CELESTIAL DPS - Buff Idea!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by PureDarkness, Jul 20, 2014.

1. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

(Intro.... Skip if u already know how much Celestial sucks)

We all know how since weapon mastery Celestial really sucks. Plus, it's "Awesome Mehcanic" is the precision-based combo powers, which are slow, weak, interruptible, useless, etc. Most of Celestial DPS users (the few of us who are left) have chosen to use a loadout that is made out of very few things: Weapon mastery, and buffs (Benediction, Anoint, Dark Pact...). Basically, nobody uses actual offensive powers anymore because those are too slow.
    Most of people talk about speeding up Celestial. Some animations are way too slow to execute a useful combo in the battle, like Wither was before the speedup. However,

(INTRO FINISHED)
    Speeding the attacks up will not help: first of all, it will make the animations less appealing, making some people want to switch powers. Also, we still have those charge-up times that do nothing (the 2 clicks long pause between Plague and Corrupted Divine Light. that waiting time between Retribution and Cleansed Wither, etc.).

During that time, we can be juggled, stuned, encased, grounded, cancelling our supposedly almighty precision combo. Hardlight doesn't have this delay (I'm not a rage player, so I can't comment about this one).

Basically, my idea is to remove those charge up times, reduce them by one for each attack. Smite into Haunt and vice versa will stay the same. However, Retribution can be comboed directly into cleansed wither and vice versa (instead of doing *retribution*, tap melee, tap range, you will just do *retribution*, tap range). You remove that one useless charge-up effect and boom, this attack gets a lot better.

Won't that make Plague and Divine light overpowered? No! As I said, you reduce the charge-up animation by one, so you're not doing a direct combo (overpowered), nor the whole combo you're used to. Just *hit a power button (Plague or DL)*, *tap melee or range (Devs will decide)*, *Hold melee*. No need to change the cooldown timer or anything.

Hopefully, this will make the power playable and competetive again.
    • Like x 3
  2. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I wouldnt mind your idea myself but it wouldnt take the appeal away from me if Celestial was sped up but then again im not everyone else. It would also be nice to be able to move while casting our powers without having to go jumping around mid combo.

Just using Admonish while simply walking around then comboing into Blight would be awesome.
  3. Elm New Player

I really think celestial is good how it is
  4. AzraelR Committed Player

Celestial need a pet.

Or Imp, or Succubus, or Angel, or Demon, or any other creature from Sons of Trigon DLC.
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I agree with you completely, you have explained it in deep context and put the point straight out. I honestly think it needs a damage PI also so it can do more damage. It is unfair that Rage and HL users have 'Plasma Burn' and 'Daze'. I have never destroyed them in damage, even when I'm more highly geared and modded then them. What you just said here will solve most of the problem.
    • Like x 1
  6. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Lol do not even try and say that HL has any sort of advantage over Celestial DPS. HL is the worst DPS power in the game at the moment. No other power has so little DPS potential (maybe fire but this update should fix it) or close to the same power cost...

Your comment about the PI is so ridiculous...so because Celestial has a prec AND might buff then rage and HL should get their prec buff changed to a prec AND might buff? SMH jus stop....
  7. TDSK Committed Player

I can agree for healer role. But for DPS, the best damage I can get is DL/Benediciton/Anoit then just spam Shield throw > magnum round mastery. I can hit 4.5k for no power at about 2.1k precision, but then go hit PcDL and hit for 2k (about 2.75k to 3k damage with DoT added). That is not fine.

I do like the idea of removing one charge from all combos, but they also need their damage buffed a smidge. Not a lot, but the might ticks need a small buff at the least. I shouldn't be hitting 80-120 on a single target Divine Light might based.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

The only thing that Celestial needs is a speed up and a little buff on the combos
    • Like x 1
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Be very careful what you ask for HL asked for a revamp and we got one. I would say its equal to or worse then the dreaded fire revamp.
  10. BOLO Active Player

I like that idea. Celestial is not on par with the other precision based powers atm. I think increasing the range of
    Blight/admonish and Wrath of presence to
    Consume soul would help. Also Buff the damage just a little.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Ha, have you been Celestial? I've played Celestial since it came out. I have played it on test servers at my friends before it came out. I pretty much know the power back to front. HL does very good damage, it's not top but it is balanced. I don't care if it gets a PI or Not, it was just an opinion. The Might buff is pointless to use actually. The might damage is still shocking after it's activated. Celestial has been a very good dps power, but is struggling bad due to WM. The prec based combos do around half the amount of damage. HL has very fast combos so you can squeeze them in between the WM combos. I have never had any complaints about celestial till now, and being experienced at the power, I wanted to share what I think will help the power. Please keep your comments to your self if you are going to criticise.
  12. lj_the_artist New Player

celes iis little slow i will agree with that alot but i do think it need be speed up due for fact it hard to be dps when im td it hard lately i been trying new loadout and **** i think found good loadout to fix in with wm but if we could speed on the timeing in celes it would be great for it since celes is slow as hell but rage or HL do not deal with same problem i think once we speed it up that would be fine instead buffing it and making op as **** u know ! and i think celes doesnt need pet that would be awful idea lol i think when they made celes they dont want to be like socy . if anything u would make celes little more better i would say give annoit like 200 more perc buff !!
  13. GammaGreenLantern New Player

I have a 104 Celestial toon: WrathfulWizard...so you just made yourself look ignorant. My two 106 toons are Hardlight and Rage.

Your original point was that because HL has a PI, then Celestial should as well...when I tell you that Celestial has a prec AND MIGHT buff compared to rage and HL ONLY prec buff then your response is that the Might portion of the buff is pointless...seriously?

The Might buff is not pointless....that might be the funiest statement I have read in a while. That is your biased opinion and not even close to a fact.

So clearly you have not played HL because the combos were slowed down just as much as Celestial SMH....

HL is in a worse state then Celestial, it is laughable that you tried to say HL has any advantage over Celestial as a DPS.....HL's hardest hitting power's (Fan) AOE is not even working properly as it is hittting single targets and not whole groups...not to mention HL has the highest power costs in the game by far...

Last point, if you don't want your opinions criticized then do not post on a forum. No one is here to stroke your ego....
  14. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

Actually, I believe that celestial has gone a lot worse than hl for one reason: the charges. Think about it as starting your HL claws, for a weak initial hit, without being able to continue the combo into ram or minigun. This is like that for celest: as the power is prec-based, the might damage is awful and you rely on the prec combo. With HL, ur able to at least get 2 or 3 hits beforr getting stunned, while celestial only has the time to deploy a terrible might power, and a charge. A damned useless charge. If, at least, they added something to it (power regeneration, a little group heal even if in dps role, damage buff to the prec combo, increased defense for 3-5 seconds, you know, something actually useful) we wouldn't be stuck with a "hey hit me to cancel 90% of my damage!"

For the buff, yes, the might buff is pointless, except for a few selected powers: the simple might attacks are irrelevant, even with a buff; most of non-combo powers are useless for dps (they're better for healers), leaving us with a total usefulness for supercharges. So that's a place in your loadout you're just about to waste. Do you want that in HL? Ok, I'm not against it - go choose a power to eliminate to replace it with an even worse one. Personally, I'd say remove it from celest (but very few people still use it - mostly bc of WM ruining the rest - so I respect it)

Its true that a PI would be awesome, but I can't say if it would be necessary with the other changes I suggest... And the guy/girl didn't say we needed a PI because HL has one, but because moet powers do. He/she took HL (and rage, just saying ... missed that one, didn't ya? ;) ) because it was one of the powers that were classed in the same AM category as celestial and clearly had an advantage. It was simply an example.
    • Like x 2
  15. sadystic New Player

Umm it takes 2 powers to get a might and precision buff on celestial. And if your using both your not using celestial properly. Celestial needs sped up no wuestion.
    • Like x 2
  16. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Lol it takes 4 powers to get to the ONLY prec buff for HL, AND all 4 powers can not be used as a viable DPS so...lol
  17. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Lol so much cherry picking in this post...

The original post I responded to said "it's not fair that HL and Rage have a PI and Celestial does not". That is what this argument is about so please stop trying to change this into an argument about if the Might portion of the Celestial buff is pointless as you said..(which it clearly is not, the might buff raises your might therefore it has a point, thus making it not pointless. Maybe if you said it was not usable in a viable DPS loadout but even that would not be true)

Back to the original argument....Just because HL and Rage have a PI does not mean that Celestial should. Celestial has advantages that HL or Rage do not have, should HL and Rage recieve those as well? Powers work differently to make them feel unique, which is hard enough after WM...

If i actually have to list out the advantages Celestial has that other powers do not, then you seriously do not know the power and should probably learn to play it better before complaining...

You stating that Celestial is in a worse condition then HL is hilarious. HL has much much higher power costs for the exact same level moves as Celestial.
    HL combos hit for FAR less then celestial combos.
    HL combos have very terrible or no AOE whereas Celestial has one of the best AOE moves in the game
    To unlock the prec buff for HL (Inspiration) you have to use 5 power points and of those 5 power points the only usable power you unlock is Inspiration.....just stop yall don't even know a bad power
  18. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Well if the argument started over that, then I'm sorry, I worded it wrong. What I mean is, it would be nice if Celest had a PI. But if the combos and prec based damage were sped up and increased, then there is no need for the PI. For the amount of time to cast a combo, the prec based damage is shocking. WM range attacks do twice the damage then Plague/cDL.

Please list those advantages, because I can't think of any.
    I can think of disadvantages though...
    • Really slow combos
    • Bad prec damage for combo cast time
    • Very bad might damage, (DP does not help much at all)
    • Bad Supercharges
  19. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Celestial can heal while damaging, has great AOE fields, can combo a shield into an attack or vice versa.

I know many many Celestial DPS who literally love the 25% SC that Celestial has..pretty good damage and extra heals for 25%. If you're complaining because it's might based well HL's only DPS supercharge is might based too but cost 50% and hits for so little after the last nerf to it...

Celestial's prec based combos hit for more then HL's...so not sure why you think the weak prec argument is helping you when HL combos hit for less prec and might wise then Celestial and HL combos have no AOE....

HL users have to use Weapon Mastery, if any HL DPS tried to use only their construct combos, the result would be much worse then if a Celestial DPS used only their powers and no WM...

The bottom line is that HL got slowed down just as much as Celestial BUT ALSO hits for less then Celestial. That makes it a worse power.
  20. sadystic New Player

You completely misunderstood. Anoint does NOT give a precision and might buff. Only precision. And it takes 5 power points to get to. You need an entirely different power (dark pact) to get a might buff. And that also requires 5 power points. In a completely seperate tree. Its not viable at all to get both. Definitely doable but not viable. Anoint is precision dark pact is might. And I agree hl is worse than celestial but that does not mean celestial doesn't need a tweak. Sped up combos or a PI. not both. I prefer sped up combos.
    • Like x 1