Our goal isn't to screw lowbies out of an "experience", it's to get the damn loot THAT NEVER SEEMS TO DROP AFTER THREE YEARS OF RUNNING THE SAME INSTANCE OVER AND OVER. Ahem. Yeah. Walk ins would stop most of this.
    • Like x 3
  11. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Make your own... wait for it.... GROUP.
    • Like x 1
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Tried it; it doesn't work, at least not on USPC side. I ended up with tier 5 players even though I asked for players less than CR 70. I even was insulted for not wanting to breeze through the content, exclude roles, etc. It was an awesome time. I have a thread here if you guys are interested in the results of my little experiment.

If you guys want to single handedly fix the community so people can ask for content to be run with the appropriate groups, go for it.

I think Sabigya gets it, though. :-}
    • Like x 2
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

heres a thought OP why don't you just make your own groups for low level content instead of complaining about the q system

q takes long enough as it is to start so cutting out players will only make it take longer
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

See the post above yours. I just mentioned it doesn't work to make groups for lower content and also ask for lower CRs. People just grief players who do such things.
  15. True Despair Well-Known Player

i dont understand your logic. In order to queue up for certain things you need to have a CR of X or higher (43 53 70 etc)
    • Like x 1
  16. Radiohead New Player

what a waste of time. Instead of QQ'ng in forums about "OP" players how about you make some friends in your cr range if you don't like the que system.
    • Like x 5
  17. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Well we have an app where you can inspect them remotely and kick them from your group. Until you get players in the CR range you want.

As group leader you can kick inv whoever you want then que in.....problem solved.
    • Like x 1
  18. thedemonocus Loyal Player

than form a league and just add players close to your cr
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, this is also a solution people have mentioned in the past. Here's the hitch:

Many players are on alts when they run lower content. They are looking to gear up fast and furious, so newer players looking to run at CR content with players wearing similar gear will be left behind very quickly.

Fixing the queue system is about the only way to solve these problems, but most people in the community seem to be against it due to the low resources the developers have. Guess we'll just have to continue running people away from the game and/or allowing players to reach the top tier without knowing how to play their roles.
  20. Radiohead New Player

i just leveled a new toon on usps hero and solo q'd all the way up to 101cr. Not once during those 5 days did i q into a group with said "OP" players. and honestly once the OP gets to higher cr he will eventually find himself as a higher tier player in lower tier content for feats. this is a problem not worth adressing imo
    • Like x 1