Why Max Damage DEVS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nemeses Prime, Aug 15, 2014.

1. FuryX New Player

At the end of the day I just don't want to see the game become so easy I get bored and quit.. I don't really want to argue with anyone because we don't really know their intentions but I can tell you I already feel this game is easy.

Damage boost across the board is a nerf to content I don't think anyone can dispute that.. maybe they want to get rid of the players that think the hp's on bosses currently is fine... I dunno.. I'm pretty sure I can only zombie steamroll myself through content so many times before I move on.
  2. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Dude you clearly did not understand anything I wrote....like I said in my original post if they changed the max damage mod to giving every DMG modifier a 10% increase then it would just be giving players an upgrade just to give them an upgrade, it would not in any way balance the powersets....

The Max Damage mod as is right now opens up more unique loadouts (less cookie cutter) and balances the powersets better...your idea for the mod to give every damage modifier a 10% increase would just give a boost to all DPS powers for no reason and would not balance any aspect of the game in the least....
  3. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Sorry if I misunderstood you then. Anyways if balance needs to be achieved by a 15k MoT mod, then.. What a lame and poor system we got.
    • Like x 5
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

I think its important to ask this as often as possible....how many people complaining in this thread have actually tested the max damage mod?

I rest my case.
    • Like x 3
  5. GammaGreenLantern New Player

100% agree with system being broken....like I said it does not matter to me any way this turns out but I do see the potential this mod has to give powersets more of a level playing field then before....
  6. GammaGreenLantern New Player

LOL you must be new? The devs themselves stated that HL and Celestial were the worst affected by WM....those powers were slowed down the most and have the highest power costs.....I know the best rotation for HL PERIOD. I will out DPS any of your toons with my 108 HL....like I said it does not bother me any way this turns out BUT I see the potential this mod has to give all powersets more of an equal playing ground....

Did you seriously ask me which rotations that would be equal or better with MD? The mod isn't on live yet genius so I have not been able to test/experiments with any of my toons yet....wow such ignorance.... Is that a real question?

An actual good question would be asking any of the small % of players that don't want this mod if they have even tried it out yet because if you have not tried it yet and are crying about it then just give your heads a shake

.. So have you? Yeah doubt it...

Hit me up on USPS so I can show you a proper HL rotation and kill you in damage....

GammaGreenLantern USPS HERO 108
  7. GDS Assassin Active Player

ok i just saw your post and uhhh.... fak this !
    wtf is the problem? in the next raids bosses will have a billions of hp, so, you will kill them in 3 hours. stop crying about this. everyone cry when dps get buffs, in the next months i will see a post like "devs give us buff for dps cause we cant kill the boss or the boss have to much health, NERF IT "
    Ler me tell you something : this game is not only for pro players like you. that`s why this game will never get bigger as a MMORPG.
  8. Blue Spectrex New Player

So we should continue to make powers special mechanics useless? This whole it happened to me so it should happen to you too is selfish. It's really the devs fault they need to find a way to keep powers special mechanics useful.
  9. Lady Fayte New Player

Really? You see I do not find setting up rotations very fun. Never have. Never will. I hope your rants/whining/complaining (which ever term you wish to apply) is based on something more than rotations being (theoretically) pointless. I have no problem looking for a simple build without care if it produces the max amount of dps for my power set.

I fear I cannot be bothered to read all of the posts. I work graveyard and I am pretty darn tired. But I would like to make a few points.

• People complain about 'noobs/scrubs' not being able to DPS. Or rather having to get stuck with them in groups. So why is it suddenly bad for 'noobs/scrubs' to be able to DPS half decently?
    • No sense in getting upset until it comes out on the test (or live) server and our wonderful number crunchers test it out.
    • Skill is more than dps, actually damage is the week old crap in the back of the skill fridge... people still have trouble with FoS:Matrix. (Mindlessly hitting shielded medics...) Normalize the DPS and this problem isn't going to suddenly go away.

I never saw rotations as 'skill'... More like remembering what button to hit in what order to min/max your potential damage. (Again, this is just how I see it.) But then I do not understand the need to bloat my own ego by gloating over how much more damage I did than (insert player here). If DPS is the only thing a player has to make them stand out from average or sub-par players then... you really are not a good/great/epic/uber player in the first place. You just try to burn something down before you actually have to interact with a fight mechanic of some sort.

Now if you never trigger those ratty medics while their shield is up, ever, then you are more likely a good/great/epic/uber player. -_-

(Disclaimer; The remark about DPS and being a good player is not directed towards anyone in particular. So getting defensive over your rank as an 'elite' player is redundant.)
  10. RemyRockstar New Player

In response to your Earth comment a few pages back, you're definitely doing it wrong if you're choosing to burst with Rumblecrush over Striking Stones.

As I pride myself knowing Earth in and out I'll simply chuck it up to ignorance of the powerset on your end so I'll let that comment slide, but let's not let it happen again =).

Yes, RC has a higher modifier, but the base damage for bursting is MUCH less than SS. It's only good for the PI or to recast to keep the 50 percent modifier up before going into your WM rotation.

I'm sure my Earth brethens would agree with the above.
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

That didn't make sense at first based on some bad assumptions I had from the combat panel but I'm tracking with you now. Powersets keeping their DoTs double dipped a little before but now their second dip will go from a 45% modifier to 60%.
  12. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

What's RC and SS base damage?
    • Like x 1
  13. RemyRockstar New Player

I don't know the exact number, but my Earth brethren Lacedog could probably chime in since he's more of numbers guy.

But RC with WM crit bonus will hit between 1.5-2.5k initial burst then followed by the 3 DoT it provides which is another 100-150 per tick.

While SS (very inconsistent unlike other burst) will hit as low as 3k and as high close to 5k with WM crit.

Even though SS is 35 percent modifier it's our hardest hitting go-to burst power. The Earth community tried to get the devs to look into our modifiers and placement of powers during our "revamp", but it never happened.

This is with full 90 gear, fully modded and 185 sp. Everything mentioned above is on single target.
  14. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Ok, thanks for the input. So it will indeed increase the gap between the AM and a Burst loadout, I just picked up the wrong burst power.
  15. Tre Day New Player

I'm not going to lie: I'm a bit mixed on the mod.

I guess it's more about affecting the uniqueness of each power than anything. Then again, it's kind of hard to take that seriously when some players just go the copy-paste route and declare themselves 'beast' and whatnot. Those people are the ones I have hardly any sympathy for.

I'm not one to call anything 'easy mode' because it's not like high-grade, NASA-level rocket science to figure out games in general, which is really weird that people take it as such. I sometimes doubt their sincerity at face value, especially when it comes to DPSing, but it's totally not without merit. (Obviously, there are exceptions to that rule.)

Besides that, it's not going to change the 'DPS-stacking' mentality of the player-base, but I don't ever think that can ever be eradicated for numerous reasons.

Would I use it? Meh, who knows. Like I always say, if it helps with whatever role I'm in, I'm open to consideration. I'm not trying to win a merit badge or anything. :p
  16. xXxARMAGEDD0NxXx Well-Known Player

Everybody will be OK its just a little mod in a game. Let's talk about something that is not pointless. Stop worrying about what others will do and just don't use the mod if you don't like it
  17. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i don't understand this hatred of new players everyone in the game was new at 1 time or another and new players are just as important to keeping the game alive as old players maybe if people helped new players to learn the game instead of shunning them and calling them scrubs and being jerks to them they would become good players and everyone would benefit

i go out of my way to help new players because i can still remember what its like to be a noob and have elitist players treat you like crap and kick you because you said it was your 1st time in such and such raid etc.i have been playing this game now for almost a year and i have seen a lot of bs from players who think they are better than everyone else and i have also learned a lot from nicer players who take a few seconds to explain a raid to newcomers or give a few helpful tips

as far as this mod goes this is the 1st i have heard of it so idk it could be good it could be bad i'll wait and see for my self before i judge it

anyway thats my 2 cents just calling it as i see it
  18. FuryX New Player

This mod won't really apply to new players... figure at least t5 before you could even think about affording it.
  19. GammaGreenLantern New Player

No you missed my point...pre WM powerset mechanics are all being changed with each powerset revamp. This mod is being added to the game because it balances the powersets while they are going through this process of revamping...

The point is other power's AM have also been rendered useless while the devs are revamping the powersets. In time each awesome mechanic will be revamped to become "useful" BUT for now, many non revamped powersets mechanics are useless until the devs revamp them...

In closing, Ice is a top powerset DPS wise at the moment(you could argue it is the #1 DPS power currently)..... pretty sure Ice users can manage with SOME users having this mod to even the playing field...at least until their future revamp...
  20. Hussler New Player

Max Damage is a Great addition to Game.