Leagues recruitment requirements crack me up

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fozz454, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Everyone's league is different. We have many people who's mains are under 100 SP. They just don't play that often or they just log in to joke around and run maybe 1 duo in the 2 hours they are online.

I also know people that have played in my league and since it's not all end game content focused they didn't enjoy it and left for a more end game focused league. League are just about getting like minded people together to play and have fun. If that means grinding the end game over and over until you accomplish whatever goals everyone has then yes you'll probably only want high CR and high SP players. If you want a league where you can just log in, run in circles in your base for two hours and joke around and laugh with friends in league chat then I think CR and SP won't matter.

At the end of the day though who cares what requirements people place on their leagues. It's their league and they have goals they strive to complete when they log in. If you aren't going to have those same goals then you probably won't enjoy yourself so the requirements help you and them make sure that doesn't happen.
    • Like x 3
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

This isn't true for all leagues, but yes most leagues with end game content players do want this. The Rebels have never been one of those leagues.
    • Like x 1
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Soooooo... You have 6 T6 alts and no friends, who would want you in their league? Odd...
    No one is making you join a random league, recruiting in LFG. Most of them are god-awful and last less than a week - often because they're made by notoriously terrible/obnoxious players, who ran out of leagues to hop - but that is not how most of us find a good league. We /friend people we get along with and run with regularly and either form or join leagues together.
    • Like x 2
  4. X-zero Loyal Player

Like mentioned there are many types of leagues. A league with those requirement seem like they are tired of pugging the t6 alert. And with the sp requirement even if the person isn't the greatest you may can tell them how to adjust their skill points to help out more. And there are T6 people like there who where in a league in the past but maybe their league became inactive and want to go into an end game league.

And there are a lot more strict requirements they could have added too min pvp cr, must have a mic, time played a week, tributes to the league, age requirement, legendary requirement, and etc. Each of the requirements usually has a reason behind it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cicatrix New Player

Ive noticed that those with more skill points, for the most part, versus those with more skill points tend to be a little better than those with a lot less. Im usually comparing those with about 100 sp to 160. I think its because those with a lot of sp have been in this game longer and understand the detailed mechanics. Those with a lot less sp feel like zombies, they they just copy loadouts given by the community and stick with fotm powers/weapons. I know there are exceptions but that is what I see ends end up happening.

In our league we dont pick players that are too new because they just end up getting carried through all the content and never really trully know how to play the game. For me those experienced players are the ones that can get far in survival and beat the contents hard raids when within the first few weeks of it coming it.
  6. PKMN12 New Player

WOW, people here do not seem to care about new players at all do they? Not everyone has been playing for 3 years, or even 3 months, but might like to join a league still and learn how to play the game. Saying anyone without those things "just wants to be carried" is moronic to say, and is an EXTREMELY elitist thing to say.

I have seen many people who do not have 100 SP or less and are a HUGE amount better than people with 160 sp.
    • Like x 4
  7. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

Seriously? Why can't those new players form leagues with fellow new players and stop whining about how they can't get into T6 leagues so they can get carried. I've been here since launch and I remember no one knew what to do back then. We grouped up and formed leagues so we could play the content and figure things out. Is it so wrong for some to expect the new players to do this?
    • Like x 1
  8. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I wouldn't invite anyone unless I've gotten to know them which happens over a period of time. I wanna know if their a drama queen, a ten year old or someone thats going to genuinely embarrass me (not easy to do) so I can skip them. Playing frequency doesn't bother me as much as what kinda person I'm dealing with. The league very very rarely blindly invites someone but I've never heard of them making a sp limit. Maybe a T4 limitation? I'm not big on the elitist crap.

PK there's plenty of leagues out there that take newer players in and there's nothing wrong with that either.
    • Like x 2
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And that is really all that needs to be said.

People play in the way they want to play, with who they want to play. Film at 11.
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

11. St IronMagic Well-Known Player

An endgame league who has those requirements are actually doing you a favor. You are entry level with those stats. Everyone in my league with the exception of maybe 3 people have families and work full time. They're way above that requirement without even trying. Other leagues are absolutely fine with taking in lower than average players and that's fine. Then there are leagues who want to know that you actually put in some work and there's nothing wrong with that either.

It isn't hard to accomplish if you can focus for more than 2 minutes.
    • Like x 2
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Indeed, people are allowed to do so, provided it's within the rules set up by the devs. Wouldn't dream of trying to say otherwise.

That being said, I do have to be honest and say that I'm glad I've kept the "ignore league/group invites" tab in the On position and will probably continue to do so for a while now. I can't imagine how obnoxious random/blind league invites are going to get now, never mind the level of absurdity that will be reached in league requirements or qualifications. Those are headaches I can easily live without.
    • Like x 1
  13. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Man after seeing some of these comments I'm so very proud to be a member of the Fanboys. :)
  14. Tikkun Loyal Player

My league requires T5 minimum (as they will be bored otherwise since we run mostly T5+) and as many SP as CR. This will prove that the player is taking the time and care to make sure the toon will be able to perform at even a moderate standard regardless of skill level. We have been burned in the past by players who use our league player base as a stepping stone to a League with stricter, more elite, requirements.

We do make exceptions on a case-by-case basis if the player has the right attitude.
    • Like x 1
  15. KidMidnight Loyal Player

its ironic that many leagues are overlooking lower cr players. The way things are going to be set up running a few players through content as soon as they hit the minimum cr is going to bring more prestige than running that instance with a full crew of t6 players. its worth it to a league trying to earn prestige to grab a few new members and develop them into good players as soon as they step off brainiacs ship...
    • Like x 1
  16. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

I agree.

Shout out to Lady Thren and WrathChild showing my the ropes, helping me get from CR54 all the way to CR 104 as a Quantum Troller. I did it in about 3-4 weeks, took a while but now I'm at 82 SP trying to hit 90 this weekend. Just made my toon about 6 weeks ago.

I've build a relationship with my league and we chat daily & the communication is great. We help each other with raids, feats or anything in general on a daily basis. It's a small league too, so keep everything personal.

I understand if other leagues work different however, not every league is going to be the same. If a leader is looking for experienced players and less of a bond, to play on a more serious note it's understandable how that guy is trying to build his league. Everyone has different goals, but we'll see how League Halls will affect this.
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And that's usually when the "it's not MY job to teach new players" contingent makes their presence known, regardless of how much help they may have had in learning the ins and outs of the game.
    • Like x 1
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Everyone is entitled to play how they want that's a given. However alot of people dont realize mot everyone has been playing this game for years and years. Some people love this game want to learn but dont have as much time to spend on it as others may do. I myself started when it went f2p got to around 40 cr then quit for 2 years came back in December and have been playing on and off since I got up to 104 cr 104 sp. To the people who say 100 sp is easy...no its not easy. Maybe some of the feats are easy but the time to aquire these feats aren't always. I am always running content seeking out feats and it took me...playing a good amount 4 to 5 months to go from 40 cr 42 sp to 104 cr 103 sp.

Now I know there are people on here will just say oh you're bad get better thats weak I get 150 sp in my sleep. The fact is the game is a grind and things take time in this game. Thats fine if you have requirements but understand not everyone can put in the time to this game even though they may love it. And I only have 1 toon the thought of leveling an alt even with SP buying is nauseating and costly ill pass. End of rant thank you lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

In my league we all enjoy helping the newer members. I think it's fun running lower level content with a lower level member and showing them things they may not have seen before. Get them up in level and you have more people to run with.
  20. Quanflux New Player

Your completely right, you should make a league that has 0 requirements to join and then you guys can farm the new T6 raids and go on winning streaks in PVP together, then you can show these silly leagues how these silly requirements don't mean a thing :rolleyes:.

I love how certain people tell other players that this game isn't a job, and then expects the players that do treat this game like a job to actually recruit low lvl players into their circles to level them with no benefit to themselves, I would rather treat this game like a job then a charity.
    • Like x 1