More John Stewart.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheMightyGrizzly, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Tracmar Well-Known Player

too much lanterns already .. them rings hurt my eyes ...

now Amazons, them I don't mind
  2. John Brawler Committed Player

yea, you missed the post he made a few weeks ago when he was asked about which lantern power would be the next power and he teased it by putting up a picture of arkillo fighting a star sapphire, blue lantern, and indigo lantern. oh but i guess you have your's so you're happy, but god forbid someone has a reason that they stop with the current lantern stuff and give another branch of dcu some attention. since you seem to be all for more lanterns and trying to just try and make people that don't look like idiots by leaving out sources but bringing up only select information, that obviously you won't let anyone say their peace, so good day.
    [IMG]
  3. Im Charlie New Player

No offense but John Stewart was nothing before JLAS. And even now he isn't really important in the new 52. Gardner, Jordan, and especially Rayner are doing big things in the comics.
  4. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Well i posted the link to the thread where Spytle confirmed that White/Black aint happening, i also remember that THAT picture was meant as a JOKE than a tease, unfortunately i cant remember the name of the thread that picture is from, so now its your turn. So instead of posting a pic completely outta context and misquoting, feel free to either post that threads Link or at least post the Name of that thread. If you dont ill just assume youve realised you were wrong.

Oh btw did you notice MY comment in that thread joking about how Spytle confirmed Indigo Powers? No? Shame...
  5. John Brawler Committed Player

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?posts/2652743/ oh wait, what is this? is this a link? to where he responded this to get people talking about the next lantern power and posting it to get them off his back for while? oh nooooo that's impossible if i'm only misquoting since the only way he can even post this much without getting in deep is if they're working on the next lantern and already decided. i already went against my last post by coming back here, but if you wanna keep pulling this then fine.
  6. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Oh I definitely wanna keep "pulling this" LMAO XD
    Did you actually read that thread at all? And I mean read it from page 1 not from Spytles quote onwards?
    No, no you didnt, otherwise you'd realise why this "confirmation" is bogus and was a joke lool.

Seriously man, if your gonna try use a Dev quote to backup your unfounded claims, please do your research first. Even the writing above and below that picture hints you at what he was ACTUALLY getting at. But ofc its not like the actual Thread Title should have done that for you right?

Funny too huh? You'll quote a Dev comment but you neglected to quote the same Dev commenting on the next page laughing about how ppl on the Forums will "read into anything" and he loves us for it lool.
  7. sterl320 New Player

They might put John in a mission with the introduction of the Star Sapphires to the game, with Fatality as another important character. That would be cool.
  8. Green Lantern New Player

9. TheMightyGrizzly New Player

John Stewart isn't the only green lantern i'd like to see more of, but he's a very well known lantern. He's one of earths four lanterns.

And he's a member of the Guardians of the Universe. The only mortal guardian at that.
  10. sterl320 New Player

until Hal Jordan destroyed everything lol.
  11. sterl320 New Player

So is John Stewart. Have you seen the new 52 Green Lantern Corp series?
  12. TheMightyGrizzly New Player

No.

I don't follow the comics much.
  13. sterl320 New Player

its starring Guy Gardener & John Stewart. Its been following John & fatality a lot recently.
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I disagree. In the early 90's he had his own series called 'Green Lantern: Mosaic'. Try it out and you might just change your mind about him. Of course, back then the writers focused more on his architect background than his military background, but it was still a fine read.

As far as getting more John into in the game is concerned, DCUO is kind of doing their own version of a series of stories that have run in DC Comics for the last few years. In one portion of that story, Kyle ended up with a blue ring and Guy ended up with a red ring - just like we've seen in War of Light Part I.

In that same story, John had an Indigo ring. Since we'll probably see Indigo Lanterns in War of Light Part II, I'd guess there's a good chance we'll see a bit more of John in the future.
  15. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

One of Earths Five lanterns now. You should check out the new52 Lantern comics. One of the best written in the new52.

----------------------SPOILER ALERT----------------------

Three side notes though:
    Didnt John lose his "Guardian" status after Jordan destroyed the corps as Parallax?
    Considering the Guardians are all dead except Sayd and Ganthet who are banished from Oa, if he didnt lose his status wouldn't that make him the Only Guardian?
    Does anyone know if that whole "Mosaic" storyline is still canon? Or was it retconned by the New52?
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Yep. Can't forget Simon Baz.
    Six if you count Alan Scott (not part of the Corps, but he is a Green Lantern)
    Seven if you count the era where Jade was a GL.
    Eight if you count Charlie Vicker. :D

I'm 99% sure that it's all been retconned away. Mosaic was a result of The Old-Timer, who was introduced during the classic Neal Adams Green Lantern/Green Arrow 'socially conscious' run. GL and GA don't seem to have that kind of relationship at all in the New52 so I'm guessing that history is kaput.

Heck, I don't think John was even a military man until the Justice League animated series decided to give him that kind of background. Lots of retconning involved ...
  17. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Good point actually, i completely forgot about Scott and his daughter. I know he has more to do with the Starheart than the Guardians, but hes still an honourary member of the Corps.

Im still not sure about the new52 though. Alan Scott being gay? No problem. Alan Scott being from Earth 2 instead of Earth Prime? Kinda weird. Seems like DC is aiming for a lot of ppl to migrate from Earth 2 to Earth Prime.
  18. SupesIsBestHero New Player

No, there's enough Lantern content on here we don't need anymore for a while
  19. Im Charlie New Player

Every green lantern had there own series. Whats he doing now? being an average lantern at the moment
  20. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

What he is doing now is being as much a part of the "Uprising" arc as Hal has been considering it was a crossover event between Green Lantern & Green Lantern Corps comics. With regards to the New52 Lantern stories, although Guy Gardner joining the Reds is the most interesting, if we're talking about just Green Lanterns then Johns parts from Wrath all the way up to Uprising have far been the most interesting.