Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

well, i just ran TD with that rotation i mentioned earlier, im gonna stick to HB. i ran without a tank and it was a nightmare. mas d wasnt gonna cut it because i could never get it off, and tap hold is not very good for wm rotations (which i had to go back to often during that run)

so no i just have to decide on two open slots. Wildfire and Spontaneous combustion or inferno and meteor. Im thinking the latter is better for pure AM, while the first will be a better hybrid
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah if you don't have a Tank don't use a AM load out. If you want a good quick WM combo to use with AM use Brawling tap hold.
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

Any major tanking changes besides the self heals? Looking to get a feel of the tanking side, any suggested builds with gu39?

And do I wanna spec dom/resto for the heal or straight up dom for hp bonus?
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Max your dom first then spend extra into resto
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

I don't typically give loadout advice because I don't consider myself a top tier DPS. Which is why i didn't answer you sooner. I prefer inferno simply because it is stronger. It is less flexible though. by a long shot. for a melee loadout i would never have mass det personally. Fireburst is better and faster in melee situations. U probably don't need Spont C. AND flashpoint. One of those can be switched out for FC
    • Like x 1
  6. Burnt New Player

This makes me happy and actually excited about coming back to play. I'm so glad the devs came to their senses and allow us to use our powers again like the old days and still be helpful to the team. IF it's true, they've lied to us before
  7. Roomba Dedicated Player

Thanks. Last question... focus on t1/t2 bonuses or go for as many WMs as you can to get the bottom bonuses? (I have 180 SP)
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Welcome back to the inferno
    • Like x 1
  9. Burnt New Player

TY :) I missed playing so much
    • Like x 1
  10. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I'll only quote you if im sure you can give me direction in increasing my potential.;)

This new SC is good but i can see how having it + flashpoint would become redundant.
    Can FC be clipped to get the full effect or must you wait for dovetail? Being as i don't know many USPS Fire DPS villians, i have no way of making comparisons =3
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

I'm not even sure if FC needs to be clipped anymore. It's pretty fast
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Thanks ill be sure to give it a shot when i get home today!
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

14. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

I'm still hitting really hard with it. Maybe ur lagging or the burning pi wore off?
  15. Lacedog Loyal Player

I'll quadruple check everything when I get home. But everything appeared to be good to go. I'm hoping I specced something wrong or something like that.
  16. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Here's Hero Blaze's chart for reference. I think SC is the only thing that needs updating right? Since it doesn't have a dot anymore.

[IMG]

Roomba asked why people weren't using Meteor instead of Wildfire. Before it used to be because it canceled out SC's dots. Now would it be viable?

And on an off note...anyone see if Heat Vision (which has it's own stacking dot) would be viable?
    • Like x 1
  17. Random Hero New Player

Focusing on getting as many mastery as u can will yield better stats. My advice (and also how I spec both tank and dps) is to get all tier 1 innates and then only get the t2 innates for the weapons you are going to master. Also for tanking get whatever mastery you need for the combos and then try to master the weapons with Dom in the 2nd tier innates . Hope this helps
  18. Random Hero New Player

I use meteor instead of wildfire due to the bigger upfront burst damage with WM. I must admit though that I haven't tried speccing it with an AM loadout yet so I don't know if I can be specced while still getting everything u need for the AM.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

I was thinking of toying around with Heat Vision in my open slot.
  20. Roomba Dedicated Player

Thanks, yeah I have the dps side figured out. It makes sense to grab all the crit modifiers. However on the tanking side, I keep hearing conflicting I info. Some people say grab dom/hp. Others say max resto before dom.

With my current spec I'm at a mere 2k dom but 2400 resto, which someone told me was a good mix for fire.

Just gonna have to try a bunch of things.