AM is underpowered!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by franki7, Aug 13, 2014.

1. franki7 New Player

No I don't want WM to be nerfed, I want AM to be boosted, as at endgame especially it doesn't compare with WM. As an electricity dps I have the choice of going WM and using the few burst powers I have, or going dots and AM which gives myself power back. Here is the thing, I enjoy using AM and putting lots of dots on enemies much more than doing WM and using the same 2 powers over and over again (static push and tesla ball if your curious) but the boring burst build does way more damage its ridiculous. Yes I know I should choose what I enjoy but when i'm t6 and others dps can do twice my damage when I use AM groups do not want me and groups kicking you because you don't do enough damage isn't fun (im cr 106 with mostly 93 v expert modded gear so i'm not undergeared). So I use WM and I may top the charts or be up there but its not as enjoyable. I don't want WM to be nerfed, just for AM to have a few more minor benefits that make it viable for endgame. Maybe aswell as skills giving powers back in the case of electricity, using powers in a certain order could give you another extra dot or damage boost, just a small boost will really help. DCUO has become more boring than it used to be as most dps use WM burst builds. Dps builds used to be so much more varied.

PS I wrote way more than I meant to I just got carried away.
    • Like x 2
  2. MetalMario Loyal Player

Use your AM and do weapon mastery combos between VB. It works great.
    • Like x 2
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It sounds like Nature and Electricty have similar mechanics...if it is DOT AM, I would use your DOT powers that do not provide WM bonus and than WM into a power that does...It is how Nature works to get the best use out AM and WM
  4. Owl Devoted Player

The Awesome Mechanic is NOT intended to equal Weapon Mastery damage. Just the Weapon Mastery Bonus Crit:
    • Like x 1
  5. ToySoldier13 New Player

Tis true their intent is balance owl, bit let's see if true:

Sorcery and Earth - yes, running an AM loadout is comparable if not better than the crits.

Rage - it's crits are completely unaffected by it's AM; moot for this discussion since it gets the best of both worlds - good for Rage users but ultimately fail.

Celes and HL - their AM completely takes the place of WM (not just the crit; yes Celes can in theory use it but their combos take forever and they have no powers to take proper advantage of the crit anyway). That is two fails.

Fire and eventually Ice - nope. Cast times, channels, and PI setup take too long. The damage is nice but in that time frame a simple combo+detonate would have done much more. 2 more fails.

Nature and Elec - even with these absurd health enemies DoTs don't compare to crits. The devs knew this and that's why they even made non - refreshing powers negate the crit. They take nearly your entire loadout and again like Fire by the time everything is set up you could have done twice the damage with a WM+crit combo. Knockdown or stun right before Harvest? All that time is wasted. 2 fails.

They are 2 for 9. And even the ones that are close (Fire, Nature, and Elec) will be worse the more might we get - 223 might on a 42 power with a 5x crit bonus is 210 damage; 223 might is an extra 7 damage per tick for Nature and Elec.
  6. blklightning New Player

Though I do not disagree w/ what you're saying, I'm not sure why you think Fire's AM takes a while to setup. Wildfire, jump cancel Absorb Heat, then either Fireburst (1x) or Flame Cascade (3x) to setup Volatility. That's nowhere near the setup time for Electric's DoTs on a ranged loadout.
  7. ToySoldier13 New Player

Not long compared to some other powers but compared to just using WM instead - in that setup time you can pop ferno clipped with fiery then WM into Det two or three times depending on the weapons. Very true Elec and Nature could have done 4 or 5 in their set up time but I was just focusing on AM vs WM+crit.
  8. TheThud New Player

The new gear has more of a might increase than a precision increase. I see it as a subtle way to boost AM and slightly nerf WM.
  9. ToySoldier13 New Player

1. Don't forget we got 440 effective precision from our weapons this DLC.

2. Opposite effect actually. As I mentioned in my long post the benefit of might on high end, crit bonus burst is MUCH higher than the boost it gives standard powers and awesomes. Jack it up enough and Gadgets would again be studly running basic clip style but every other set will still be better off with WM+crit.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

I dunno about Sorcery but for Earth an AM loadout can't keep up with WM crits.
  11. ToySoldier13 New Player

Although i do not have an Earth toon I refuse to accept that. You are basically a carbon copy of Sorcery when running AM and you don't have any powers that make proper use of the crit bonus (unless you want to cripple your modifier) anyway.
  12. Dogico Loyal Player

Unlike last tier, a majority of T6 can be safely meleed. Because of this a melee Seismic loadout can easily surpass a standard Crystal loadout. All the alerts, Necro and Artifacts can be meleed.
  13. ToySoldier13 New Player

Okay, I don't see what that has to do with crit vs AM other than now Earth has two different AMs (pet and jackhammer) that surpass crit....
  14. Dogico Loyal Player

Crystal is our only advanced mechanic for dpsing, Jackhammer (or Upheaval for that matter) are not our advanced dps mechanic.

Maybe I phrased it poorly, but my point is an Earth loadout that relies on Weapon Mastery crit does more damage than an Earth loadout that relies on Crystal. WM>Crystal.
  15. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Ask Not Again in the electric thread, he seems to have it figured out for electric dps.

I believe he uses burst until the final bosses and then goes for AM, he doesn't bother with the power back feature tho.
    • Like x 1
  16. cadaverhead Well-Known Player

AM is fine to be honest. Everyone just forgot to properly clip after WM was released.
    • Like x 2
  17. blklightning New Player

I just think that the WM side of things is so boring. Not sure if i can do more dmg w/ Electric DoTs, but I'm finding the challenge in trying to be as effective as I can with them. I don't really DPS much anyway, so I tend to not weigh in too heavily on the subject.
  18. MetalMario Loyal Player

Stopped reading here. The crits literally can't come at the same time as rage's AM since that's the combos. You can not clip the combos fast enough to get a weapon mastery crit to go off before the combo is over. Also, the rage combos are not as good as weapon mastery even if you clip them.
  19. ToySoldier13 New Player

Did you actually read it? Or any post in this thread for that matter? This is about how crit negating AM compete with the crit. Rage doesn't need to worry about it; which is exactly what I said in that quote. I don't even know what your purpose or point is other than trying to start an argument with someone you seem to agree with.

Dear god what is wrong with this community?
  20. MetalMario Loyal Player

Just pointing out it's not the best of both worlds. For example using the combo for dreadful blast is significantly worse than doing weapon mastery combos. I guess I do agree with your conclusion that it doesn't work out very well though.