Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Burnout is probably your best heal to test your self healing when trying different builds. Compare your self heals and your max hp when doing different builds
  2. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Does Flame Cascade apply Burning anymore or just Volatility? The DCUO wiki doesn't list it as inflicting Burning and I haven't been able to log on today to check.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Does not apply Burning, but extends the duration of Burning, Thermal Absorption, and Volatility.
  4. Tracmar Well-Known Player

And the fire thread becomes all active again :)

Currently trying a hybrid build for Fire :

Wild fire, FW , Spont, absorb heat , FC and FB

not too bad .. but then again were pug runs so far so damage can't really be compared

Basically prec based : using dw > explosive shot or 1h > solar flare combos

AM for bosses : might soder + prec trinkets
    WM for adds : prec soder + might trinkets

Also tried the same loadout with Rifle : just grenade spam clip with powers like old days before WM
    balanced build + might sider + prec/might trinkets

power in was a bit higher than normal for this build though
  5. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Apparently there is some question as to the current way healing is calculated, i'll do my best to check this out when I can but I am pretty busy with a lot of RL things atm to do much more than log in for an hour or 2 each day during the week so if anyone else is feeling up to it please do and report back your findings.
  6. TheThud New Player

What a horrible update. This did nothing to make fire equal to the rest of the powers dps or tank wise.
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

WM Fire is equal to the rest of the powers. The AM mechanic remains to be seen
  8. TheThud New Player

I was hanging with other powers before the update. As for the AM.
    I've seen, and it's not good.
  9. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Can someone explain volatility? tx.
  10. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

really? the changes to spontaneous combustion and fiery weapon put it in the top tier for dps. And almost exclusively use the AM, and im finding new rotation that seem to be working. One right now involves absorb heat (very power hungry rotation) and FC. i wanna tweak and run a little more before i share
  11. Burnt New Player

Applying fireburst gives max volatility with a single cast or are three casts needed?
    EDIT: NM, I see only one cast is needed. Thanks anyway
  12. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Been playing the AM a lot and noticed a couple things how burning is refreshed.

To begin with the best burning applicators are wildfire and inferno.
    A lot of people say wildfire is the best go to pi applier for the am which is true but testing inferno a lot I noticed that inferno gives us two ticks of damage after being extended with fireburst or mass det. The second tick generated is about equal to the dmg of wildfire, meaning that inferno will result in a higher dmg output because there will always two dots going in between mass dets instead of one that wildfire gives. For some reason using both wildfire and inferno gives you 2 dots still :(

Add a robot sidekick and that's 3 dots going off at the same time while u nuke enemies with mass det.
    3 dots + huge burst = awesome dmg

However the biggest downside is infernos range and cooldown, unless it's a stationary boss fight it will be hard to pull this off effectively making wildfire probably the better choice.

Just thought id share this with you guys.
    Also what numbers are u seeing with mass det? Fully buffed ( 6.7k might ) I've hit for about 25k single target so far :D
    • Like x 1
  13. TheThud New Player

^ that's the loadout I was using in the t6 alert and I was getting blistered by a lower geared dps. I switched to my WM loadout and started catching up quickly. And it's definitely not a top tier dps power.
  14. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Completely disagree. You must be doing something wrong, fire is a top dps power now
    • Like x 1
  15. TheThud New Player

The WM is slightly better thanks to SC. The AM is no where near the WM. Fire is no where near being a top dps power.
  16. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

SC is what put fire on top lol. That move is one of the hardest hitting ones in the game like static push. Please provide more info before u claim it's not good
  17. 6000Degree New Player

How much you land at your 6.7k might?
  18. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Well out of the few times where I'm fully buffed ( supply drop, nitro soda, trinket, fiery wep ) I saw hits around 7k on SC
    • Like x 1
  19. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Alright, updated the Fire Damage over Time Chart:

[IMG]

Also created new PI chart so you don't have to read each power description to find what interacts with what (let me know if I missed anything, I also assumed Enflame i still granting Immolation):

[IMG]

As for my impressions so far, it's much the same as many above, new AM works great on bosses/high health enemies, while WM still does the job for adds. Only problem I have is breaking the habit of performing a weapon mastery combo before each power instead of just going from power to power. I do believe the damage is there on par with WM, it just required to right setup (loadout, stats, knowing the enemy, good tank, etc.)
    • Like x 5
  20. 6000Degree New Player

Thanks, and you remember also inferno burst and dots range?