Suggestion for the potential blue lantern power set

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xGaretJaxx, Jun 11, 2014.

1. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

That's kind of what I'm saying. The brainwashing effect of the Indigo Tribe's power rings make it a perfect example of why the corps, or Tribe could be a villain counterpart.
  2. PKMN12 New Player

No, it makes NO sense. The indigo rings make them GOOD guys, to an extreme, an indigo lantern would NEVER help a criminal.

Saying "then just say they are indigo lanterns who broke through the brainwashing" makes little sense from a canon perspective because it is VERY rare, it at all possible useally.
  3. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Red Lantern heroes are VERY rare too & we see 80% red lantern players in DCUO are heroes.
    • Like x 2
  4. PKMN12 New Player

Not really, Red lanterns represent the rage of injustice, they are against the green lanterns a lot because the guardians of the universe are/were bigoted pieces of garbage who refused to live up to the fact Atrotictuses home being destroyed was ENTIRELY their fault.
    • Like x 1
  5. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Then what lantern counterpart do you proper? We can't have Black/White for obvious reasons, we can only have one Orange Lantern, and technically yes, there has been multiple ones, you just don't see an entire corps and group of them. We can't have Blue for both heroes and villains and Star Sapphire is a very female based corps, having males just suddenly enter, while it's possible, is just against lore.

Indgo Lanterns are forced to feel only compassion. And they are former criminals. Former yes, but can criminals nonetheless. Even other lanterns like Sinestro and Black Hand joined the Indigo Corps. They even aided Sinestro in the Blackest Night.

The Indigo Tribe is the most logical choice to put as a villain counterpart to Blue.
    • Like x 1
  6. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

They represent the rage of injustice yes, but he has a point. It is rare to see a Red Lantern Corps member has a hero. It's possible and it has happened, but it's rare.
    • Like x 2
  7. Crn Well-Known Player

It is what it is. At this moment in time all we can do is speculate. Whichever power they end up adding I'm positive there will be someone that will lol and someone that will hate it.
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

At one point though we have to get away from the origin story of the game, not to stop acknowledging it but when you think about it everything after Sons Of Trigon has no relation to what Brainiac did, so it makes sense that new powers actually have a different origin than exobites.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Why do people have to quote from a month ago.
    Just because Braniac is "dead" [He will most likely be brought back] does not mean the exobites have to be.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

why does it bother you I quoted from back then anyway, for that matter what's so bad about using a new source for our powers, after all it's the best way to expand the storyline other than DLC, at least this would actually be related to the original story.
    • Like x 2
  11. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

By that logic we could just have any power in the game, no matter what the restrictions are. I understand the exobyte argument, because it's true, we did get our powers from exobytes, and in turn, Brainiac. But then technically we could have a Black/White power set, a Orange Lantern power set, an Atomic power set, the list could go on forever.

We still need to say true to the comics though. If DC wouldn't approve of a Blue Lantern power set for villains, but according to the game's lore, exobytes could technically give us a Blue Lantern ring, even if we are a villain.

I don't mean to say it in a bad way, but we need to look beyond the exobytes and look at what makes sense in DC lore. And, just for the record, a month isn't a long time. We have forums for a reason, and that's to respond and give our thoughts on various subjects. It shouldn't matter how old it is, if it was relevant then, why not now?
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Because IIRC Blue powerset is coming.
    It would cause massive balancing issues between heroes and villans [As if there is not already enough[
    • Like x 1
  13. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Well, we can only hope (no pun intended) that a Blue Lantern power set is coming. Nothing's been confirmed nor denied. But it's likely that we'll see a Blue Lantern power set. The problem is that Blue Lanterns are historically hero-exclusive, but unless they use the mist in the WoTL DLCs or the exobytes as a reason why they could make it heroes/villains, it's going to be a hero power.
  14. SaintWalker46 New Player

As I have done on every other lantern thread, let me share my opinions with you folk.

First we should agree on some things - that the next lantern power will be healer power. That way it's balanced. It would be annoying for trolls to have 2 lantern options and healers have none.

Second, let's look at how perfectly blue lanterns would fit into the game. For example, we have green lantern, yellow lantern, red lantern, and blue lantern characters in legends pvp. We have yellow, green, and red powersets in the game. Only missing blue. Another hint is the weapon packs in the market place. Yellow energy weapons, green energy weapons, red energy weapons, and blue energy weapons. If I recall correctly, there is a powerset to match each weapon style in the marketplace...except for blue. Also, WotL part 3 is coming out, most likely with a power, and I believe that they will want to give all roles the option to have lantern powersets.

Now, problems. Blue lanterns can't be villains. Well, in my opinion, indigos would fit there perfectly. Why? Well, indigo lanterns have the ability to mimic other lantern abilities. That way, much like fear and willpower, the loadouts can be identical, just slightly different colors. And, yes, indigo tribe members can be villains. The only way to be a hero while using an indigo ring is if you had NO compassion before you put it on. The ring instills great compassion in the wearer - it doesn't call upon compassion that is already there. However, if you already have great compassion when you put the ring on, you will feel a number of different emotions, driving one insane, most likely. So ironically, heroes are villains and villains are heroes when it comes to the indigo tribe, but nonetheless, villains can exist among the indigo tribe.

And let me just throw in there that Green Lantern Hawkman's wings should be in the marketplace with adjustable colors.

Thank you very much.
    • Like x 2
  15. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Exactly, and in fact, villains and criminals are what make up the Indigo Tribe. You don't really see heroes, but more villains. Like I've stated before, Sinestro and Black Hand once joined, and if that nisn't villainous to me, I don't know what is.
    • Like x 1
  16. SaintWalker46 New Player

I agree. As a huge blue lantern fan (hence the name), I would prefer for the game to follow the lore. But really, if it's really necessary to make blue lanterns villains as well, I'll take it, as long as I get the powerset.
    • Like x 2
  17. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Agreed as well, I play as a hero, so either way I'm getting a Blue Lantern power set :D
    It's just for the people who play villains who have to difficulty.
    • Like x 2
  18. SaintWalker46 New Player

Yeah. That's why indigo would fit so perfectly. It even goes with lore.
    • Like x 2
  19. Quintus Adrien Well-Known Player

The point of Indigo being able to mimic blue lantern powers, is a great idea. It would help the devs, so they wouldn't have to make a totally new power for the villain side.
    • Like x 1
  20. SaintWalker46 New Player

Yeah. The only weird thing is that we haven't received any hints about indigo lanterns, while we have received a ton about blue lanterns. We'll see what happens.