Overpopulated with DPS...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by JdGriM, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Octantis New Player

Players can play whatever they want, and rightfully should.

However, as a support role player first before I'm a Damage, it's incredibly annoying having a group of 3-4 Rage DPS in a group of 7, and have spent a half hour on LFG unsuccessfully trying to find a Tank.
    • Like x 5
  2. Xronim Level 30

I feel like i'm always solo healing in tier 4 with 5-7 dps and usually end up getting 2nd place in damage. My league has alot of support roles but when theyre not on I have to deal with people who spam basic ranged attacks with hand blasters which ends up being 2k damage out at the end of the raid for them.
    • Like x 2
  3. Opamp Committed Player

It's not overpopulated.

I would expect 50% of the players to be DPS - and that's approximately what my group composition is when I queue in an 8 player raid.

You technically have 6 roles:

Healer
    DPS
    Tank
    DPS
    Controller
    DPS

So that's all normal.

I would expect the Healer/Controller/Tank distribution to be a bit different based on people's power preferences.
    • Like x 1
  4. Seralpha83 New Player

Simple solution, switch to your other role. I remember this was the hint at the time of Amazon Fury. Remember those threads? Yeah, some of those dps could totally switch, and yet no one is asking them to, while the other roles are always underpopulated because "more burn". Don't they have an armory or something?
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I see this daily, as a league leader I pug a lot looking for new talent and stealing support roles from other leagues. I just let them know they will never be asked to solo heal or troll or tank .I ask them how often does this happen to you? Does your league allow this? Do you pug to get your support role gear? SonsOfGlitches will go the extra mile for our support roles. And we do.
    So I guess thank you shortsighted dps. Keep sending me your people.
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

This game provides nearly no knowledge about support roles.
    This is the reason why we have so many DPS's and many bad ones. They don't know how to utilize their support roles.
    Again, thanks to the game lack of teaching new players how to properly use their support roles we end up with overpopulated bad DPS's.
    Seriously, You would not believe how many times I had to tell a player to "scroll down for healer gear".
    • Like x 3
  7. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Disapeared you say? BS I SAY. TD quick run no healz shouts and lfg messages followed by
    Seeking solo heal and troll for our 5 dps run in necropolis and a n b and artifacts run. Disapeared. Lol. They were told they were not wanted.
  8. Biester New Player

I say eliminate the dps role, increase dps stats on support role gear, and add support benifits to dps powers. That way you are still "supporting" even if all you want to do is dps. I know, I know, "How do I downvote this post?"
    • Like x 4
  9. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Thats why i said they disappeared nobody wanted healers and people stopped healing so you rarely saw them anymore.
  10. xskateXX Well-Known Player

11. hudapak Well-Known Player

I'm a controller and I wear my support role with pride and honor. I never really play as a DPS only as a last resort. Same thing with my healer. I find support roles more exciting and challenging.
    • Like x 3
  12. Rocko Man Of Action New Player

[IMG]
    Now this was the worst intergang run I have ever had. you can tell by the power and heal out which is the troll & healer, but Abaddon is the tank... nuff said.
  13. Rocko Man Of Action New Player

You cant really blame the shortage of Support roles either. when people want the fastest burn they can get and dont want support roles in their group they change into dps and pug that way. the best way to get people to want them back is to get rid of the Roleless buffs and there will still be people who will do it anyway, but this way they will earn it.
    • Like x 2
  14. JdGriM New Player

I pretty much solo troll but that's because I'm in my own league. Just me no one else. So ya I pug for all my gear.

Just because that's your group doesn't mean its everyone's. Most raids I've been in, I like to help lower tier players often mainly cause I'm farming for styles, is composed of 5 DPS, 1 troll...me, 1 healer and 1 tank. I've seen this everywhere from T2 expert Kahn to Necropolis. Someone else mentioned about bad DPS players and ya I agree. Its sad that when on necropolis as a troll in my troll gear playing my role from start to finish can be top 3 on DPS.
    • Like x 1
  15. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

myself and everyone i play with utilizes both of their roles with numerous powersets. I have no idea where all this is coming from(most likely lfg though)
  16. JdGriM New Player

Pugs and lfg. Try finding a tank in lfg on the USPS villain side...holy crap it takes hella long. Same goes for a healer and troll. Putting a group together takes way longer than it ever should.
    • Like x 1
  17. SinestrosTaken New Player

Well what can I say? I love DPSin and if its any consolatiom to anyone, I'm good at it :p
  18. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

This is so true. There needs to be more in-game tutorials for players who don't visit the forums.
    • Like x 1
  19. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I agree with this. I didn't necessarily refuse to do so but the majority of the time I Tanked/Trolled/Healed was usually for DPS's that I know would get the job done. At least 95% of my PuG experience as a Support Role has led to me DPS'ing at some point in the run. Jesus, I remember tanking the Sentry in Paradox until he enraged and when he did they had only knocked off about 15% of his health. I was in tears.

My opinion on why there is so many DPS in general? DPS is the most competitive role and people always have something to prove. It's the only role where people can really numerically claim to be "The best" so many people play it and try to do just that. Of course, this definitely leads to a lot of inflated egos and/or poor team work but that's the way the role has always been played for the majority of the community. You'll rarely find a good DPS that knows how to play effectively as his/her role yet also still supporting the team.
    • Like x 4
  20. JdGriM New Player

My point exactly, so many DPS but so many are bad. When I can beat out a DPS in Intergang for top damage output and im a troll you're a bad bad DPS.
    If ya can't DPS you need to play your support role.
    • Like x 2