Celestial

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by mgtheopaden, Jul 27, 2014.

1. mgtheopaden New Player

Celestial needs huge buff. I got out dpsed by a full 91 dps fire.I'm 106 fully modded 6 mods celestial dps and I love the power but its super weak.
    • Like x 1
  2. mgtheopaden New Player

And if possible it could get a revamp because there is not as much as a selection of powers like other powers the load out is very limited.
  3. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Fire just got a buff and maybe just maybe it could of been a better player?
    • Like x 4
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes Celestial is struggling bad atm. It is in a major need of a buff and update, but somehow I think it'll be a while till the Devs look at it. :(
    Funny thing is, the Devs ninja nerfed Malediction and Benediction combos in GU39 which is very unreasonable. People are asking for the combos to be sped up, not slowed even more!
    • Like x 1
  5. True Despair Well-Known Player

did you use weapon mastery?
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm currently using Remanders loadout, which keeps the 50% modifiers up all the time. It is very good.
    DL-Plague-Benediction-Anoint-Cursed Idol-DP

I changed the loadout anti and swapped DP with Neo-Venom, because I wanted to unlock the Crit Innates.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proto1118 Committed Player

I've been tempted to switch back to Celestial because I run into way too many Sorcery DPSs and I really liked the healing side of Celestial but they way I'm modded for DPS, full Precision & Might VI, I don't want to re-mod for full Precision VI. Plus I've been Sorcery forever but had a 3 month affair with Celestial.
    With the ninja nerfs, it's not very tempting anymore.
  8. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

I just switch to Celestial and I was doing fine in damage on T6 yesterday. The damage was not as big as when I was Earth but the damage is pretty decent....Overall Celestial does need a huge tweak.
  9. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

I want feel when i play with a celestial like playng with spectre, like a player that play with quantum feel like capt atom.
  10. mgtheopaden New Player

11. mgtheopaden New Player

12. Derio 15000 Post Club

I swapped DP with RS and noticed a big difference, and I hope your are clipping benediction to annoint and not the other way around. Also you should have the precision trinket in a rotation
  13. True Despair Well-Known Player

Even with celestial being utter trash I was still putting out amazing dmg, so yeah could this just be the whole player over power debaccel?.

Buff players 2014 spread the word
    • Like x 1
  14. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

Completely agree that Celestial is now bottom tier. I had ran T6 many many times with the same group. Damage output was always in the 2.5 million at most. Switched to rage. Output is now constantly 3.5 million with my melee-Zerk loadout. 2.7 mill with ranged loadout.

Celestial rotations (this was enough to beat most DPS): Annoint-Ben, CI(if lots of ads), WM to PlagueCDL (if lots of ads) or RetriCWither if single target then repeat WM to Power. Keep up buffs and CI.
    OR Annoint-Ben-DP, WM to RetriCWither

Rage: Zerk (on bosses) RA-BL, WM, DB-OR-PR, Repeat
    OR Crit SC, GE-BL, WM, DB-PR, repeat

Rage constantly does higher damage due to speed and some PI. WM to DB with Plasmic Burn interaction does good damage.
    I love celestial and had been it since I started. But I don't want to be a meh DPS.
    • Like x 1
  15. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I do pretty well with a set up and loadout i work with.

I go fully precision in my mods and generator mods.
    Im full 91 hoplite gear.
    I have one OP ring that i use in both stances.
    My weapon: Staff (mortar mastery most of the time plus staff fits my look and concept)
    My loadout: Retribution,Plague,Wither,Cursed Idol, Anoint,Malediction.

My rotation that I use...
    On bosses or single targets i use

McB>Precision trinket>Anoint>WM>RcW>WM>WcR
    then repeat
    If Cursed Idol is up i throw and clip it in at the RcW point. Clip the cleansed Wither with Cursed Idol then continue the rotation. Clipping speeds things along of course.

Trash mobs i use McB>Anoint>WM>PLcDL
    (Sometimes i clip PLcDL with my orbital strike for the trash mobs, its easy burst damage so i keep it in my belt.)

Then if needed i repeat that or use the single target rotation.

I use the mortar mastery mainly cuz its quick and i use corrupted benediction because it heals a little bit for my damage which is nice.
    All the moves except McB(might ticks) use precision ticks. Always use the tray ability and it does wonders.

PLcDL=precision dots
    RcW=precision dots
    WcR=Burst precision damage
    If you do it fast enough you should pull off that burst damage before Malediction finishes its cooldown. (On the single target rotation)

I do incredibly well with this set up especially when im not mainly a dps i heal.
    Do i top the charts? Not always, i play with a lot of rage ppl and they get me all the time.
    Im not competitive really so im just happy i do decent damage from before when i tried a loadout i made up that was might based.

There might be better setups out there but this one works for me and i enjoy it personally. :)
  16. Rich Homie Quan New Player

HL needs a buff too
  17. mgtheopaden New Player

Celestial doesn't benefit from weapon mastery at all so I keep getting out dpsed alot by might powers.Also, most of Celestials powers are pretty useless.
  18. Mettigel Hawaii New Player

I think its sensless to use any combo. I tried it out in the t6a, three times with the same leaque mate (sorcery DPS CR 106 175 SP.)
    First time i was going with annoint, PcDL,BcM,RcW (or ScH),Robot sidekick, cursed idol, weaponmastery bow to full auto dual pistols.
    I does 500k less dmg. Power in was something about 88k
    The second run, I just use only my buffs annoint, benediction (no combo), cursed idol and my weaponmastery bow to full auto dual pistols and does 270k less dmg by 50k power in.
    In the third run, i used wither,annoint,benediction, robot sidekick, divine light and cursed idol. The rotation was wither clipped directly with benediction and annoint, doing two times the WM, divine light, doing two times WM and again wither clipped with bene and annoint. Sometimes i throw in a SC. Finally i doeas 120k more dmg by 80k power in.
    I used also the precison neck mod, wich gives me 170 precision after 9 hits for 6 sec. that i get by 2 WM Bow to dual pistols, that hits 9 times 6 sec.
    But it is also a boring playstale and this is not the sense that celestial should be played.

I think its also the way to go with HL, dont use combos.
  19. mgtheopaden New Player

Lets face it celestial is broken badly its a struggle dosing things without getting a decent amount of damage in. Very weak power now.
  20. McShotzz Well-Known Player

The main problem I'm having is the WM might crits, I know its a prec power but seriously 3800 might and I'm lucky to 1.5k crits.
    As for the McB nerf I only use it as a healer soooo.