Server Downtime - September 2, 2014 - Game Update 40!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 31, 2014.

1. theoverlord85 New Player

Wish the gadget pet was changed to be smaller and less in the way. But emp seems like it will be good. Im just hopping it isn't another throwing animation.
    • Like x 1
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

It's not. It is the same animation your toon does when using Bunker Buster.
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

You really do see the animation in your/a rotation :eek:

jk

Clip fest is back!
  4. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

thank u i know that, u can kindly stop explaining me what is wired and what is weapon buff... i also know that is clippable, i also played elec not so long ago. but ur comment that wired's 35% modifier wont be a problem any more after max dmg mod is what i was aiming at. It was never a problem! with proper rotation it was never a problem. It simply doesnt come into play when u are actually willing to look at ur dmg modifiers and play a bit with them. u seem to fail in understanding my point which is that a DPS should mby think first before clipping dot+weapon buff and then doing WM. But yeah, now u will get a "fix" with max dmg mod :rolleyes: so who cares about proper rotation :p
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

You don't know nothing about electric plus I'm not DoT based, I'm burst based. I'm not going to argue with you.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheRealZ4CK New Player

Thanks for yet again nerfing and completely changing how dps'n works in this game for all the cry baby's who complain about one power being stronger than the other. When the truth is your just bad dps and need to work on loadout/rotation, mods, and weapon. And anyone saying this is putting ice on an even playing field is crazy.
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Nice to know that YOU want to dictate to other players how they should play. :rolleyes: The FACT IS, this new Max Damage mod will allow all DPS players a CHOICE of rotation, instead of being stuck with a cookie-cutter, "use what everyone else is using" rotation. Is that what you consider a 'proper' rotation, what everyone else is using? I call that "cookie-cutter" and unimaginative. Being basically forced into a specific rotation just so you can finish on a small selection of powers just to get the highest damage modifier always sucked, especially if the power you wanted to clip with the highest modifier wasn't clippable- I've run into this before. So then the choice is, either clip with a lower damage modifier or be stuck in a longer animation just to get the highest. At least now with the Max Damage mod, that will no longer be an issue and ALL players can be free to create their own, unique rotations that THEY prefer to use.
    • Like x 5
  8. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

im not dictating how u should play, dmg modifiers were there for some reason and what i personally liked about them is that they made me THINK before i use something. but that has obviously became unwanted thing in this game. I give up, just not worth it any more, the rest of u can rub ur bellies with one hand and and occasionally press buttons on ur controller or keyboard/mouse with another hand and enjoy simplification with massive dmg numbers.
  9. Blue Spectrex New Player

Wow, no fix for chill effects? You just disable them and leave it at that? Disappointing devs.
    • Like x 1
  10. Blue Spectrex New Player

Sounds like someone's a little salty towards Ice DPS.
    • Like x 1
  11. Little Sister New Player

I believe it's a temporary thing, since Ice's AM is up next.
    • Like x 1
  12. P0wer Girl New Player

6 hours long downtime i hope they do something good to worth the time waiting
  13. L T Devoted Player

That's a fair point. Choice and freedom of play style is good. But there's a counter point: in giving players so much freedom, it's taking much of the skill out of the game. Now DPS players need to spend much less time learning how to use their powers and figuring out the right combinations of powers and weapons to use.

In fact consider this: for all power sets, don't even bother with that last rung of powers -- they use too much blue and they're not needed for the damage mod anymore. Just go for iconic buffs instead and work on getting the hit counter higher. And then you can run without a controller because you only need to use the cheapest power in the loadout to get the buff. I can see doing this and running with two pets and then you only need to use your cheapest power.

I'm not sure how the above scenario will pan out -- I haven't been on test. But I just described a pretty boring, sloppy style of play that is now enabled by the max damage mod.
  14. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Ice don't need it on their loadout ATM if they going to use Max Damage. They better off with a DoT power there for the time being.
  15. Michael17 Well-Known Player

16. Ciphey Well-Known Player

Most of Ice's non-WM dmg output was based on the Chill Effects PI (Ice's best powers were its best because they benefited from C.E PI). Every other power uses too much power for too little dmg. (Wintry Tempest, Res Gale.. I seriously cannot come up with other viable powers Ice would have left).
    • Like x 1
  17. MateusTmZ New Player

Mepps I wonder one thing I play a long time since I played and I could not add Sc (station cash) and still can not, I play by steam and yet when I click the value that I want to add my market and I have buga who will be leaving the game that could help me
  18. Lady Thren New Player

First thing Im going for is those damn Sharpshooter Legs. Then working out my Cel's loadout with Max Damage mod. #WIIIIIIIIN
  19. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Not in the least, I have an Ice DPS..Savage Snowman...Ice Lantern commented on HL's current state saying that it was fine and made HL players have to make tough choices (inspiration not a very viable choice in support tree). Now that the same situation is happening to Ice, he feels the need to complain....karma

You probably should not make ASSumptions because it makes you look silly. Hee haw.
  20. GammaGreenLantern New Player

They are not horrible, you're just overreacting.

Now Ice Players have to make hard choices, just like other powersets lol.
    • Like x 3