Indigo (Compassion) Powerset

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jafin, Aug 3, 2014.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes, that could be possible, but I'm hoping the power set is based on the shadowlands and the Iconics will be the Shade and Obsidian (Who is in fact Hal Jordan's Son). A magic based controller power set.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Comes from the Darklands and is Alan Scott's son :p
  3. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

With that described, extremely unfair & nearly impossible case w/out healing lantern power & shadow powers in WoL #3 instead. Lemme pretty fantasy - it could even fit all 2 pattems - CHT order & 3w-3w/out-repeat. This way Shadow could be tank powerset. Amazon Fury pt 2 could contain controller powerset - let it be Sound (controller role #FITSPERFECTLY for Sound & it's one of 2 possibilities l think about for Amazon Fury) because of Silver Swan.
    So we got:
    WoL #2 - N/A
    AF #2 - Sound (Controller)
    HoP #2 - ??? (unknown Healer power)
    WoL #3 - Shadow (Tank)
    This way we will get some Healer power in Halls of Power pt 2. What could it be? Maybe still not Atomic, because Tank Role for Atomic better. Any ideas? Alpha & Omega effects :)oops:), what else could heal & have relation to New Gods/sci-fi related content? Don't suggest nanotechnology - we will get Brainiac trilogy after HoP #3 which probably will deal both nanites & cyberspace. Magnetic or energy healing, but metal/magnetic power fits better Tank Role as well. Air, Weather, Physical healers = nonsence. l can't imagine anything, maybe Childish Healing then if Mxyzptlk involved, but Mxyzptlk isn't a New God. Although alot stronger :eek:.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They could easily do the power roles in a different combination. There's no law that says it has to be controller then healer then tank.

"We will get Brainiac trilogy after HoP #3" - do you have some kind of crystal ball that allows you to see the future enough to make a statement as definitive as "we will get a Brainiac trilogy" ?
  5. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

It's same author telling about upcoming Brainiac's trilogy, as Aquaman, l can provide a link. Also he told about Cryme Syndicate content & continue of Origin Crisis trilogy. But no law is right, as well as break between powers could be 2 or 4 DLC's, or devs even could jump through one of DLC's, that might not fit some of power, but that could not happen as well.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Sure if you have a link I'd love to see it as I haven't read anything about those, but it would be awesome to get trilogies like that. Thanks. :D
  7. Spacedude2 New Player

I would add a power crash to balance the rage crash. You get the hope with light lore involved. Instead of losing all health after damage, you lose all power after use, becoming hopeless.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What? This is an Indigo power set, not a Blue one.
  9. Spacedude2 New Player

I thought the indigo was for villains and hope was for heroes. Light (green/yellow), Rage (red/red), and Compassion (blue/indigo).
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No. Indigo is a neutral corps, it would be for both heroes and villains. A Blue Lantern powerset is not viable for this game in my opinion.
  11. Spacedude2 New Player

Well that is your opinion. I would say rage has good characters, why couldn't hope be used for evil characters? Sinestro started out as a green lantern. And Indigo cannot be neutral since it has a ring with a color of the spectrum. Neutral would imply non-affected and non-affecting. But I like your work on the powers and if you are given the green light, sorry, indigo light to create it, I will play it. I apologize if we disagree on the rings themselves.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There is no need to apologise, a difference of opinion is something that does not need apologies. The reason Rage works for heroes and villains is because there are both heroic and villainous Red Lanterns in the comics. There are no villainous Blue Lanterns, which is why I don't think it's viable for the game. As soon as DC introduces a blue lantern that is a villain then I would change my opinion on having it in the game. Yes Sinestro did start out as a Green Lantern, but that does not mean he was "good." Sinestro is a complex character who does want peace throughout the universe, he just goes about it in the wrong way which is why he is classified as a villain.
    • Like x 3
  13. Crimson Jonni New Player

Jafin how could you create this thread and not tell me about it, man? Q-Q
    • Like x 1
  14. Crimson Jonni New Player

I was going to respond to the earlier comment but i think you pretty much covered the gist of what i was gonna say.
    Awesome job on the powerset btw
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

lol sorry :p
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Oops got mixed up lol.
  17. Spacedude2 New Player

Thank you for your response! I will continue to read your posts to learn more!
  18. SaintWalker46 New Player

If you're interested in seeing a potential blue lantern powerset, check out the "Hope Powerset" thread.
  19. thelight420 New Player

Healing teleporting lantern is next. Leagues of ring wielding villians and heroes alike. I see all lantern leagues in the dc future. Silly, but true.
  20. revolter1 New Player

I NEED to make you my compliments!

This whole powerset you came up with is just awesome and, most important thing, it actually fits the DC lore.

Cannot understand this desire for blue lantern healers... the only color/emition of the spectrum that actually needs a green lantern corps member to properly work.

I can imagine a future with a hope powerset...
    "need hope heal and HL troll/dps for *insert random raid* cr 115+ only"... the first cooperative power lolololol

My only complaint is: we know indigo lanterns are a neural corp in the DC Universe and that they are all "brainwashed villains" but... heroes can use compassion, they can feel it...

What about villains? Would they prove compassion too? Sounds strange...