Healers its happening again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tazzaxe, Aug 11, 2014.

1. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

If they're gonna do that, the thing you hit every so often would cause the debuff. This is something already in the game. During the superman/lex fight in one of star lab's facilities, you have to hit emps to be able to take down lex.
  2. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

For those that think getting rid of the role less buff is gonna help, stop thinking it. It won't. Why? Because these people that want to rush through the content, as well as hoping that they convince people to also think everything should have the same level of difficulty (for whatever reason) are still gonna be about the burn. That means that the only way to stop them is to also remove the dps role buff you get from some of the powers available to us. This makes only support roles the ones with a role buff and the dps people will complain they don't get one and the support roles will out damage the dps people, making the whole role useless. This is also a bad situation.

There is not a programming way to stop this situation. People keep wanting to come up with a programming solution, but they're gonna keep trying to find a way around it. The problem isn't when someone says "LFG TD no heal" or "LF Healer LH last boss". Doing that is the most professional and unemotional, unpersonal way to find a group you want to play as.

The problem has always been what happens after the group forms. After the content starts. It's the one-on-one interactions, the two-on-one, the three-on-one. That is the only solution. Changing peoples' minds is not the easiest way, but it's the most effective. We have to interact with these people and show them that not what they are doing is wrong, but how they are going about it. It isn't wrong to have an all dps/solo heal for last boss group. It's the badgering, harassing and kicking of players from groups because they want others to play their way.

But, if we make the choice to interact with these people this way, we have to be patient because not being patient is part of their problem. I ran the chasm yesterday and a troller in dps role mocked the tank for being able to out tank the tank. I tried talking to them about it and they said the tank was fine, that they were impatient. It's the difference between thinking it's fine to bite and claw and tear into others because of ones own shortcomings and thinking it isn't okay to do that. If people don't think they can be patient with these people, they shouldn't try to reason with them. Us not being patient is not gonna help the situation.

If people are feeling left out, go to shout or LFG and say "Healer/Troll/Tank LF LH/Artifacts/FoS3/..." There are a lot of people out there that will want to work with you. I spent 10 hours yeaterday playing, pugged every map for duo, [edit: I meant alert, not solo] and raid content for the tier 3 and 4 stuff and snagged almost 5,000 marks and for some of the upper ones that had the most marks to give, I was loot locked from the weekly/monthly bonuses. And I didn't use a single replay badge. Averaging 500 marks an hour is not bad. And during that whole time, I saw plenty of people say they were looking for a healer, looking for tanks or looking for "all roles for...". So, those people are out there.
  3. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

Well if the DPS is weak enough that they feel they need to ask for help from the tank/healer....
  4. Crimson Jonni New Player

Could you put that into paragraphs? It's a bit difficult to read
    • Like x 2
  5. ParaNumb New Player

As a healer using pugs, I often end up with a lot of DPs. The new alerts show just how bad many DPs truly are. Its amazing how I can consistently be in 2nd place when there is 3 DPs and me as heal.

I called out the people last alert and the excuse was they were undercutting each other as DPs, which is bs lies since I was 2nd in damage, I.e better than 2 out of 3 DPs.

Drop the extra DPs, because all you need is a good DPs instead of multiple weakdps. Bring support roles 1st.
  6. Green Lantern New Player

But I like to have the buff, too.
  7. GaeasRevenge New Player

If healers stopped letting the dps forcing them to solo raids to carry the weaker dps.
    The buffs are not the problem.
    Its the dominate mindset of DPS Universe community to play their way.
    Simple solution is for healers to stop solo healing...
  8. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

How exactly do you intend to do this? Do you plan to go through most of ICW. Then look at the scorecard and say "Geese your dps sux get out". MOST of the time They just made the minimum cr and just got in. How the hell are they going to learn their class if we kick them out. I know extremely good DPS Tanks Healers and Trolls and I know some bad ones. My DPS is half of what I want it to be. I dont need to be the best but I want to carry my own weight. Even though I've concentrated everything on my main on pure healing, I put the junk drops(93 cr blues) on my DPS armory, does that mean if I'm in a raid and my dps is low you kick me out?

The point of the post was to put up a flag, let the healers know they're going to have to deal with no heal runs. They're going to be constantly requested to change to dps either at the beginning or in the middle of a T6a. How they deal with this is up to them.

1. They can learn to dps and learn to be flexible
    2. They can ask the Tank to go dps and see how they like the tables turned.
    3. They can go find a group that actually wants a healer.

Again how exactly?

I'm not going to solo heal your Necro unless you get a second healer because its not fair? Ya right they'll go get another healer and dump me, good healers are a dime a dozen. I like your idea but it's not practical.
  9. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Learn how to dps with your power and get Dps gear as well. I see it as being versatile.

Adapt and adjust. Us Tanks have had these so called issues since this game came out.
    • Like x 2
  10. TheRealDeathern New Player

Yes because everyone needs as many advantages as they can get so that they can then complain about how easy the game is. ;)
  11. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Yep, but if your at the bottom of that scorecard? and Yep healers AND tanks should learn to dps and decide whats best for the group.
  12. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I'm a healer, but I see no point in running with 2 healers in a raid
  13. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Speak for yourself. I know a lot of peeps that know both there role and beast at dpsin as well..
    personally..its a preference to do it faster and be able to run other content in a timely manner.
    • Like x 2
  14. Crimson Jonni New Player

I agree with the second bit but not the first bit. Dps's arent forcing healers to solo heal, and secondly Dps's arent the only ones who want things to go faster. Granted, they do contribute to part of the problem, but whenever anyone asks for someone to get the job done faster, people consider to bring in more damage.

Another thing is whenever a healer says "i can solo heal" you're being just as bad. I've been in pugs where a healer says "i can solo heal we dont need two healers" which ends up in the other Healer being given an ultimatum; switch to dps or leave. If you cant see that thats as bad as stacking dps i dont know how else to put it. Same with tanks. Often tanks leave as soon as they see another shield emblem, or tell the other tank to switch to dps or leave. The same thing. So i dont quite understand the 'only dps do X'

You cant just ignore that every role is responsible for some exclusion. Even if dpses have the majority of the blame, there isnt a doubt that all the other roles do the same thing. Same with trolls. 3 trolls walk in to a bar, one says his vit is 7777, the other says his vit is 7776, and the third says his is 7775. Troll number 3 gets the ultimatum as well cause the other two feel as though its unnecessary. And same with dps.

Perhaps the reason there are more bad dps is because those support roles never get a chance to play their role because they are always denied by someone is overgeared, higher stats, and ect.
  15. Bast10n Committed Player

Two healers provide enough coverage to allow people to Melee = More damage. Yup, we are doing this in 90% of the new raids.

Two Healers provides additional survivability for the raid group = less total time in the raid. (AKA Faster)

Two Healers allows flexibility in how the healers spec, what gear they run with, Etc... = sustained survivability and more damage.

Do you want a DPS that does 8 million damage in Necropolis or two healers that do 12 million damage combined?
    • Like x 1
  16. Green Lantern New Player

What are you talking about? I just said I like having the buff for my own reasons. I don't care about how it affects everyone else, to be frank.
  17. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Im not so sure about that but that up to your preferences on how you want to run it. For me, I see no reason in running raids with 2 healers (unless the first healer not comfortable enough to solo it)
  18. ParaNumb New Player

I'm consistently in top 3 places when I'm healing in balanced groups in raids of my tier and 1st when playing a tier lower.

I've only run celestial so maybe my viewpoint is bias. Do other heal powers do as much damage in heal role as celestial? Sorcery is the only I know from experience.

Average DPs has 1 million or less damage than me and great DPs up by 3x damage. I'm in full heal gear.

I walked out of breach because I was 2nd in damage with only dps's in my group. If they just made it to minimum CR why are they doing instances that takes skill if your not geared. Go run solos and duos 1st and buy better gear, instead of wasting peoples time.

I kept falling asleep on 1st boss cause it took so long, I didn't even wanna finish.

Pugging has been a chore with this new dlc, very miss and hit as groups go.
  19. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

It's hard to keep bringing it up when its been beat to death and the dev's never acknowledge it.
    Healers shouldn't expect any better treatment honesty.
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

what can the devs do? its a community caused issue, and its actually pushing me away from the game faster then the devs themeselves, and thats a problem