FIX Flashback or REMOVE the Feat

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Flavian, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Flavian Committed Player

I am getting sick and TIRED of flashback being bugged.

These two bugs and cut scene issues *$%()#@*%^)( up the feat attempts, and all I get are these bugs EVERY SINGLE TIME:

1. The exit to the Paradox Tunnel doesn't open, despite having killed ALL of the paradox reapers. Even with us walking through the tunnel at "WALK SPEED" and KILLING ALL REAPERS - the #%()*()@%^*@$()^ tunnel doesn't %*(#)@*(%()@#^* open. That takes off 2 minutes of our time as we not only have to kill ourselves at in the wave, but wait for it to reset so we can attempt it again.

2. The cut scenes with Abra before the final fight, and Barry Allen afterwards - BOTH OF WHICH COUNT TOWARD THE TIMER - are seriously lagging. We will wait for 20-30 seconds while the game just sits there before the scenes begin. We literally cannot move or do anything.

These bugs have been around for over a FREAKING YEAR.

Either fix these bugs or Extend the Feat Timer - or GET RID OF IT.
    • Like x 3
  2. Vesper Dedicated Player

Or......

You could just gear up and fight better.

My toons have to seriously work at NOT getting the speed-feat in there these days. Even with reapers holding the door shut AND Abra's stupid speech, we consistently finish in 5:30 - 6:10. Gear up to anything past t4 and you'll blow it away.
    • Like x 2
  3. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

No, Vesper, it's actually bugged. There are similar issues with the Trigon alert, where Trigon just sits there for 30 seconds while an invulnerable Circe takes pot shots at the player team before Trigon wakes up and grabs Circe, initiating the mob fight with his minions. Likewise the 3 SoT duos are bugged, where enemies and your ally will either render invisible, or enemies will spawn and get stuck in place and never move, making for easy kills. People are saying enemies are going back to respawning with god mode in the open world, and all things point to this being a side effect of the last DLC/update having buggered the server code.
    • Like x 2
  4. Flavian Committed Player

Thank you.

This is the actual problem here. The Flashback Feat is messed up because of bugs, not because of "gearing". A feat shouldn't be dependent on whether or not the devs can "fix a bug", and considering that these two nasty little bugs have been around since the Flash DLC has been up points to a bug the Devs can't fix.

The friggin tunnel bug is just absolutely incorrigible. You clear all of the paradox reapers, and the tunnel exit doesn't open. You know why? Because the devs wanted to force players to fight every single spawn in the tunnel, and that's because they "felt it was giving the player an unfair advantage to let them fly through the tunnel and exit it without facing the reapers". So what do they do? They break the tunnel because they don't want players to fly through it. More than half of the time the tunnel exit will NOT open which screws the feat for that instance and forces the players to die and restart the damned tunnel.

It's terrible game design, and the bug has not been fixed in over a year, which compounds the bad decision the devs made.
  5. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

If it was a persistent bug then others would have experienced it. Bad luck, so keep trying.
    • Like x 2
  6. Gwalir Loyal Player

Perhaps this is one of those things that PS3 players suffer?

I've only done the duo a handful of times in the past year myself, but I've never had it bug on me either.
  7. exil3d! New Player

1 - When you start the duo wait in front of trasparent wall, when flash stop talking you can start to kill reapers.
    2 - I haven't this type of issues, by the way i did this speed feat with t3 2+ years ago so i think if you can't do with t6 there is a seriously problem with you ability...
    • Like x 2
  8. Flavian Committed Player

Others have experienced it, try again.
  9. TheRealDeathern New Player

I'll try and run through it tonight and see if I can confirm some of what your stating here.

I can say this is one of the more difficult speed feats to achieve in duos, primarily due to the lengthy cut scenes.
  10. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Finished this feat a long time ago...these problems have been around since it was introduced. The tunnel portal does that sometimes when you rush to the end too fast...& the cutscenes, not much else to do but get it done faster since they are gona factor into the time.
    • Like x 2
  11. Flavian Committed Player

Thank you for at least admitting these bugs exist. I am so sick and tired of certain elements on the board claiming it's my gear when I'm describing actual bugs.

I know about the rushing to the end, but it happened 6 times in a row to me when I was freaking walking to the end. I don't get why these bugs have not been addressed by the devs, and it's very very frustrating when this stuff happens.

The pause that sometimes happens before the cut scenes while the cut scenes prepare to load isn't factored into the time. So I am stuck there, doing nothing, and the cut scene makes me wait while the clock counts down. I literally killed abra at 7:22 on the timer on the last attempt I had before I raged, and I did NOT get the feat. That means that more than 22 seconds which was sucked up by the pause and or cut scene was not accounted for. We literally had 4 minutes of cut scene pauses and tunnel redovers on that last attempt - 4 minutes sucked up by two types of bugs. 4 freaking minutes. It was just rage inducing.
  12. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

if your on ps...I can run you through it...prob solved XP
  13. stl4now Well-Known Player

I got the feat already, and I have yet to experience a bug on this duo. The only thing I can see as possibily being a bug is the reapers. But even still, even if you walk and defeat the reapers, the portal opens at the end, just can't rush through it. Good luck.
  14. Flavian Committed Player

No, it does NOT always open at the end if you kill them. That is the bug.

6 times in a row I walked through the tunnel killing every reaper and the tunnel didn't open. Going for attempt 7 right now.

The tunnel usually opens on the "second attempt" after you lose more than a minute on the first one.
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

That feat is a joke, and it's not bugged.
    • Like x 1
  16. Flavian Committed Player

7th time was a charm, but it almost failed... after we killed Abra, the game sat there, for 40 FULL SECONDS. I wish I had my bandicam up.

We almost didn't get it because the game didn't "end the encounter" The clock kept ticking. It went from 5:44 on the clock to 6:32 before we got the cut scene with Barry and it ended.

This cut scene bug and tunnel bug happen so often I cannot believe none of you have experienced it.
  17. stl4now Well-Known Player

Never have. And I ran it last night to do the sonic emitters feat. Glad you got it, and hopefully you never have to deal with it again. I will upvote so maybe they can take a look at the cut scene part.
    • Like x 1
  18. Pew New Player

If it was doable over 2 years ago, it should be cakewalk now:

• Like x 1
  19. NaumNML New Player

I know the bug you're talking about. Rather annoying. But I, and others got the feat so long ago that I think that's why no one has brought it to attention.
    • Like x 2
  20. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

I had no problem with this feat, rush it and you're done!

By pass all the mobs and get that feat!

IA ARMY