Who is going to miss Fire the way it was?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Stone Chewer, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Stone Chewer New Player

I am a big fan of how Fire works before GU 39. Everyone is excited about the AW which will never compete with WM, so when the update does hit I would suggest using WM or your damage WILL fall behind. This is how I currently use fire, let me know what you think.

2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No, not really going to miss it at all actually. Fire actually looks like a super power again and I might actually start doing PvE after this update. And I detest PvE.

Aren't you the guy who insisted fire was fine before the revamp, was one of the top powers in the game, and the only evidence you used to prove your point was a PUG run? Yea... This is going to be a fun thread if that's the case.

EDIT: I checked. This is going to be a fun thread.
    • Like x 12
  3. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

I found the update to be okay. For the tanking side, reducing the cool down on Stoke Flames is a good start but there is a lot left to be desired. Hopefully the tanking update will arrive within the next few updates.
  4. Stone Chewer New Player

The point of the run wasn't to show damage against another player, it was to show a way to use fire that people don't think about. Again I offered plenty of people the chance to play against me but all chose not to. If you are just going to bring that up again without wanting to prove yourself... whats the point.
    • Like x 1
  5. Stone Chewer New Player

The update is going to limit people, to either spamming powers with AM, or pretty much only sticking with Spontaneous.
    In my opinion I would of preferred to see Detonate be the AOE (obviously not do as much damage as they made Spon. do) and them leave Spon. the way it was.

I would like to also see them do something with tanking. And again I think if they buff the heals to the way they were before and add a long range fire pull, many will be happy.
  6. ReAni Mator New Player

There's always been players who have been able to make the most out of a power in whatever state, but making it more broadly attractive so it doesn't require a huge commitment of trial and error to do well with a power is always a welcome change imo. I tried fire a while back and the power consumption and low damage I was getting was too much of a turn off. Looking forward to giving it another go down the track.
    • Like x 2
  7. Random Hero New Player

The only thing i will miss about fire as it is currently is the burning dot that Spon C. gives other than that i feel that this update is great for both WM and also making fire feel close to what it used to fell like back in t4 days. Now if only the would make all cast time powers split after 4 targets I would think that fires AM could keep up with WM
    • Like x 1
  8. ReAni Mator New Player

TBH the only guy I know to have tried it on test did say he only really found himself using inferno and spon when trying to maximise damage. It seems to be happening a bit with wm, just a couple of powers and wm over and over. PvP is probably quite different in that regard, but from the PvP I have done (I'm the reverse of the other guy that posted in that I don't enjoy PvP much), wm and a few powers at most seems to be the recipe in there too.
  9. PKMN12 New Player

I remember when it the original Fire/Ice update first came out, no one would give it a chance, instead of learning how to use the power again (which was blatantly obvious), all people did was complain about how Fire was garbage, about how any group who uses it as a tank (or even DPS) will fail, etc, etc. It was pathetic. especially when one of its powers was bugged to do double damage and when it got fixed people started complaining even MORE.
    • Like x 1
  10. Stone Chewer New Player

Yes that is what I meant when I said "pretty much only sticking with spontaneous". That will be the move to max out damage. Inferno Fire Weapon and Spontaneous are the three moves that will be use. Also as I said in an earlier reply, I would of liked to see Det. be the aoe move, and Spon. stay how it was. Thats just my opinion on it though.
  11. Stone Chewer New Player

I completely agree with what you are saying about the Casting power needing to hit constant higher numbers. One of the reason i don't want this update yet is if they are going to introduce AM for fire, then make it useful as of right now the new AM won't keep up, isn't AM supposed to help fire out? It does a lot less damage than WM but gives power back... Is less damage really a fare trade off for a little power back? I think the devs should of worked on it a little more before they put it out.

I have already be on test server for a while now practicing with fire dps. I already know which loadouts will maximize damage and the ones i will be using. Im not saying you can't put out good damage I am saying I would like more than 3 moves to put out damage.
  12. ReAni Mator New Player

Yh there's not a lot of 'awesome' in a power back mechanic. That's what was stuck to nature and where it's helpful for solo stuff, dailies etc, and prob a bit in pvp, it really does nothing in changing/improving how you go about doing damage. I guess that's why it's called 'WiP' so the devs can always say 'they're working on it' and never have to cop to any recent problems... Pretty smart!!
  13. Stone Chewer New Player

Yeah I agree. IMO dev's need to stop thinking that this power back is "awesome" not for dps at least maybe they can try something like that for troll but it is not really needed at all. Losing WM for power back does not make a power equal.
    • Like x 1
  14. blklightning New Player

The good news is that a dev has committed to giving tanking some attention in a future update. He cannot state or confirm which/when, but said he'll do what he can.
  15. Random Hero New Player

I do agree but to be completely fair the only thing i really asked for from this update was spammable burst aoe dmg which i got from the change to spon c. So for the most part im happy. Besides i honestly get the feeling that WM will be nerfed once every powerset has an AM. For now i think it needs to be stronger than everything else to balance out the powersets
  16. blklightning New Player

I think one of the ways that WM will be nerfed is through the slow decrease in prec on the newer gear. The 94 items tend to weigh heavier on might than they do in prec increases. If this is the case... then we'll see that WM will slowly start to fall in line with the Advanced Mechanics; but, it will have happened in a way that does not appear to be a direct nerf. We all know what happens when a drastic change is made, don't we? :p
    • Like x 6
  17. Random Hero New Player

Very good deduction! I do think that this approach would be best for avoiding the angry mobs of players that come with every nerf lol.
  18. Stone Chewer New Player

I do agree we needed a burst aoe. The way I was hoping they would fix that is by making Detonate an aoe, and leaving spontaneous the way it was. And you might be right about wm going to get a nerf, and this might be the start by adding more might to the gears, but that can't be only change because that means all the way up to the 94 gears wm and prec then once they get 94 gears they switch to might base power.
  19. Random Hero New Player

I honestly thought that they were going to make detonate aoe but looking at its probably better they didnt due to the low modifier. Look on the brightside though spont c still procs just no burning dot
  20. Stone Chewer New Player

I agree det would of been a low damage modifier, but if it had been aoe along with have spon with its burning and spreading damage, I think we could get more damage out overall if those changes were made. But yes they still made Spon. a strong power and it what we have to work with. Just wish they would give us more powers that can do damage, really only need 3 powers to keep up with any other dps. I would like more options than that.